2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Notice as soon as he poked at Witkowski he hid behind another Flame? The guy is a soiled diaper.

Every time he threw a punch and someone tried to throw one back he'd hide behind a teammate. Hope his teammates enjoy getting beat up because it's going to happen a lot thanks to him.

Also, don't forget tough guy Bennett's antics at the end of the game.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tbh, my hate for the Ducks and Coyotes is comparable to my disdain for the Flames.

Which is not to say Calgary is getting off easy.

Coyotes? Even without Smith and Doan?

Calgary is an easy #1 on my hate list and I don't live anywhere near Alberta. I can't imagine how those of you who live amongst Flames fans feel about that team.
Actually, come to think of it, the Ducks have more hateable players by a pretty huge margin actually. Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf and Bieksa is enough hate to last a lifetime. Manson and Ritchie are a bit pukeish as well.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Flames board: 'any of our other goalies would have put up a shutout tonight'

Travis Hamonic: 'Mantha is a good young player but he's going to have to learn there's a code'

What's in the water down there?

A code you say? You mean like you don't slewfoot, headshot, or butt-end guys? Maybe preach to your own locker room, Travis.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Travis Hamonic: 'Mantha is a good young player but he's going to have to learn there's a code'

A code you say? You mean like you don't slewfoot, headshot, or butt-end guys? Maybe preach to your own locker room, Travis.

Hamonic had nothing to say about their little punk that jabbed a guy in the leg as he was leaving the game and then hid behind the rest of his team that had to do all the fighting for him? Oh and then starts slapping the head of a goalie while the goalie is being held by others. I see a few codes broken there.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Totally unrelated - I can't find the radio thread - but it looks like Will Fraser of 'Nielson and Fraser' fame may have been laid off. Bell media with layoffs in the Edmonton area and on the TSN 1260 website it's already changed to 'the Nielson Show' with just a picture of Dustin.

Feel bad for the guy because he's got a wife and kids at home but he's like listening to paint dry. Think watching paint dry is boring? Try listening to it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Totally unrelated - I can't find the radio thread - but it looks like Will Fraser of 'Nielson and Fraser' fame may have been laid off. Bell media with layoffs in the Edmonton area and on the TSN 1260 website it's already changed to 'the Nielson Show' with just a picture of Dustin.

Feel bad for the guy because he's got a wife and kids at home but he's like listening to paint dry. Think watching paint dry is boring? Try listening to it.

That’s too bad but Nielsen carries the show for sure - part of the humour is his interaction with Fraser who plays the straight man. I really hope this doesn’t mean we get more Lt Eric or God forbid Rick Pinter.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I dont know, this is a prime example of why I don't drink tap water, as I live in calgary.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I was wondering why it was saying "The Nielson Show" on the podcast. Fraser might be boring but he had good chemistry with Nielson, gonna be weird to listen to the show without him. Along with "Mike and Mike" on ESPN breaking up after about 20 years together, it's been a rough week for prominent radio/tv duos.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
That entire show needs revamping. I think Nielson is a good host but the Rick Pinter stuff and the Lieutenant Eric stuff is really just not funny anymore, if it ever was. Okay maybe it was for like 1 minute the first time and that's it.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I was wondering why it was saying "The Nielson Show" on the podcast. Fraser might be boring but he had good chemistry with Nielson, gonna be weird to listen to the show without him. Along with "Mike and Mike" on ESPN breaking up after about 20 years together, it's been a rough week for prominent radio/tv duos.

Fraser's TSN Twitter account is down as well. So that's not good.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That entire show needs revamping. I think Nielson is a good host but the Rick Pinter stuff and the Lieutenant Eric stuff is really just not funny anymore, if it ever was. Okay maybe it was for like 1 minute the first time and that's it.

I think that stuff is funny at times but it does get repetitive after a while. I love the goal songs the most, "Drai Drai Drai" always gets me.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Flames last night
IMG_0945.PNG

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Looks like Lt. Eric slotted into Wil's spot. Nielson started off the show with "We're here for a good time" and said that is the theme of the show today.

I like their morning show, I thought Wil & Dustin had a good thing going-very unfortunate for Wil and his family and I wish him all the best and good luck finding another radio/tv spot.

Lol-Dustin just referred to Calgary as the "expansion Flames" :laugh:.

Edit/Add: Dustin just addressed it and said it was a "restructuring by Bell Media so Wil is no longer with us" and finished by saying "our 3-man show is now a 2-man show thanks to Bell Media" (a bit of a backhanded comment). I get the sense Dustin is getting more and more frustrated with the way Bell is running things as late last week he was saying they were given direction from Bell Media they are no longer allowed to refer to "Rogers Place" by its name on the air as they are a direct competitor of Bell and instead must refer to it by Ice District. I bet he said "Rogers Place" at least 5 times in that segment during his rant about it. If he keeps poking the bear on air, he might find himself on the same path as his recently departed co-host.

Sorry for taking the "Around the League" thread a bit off the tracks with local radio stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Witch

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hamonic had nothing to say about their little punk that jabbed a guy in the leg as he was leaving the game and then hid behind the rest of his team that had to do all the fighting for him? Oh and then starts slapping the head of a goalie while the goalie is being held by others. I see a few codes broken there.
While what Tkachuk did was stupid. He barely tapped the guy. How that was called a spear I have no idea.

I like the whole "Old Time Hockey" quote that has come out of this. Neilsen was a on a roll with that and then the whole Pederman quotes from Seinfeld do to the Buffalo Bills being idiots and naming Pederman their starter this week.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I dont know, this is a prime example of why I don't drink tap water, as I live in calgary.

OT: Haha I live in Calgary too and for the "best water in the world" as so many locals claims it is utter garbage and actually makes me gag if it isn't super cold or filtered.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Since there isn't a pre-game or GDT up yet, thought I'd post this here:

Jake Allen's career numbers against Edmonton:
2-4-0 .847 s% and 3.12 GAA.

Carter Hutton's career numbers against Edmonton:
0-1-1 with a .879 s% and 3.61 GAA.

I accept all responsibility if either goalie goes full Tretiak tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad