2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Hamonic with his first of the season and Hamilton with a 3-point night.

'member when we could have traded Nurse and a pick for a 50-point defenseman? I remember. Nope, better to keep the guy who basically has no impact on a game in any actual facet besides having an excellent physique.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hamonic with his first of the season and Hamilton with a 3-point night.

'member when we could have traded Nurse and a pick for a 50-point defenseman? I remember. Nope, better to keep the guy who basically has no impact on a game in any actual facet besides having an excellent physique.
why are you ripping Nurse

he's been basically the most consistant d-man on the team

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
guess I'll cheer for vegas a little bit for now. there is no other team I want to root for. Fleury being injured is going to be tough; he started off pretty well

they feel like the team of misfit toys

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Kucherov is pretty damn good at hockey. He may actually be the guy challenging McDavid every year in the scoring race.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I wanted to draft Kucherov over Musil in that draft year... he'd look pretty good on a line with McDavid right now.

Of course the butterfly effect of drafting Kucherov would have probably meant the Oilers wouldn't have been in that exact spot they needed to be to draft McDavid.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Around the legume tonight.

Pittsburgh at New York Rangers @ 5 PM TVAS, MSG, ATTSN-PT
Florida at Philadelphia @ 5 PM NBCSP, FS-F
Toronto at Washington @ 5 PM NBCSWA, TSN4 (regional)
Tampa Bay at New Jersey @ 5:30 PM NBCSN
Vancouver at Ottawa @ 5:30 PM TSN5 (regional), SNV
Colorado at Nashville @ 6 PM FS-TN, ALT
Columbus at Winnipeg @ 6 PM TSN3 (regional), FS-O
Arizona at Dallas @ 6:30 PM FS-SW, FS-A
Buffalo at Vegas @ 8 PM SN360, ATTSN-RM, MSG-B
Montreal at San Jose @ 8:30 PM NBCSN, TSN2 (regional), RDS

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Anders Nillson pitches a 32 save shutout against the red hot Sens.

David Perron notches two goals, including the OT winner against Buffalo.

Taylor Halls' Devils win again, improving to 5-1.

Pretty shitty night all around fellas . The worst is Nilsson because I always felt we should have kept him as our backup. Oh well...

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
As long as they don't win it all, I think that's a good thing. Offensive guys are paid based on their offensive totals (oh well if the team got scored on like crazy too), and those are the types of players all set to break the bank for the leafs to rip their team apart.

I bet you 5000 dollars that not only will they not rip the team apart, they will add to them, and keep drafting well. Why would you root against a team doing well? lol I actually hope success for my team and the Oil..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anders Nillson pitches a 32 save shutout against the red hot Sens.

David Perron notches two goals, including the OT winner against Buffalo.

Taylor Halls' Devils win again, improving to 5-1.

Pretty ****ty night all around fellas . The worst is Nilsson because I always felt we should have kept him as our backup. Oh well...

Perron actually had some off moments in the game as well and the LV club spend most of the 3rd period shatting the bed and basically giving the Sabres entry back into the game. Was some of the worst late game panic I've seen. Was almost impossible not for Buffalo to come from behind 3 goals to tie it.

Some nice moments in LV but man that was an ugly end of the game. Ice was totally tilted.

I didn't see the Sens game, I suspect they took a game off to be frank. Every club seems to do it.

That said I liked Perron here and wish he was still around. He has good hands. Commitment is a problem though.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Tonight on the National:

Detroit at Toronto @ 5:30 PM SN360, SN1, TVAS, FS-D+
Chicago at St. Louis @ 6 PM NBCSN
Montreal at Los Angeles @ 8:30 PM NBCSN, TSN2 (regional), RDS

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Crawford is playing for Chicago tonight. The backup Forsberg is likely to start against the Oilers tomorrow.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kadri and JVR keep doing work. Hyman also pitching in. Leafs are looking good have to admit. If they can add a top 4 D at the deadline ... look out.

I don't think they have more talent than us, it's just that their talent plays up to their full potential or beyond it, especially in the case of their "support" players.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Kadri and JVR keep doing work. Hyman also pitching in. Leafs are looking good have to admit. If they can add a top 4 D at the deadline ... look out.

I don't think they have more talent than us, it's just that their talent plays up to their full potential or beyond it, especially in the case of their "support" players.

Getting the most out of all your players, not just the super elite of the group and those fortunate enough to play with them. This is a foreign concept to Oilers fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad