2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
4 days off with the Oilers practicing their asses off after 2 underwhelming games... playing tomorrow night vs a team that just crushed your divisional rival.

There's absolutely no reason the Oilers should be taking Ottawa lightly tomorrow... especially when they were beaten by the Senators in 5 of the last 6 games they've played against them.

I wouldn't guarantee an Oiler win tomorrow night... but I think I can guarantee that they won't come into that game thinking anything other than it's going to be a difficult game that will take 60 (or even more) minutes of hard work to win.

This game tomorrow night should be close to playoff type intensity imo.

This week of practicing with a very surly TMac should have got the teams attention and have them ready to go. Hopefully they don't run into out of this world goaltending.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This week of practicing with a very surly TMac should have got the teams attention and have them ready to go. Hopefully they don't run into out of this world goaltending.

Good point about the goaltending. So far all 3 of the goalies the Oilers have faced are top 10 in the NHL in save pct this season. That will be 4 if they face Anderson.

If Anderson does start... no doubt he stands on his head.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
4 days off with the Oilers practicing their asses off after 2 underwhelming games... playing tomorrow night vs a team that just crushed your divisional rival.

There's absolutely no reason the Oilers should be taking Ottawa lightly tomorrow... especially when they were beaten by the Senators in 5 of the last 6 games they've played against them.

I wouldn't guarantee an Oiler win tomorrow night... but I think I can guarantee that they won't come into that game thinking anything other than it's going to be a difficult game that will take 60 (or even more) minutes of hard work to win.

This game tomorrow night should be close to playoff type intensity imo.
I am completely expecting a shit 1st period. Too many days off, will take a period to get into the game imo.

So as long as we don't dig a hole in the first we stand a chance.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I am completely expecting a **** 1st period. Too many days off, will take a period to get into the game imo.

So as long as we don't dig a hole in the first we stand a chance.
You're right, when was the last time you saw a team take a week off and come out flying?

but they kinda have to giver' hell

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Before we get too giddy at the idea of Matthews making 13.5M, remember that the notion was being floated by Dreger. The same guy who said that McDavid's contract was going to be 14M+

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Leaf fans on their board are already unhappy about the idea of him getting 13.5--If he gets 13.5 it could be fun. on both the leaf board and the main trade board the general idea from leaf fans is 10 a year

Aren't they just building the narrative so that once he gets 11-12 everyone will rejoice in that he took millions in discount?

Reactions: The Bored Man

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Before we get too giddy at the idea of Matthews making 13.5M, remember that the notion was being floated by Dreger. The same guy who said that McDavid's contract was going to be 14M+

Guess it's a question of what they should get vs what they do get. Just gotta hope Matthews plays hardball. If he is looking at the profits the leafs are making off him, he is justified in asking for the max. Same kind of argument Lebron made about NBA players. The cap limit lets teams make way more money off the upper tier players than the players are taking home themselves. Matthews is being sold to the biggest hockey market as the saviour, he deserves all the money he can get. No matter what he gets, the leafs are still going to make a profit off him thanks to the cap limit.

That all said, I wouldn't be surprised if Lou signs Matthews/Nylander/Marner all to 6Mx8 year deals, lol.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just to distract from the Leafs focus, which should be beneficial in itself..;) The LA Kings have Kopitar, you know, that one, the better player back, they have Dustin Brown back and both are playing the best they have looked in years. To add to that Muzzin is back to snuff after an out of sorts year last season. But in a strange bit of news Drew Doughty looks awfully and easily distracted out there. Tkachuk completely in his head in the game vs the Flames.

Some players get better after a lot of success. For some reason Drew Doughty has gotten worse. He's not been the smart player he once was.

In other news what a great story the LV team is. Good to see an expansion club have some initial success. AV's have been fun to watch as well and playing a very enjoyable brand of hockey.

It seems in the west that only Arizona will be truly awful this season.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Games tonight

Carolina at Winnipeg @ 5 PM SN1, CITY, FS-CR
Toronto at Montreal @ 5 PM CBC, TVAS, NHLN-US
St. Louis at Tampa Bay @ 5 PM SUN, FS-MW
New Jersey at New York Rangers @ 5 PM MSG, MSG+
Washington at Philadelphia @ 5 PM NBCSP, NBCSWA
Florida at Pittsburgh @ 5 PM ATTSN-PT, FS-F
Colorado at Dallas @ 6 PM FS-SW, ALT
Columbus at Minnesota @ 6 PM FS-N, FS-O
Nashville at Chicago @ 6:30 PM WGN, FS-TN
Boston at Arizona @ 7 PM FS-A, NESN
Calgary at Vancouver @ 8 PM SN1, CITY
Buffalo at Los Angeles @ 8:30 PM FS-W, MSG-B
New York Islanders at San Jose @ 8:30 PM NBCSCA, MSG+

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
That leafs defensive play...

mileyhotmess.gif

Reactions: sepHF

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Toronto is a pretty exciting team to watch, and not always for the right reasons :laugh:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Don't really see anyone outscoring Toronto this year. Crazy and sad.

As long as they don't win it all, I think that's a good thing. Offensive guys are paid based on their offensive totals (oh well if the team got scored on like crazy too), and those are the types of players all set to break the bank for the leafs to rip their team apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad