World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
It's nice to see a Team Sweden squad announced and not be completely disappointed for once. The biggest omission is probably Klingberg followed by Lindholm, but both wouldn't have made it anyway and Kronwall was already on the team. I had Nyquist and Rakell over Silfverberg and maybe Backlund over Krüger, but it's hard to complain when you've gotten used to picks like Tallinder over Hedman. :laugh:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sedin - Sedin - Loui
Steen - Backstrom - Forsberg
Landeskog - Soderberg - Silfverberg
Hagelin - Zetterberg - Hornqvist

Hedman - Strålman
Hjalmarsson - Karlsson
Ekholm - OEL

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
It's nice to see a Team Sweden squad announced and not be completely disappointed for once. The biggest omission is probably Klingberg followed by Lindholm, but both wouldn't have made it anyway and Kronwall was already on the team. I had Nyquist and Rakell over Silfverberg and maybe Backlund over Krüger, but it's hard to complain when you've gotten used to picks like Tallinder over Hedman. :laugh:

Well yeah but the depth was so good this time it was hard to screw up and he still sorta managed by picking Kronwall and Krüger. Krüger is exactly the kind of role-player we don't need.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Nyquist got snubbed. He just led the World Championships in goals lol, how do they leave him off?
Don't know the only whc forward who didn't suck and has the potential to put up a lot of points it's senseless.

Team Snub
Nyquist - Zibby - Rakell
Lindholm - Wennberg - Rask
Nylander - Backlund - Burakovsky
Fast - Berglund - Johansson

Lindholm - Klingberg
Edler - Larsson
Klefbom - Enström

Last edited:

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
Nyquist got snubbed. He just led the World Championships in goals lol, how do they leave him off?
Agreed. He should be there instead of Söderberg or Kruger, I guess they value having a boatload of slow centers on the team more than wingers who can skate and score

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

Well in points he is only the 8th winger of Swedish NHL-players, so it is a tough group. With that said, he would have made my team as would Johansson.

What is the story with Johansson not being on the team? I am missing out it seems.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Marcus Johansson РMika Zibanejad РGustav Nyquist......Rickard Rakell РVictor Rask РElias Lindholm......Andr̩ Burakovsky РAlexander Wennberg РAnton R̦din......Dick Axelsson РMikael Backlund РJesper Fast...William Nylander......Hampus Lindholm РJohn Klingberg ......Tobias Enstr̦m РAdam Larsson......Alexander Edler РJonas Brodin
......Johnny Oduya......Jhonas Enroth / Eddie Läck / Jonas Gustavsson

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Agreed. He should be there instead of Söderberg or Kruger, I guess they value having a boatload of slow centers on the team more than wingers who can skate and score

Nyquist didn't even compete for the same spots as Söderberg or Kruger. Size is also very much needed on this team. It's not like he's been some kind of scoring machine this season either, perhaps against Kazakstan.

Nyquist would have made my team though, mainly because he attended the WC. He isn't clearly better or worse than Silfverberg or Hörnqvist, just a different type of player.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
I don't really mind the selection of Kruger over Backlund and Berglund since it seems they are going for a purely defensive 4th line anyway. Kruger plays with more intensity than those two. Johansson or Nyquist (or both) should have made the team, but I guess they wanted more right hand shooters.

Team could look like:

Forsberg - Bäckström - Zetterberg
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Landeskog - Söderberg - Steen
Hagelin - Kruger - Silfverberg
Hörnqvist

Hedman - Strålman
Ekholm - Karlsson
OEL - Hjalmarsson
Kronwall

Well, hopefully Kronwall is the 7th defender.
A lot of people put Hjalmarsson with Karlsson but Hjalmarsson plays really well on the right side and I haven't seen him play left side in Chicago.

Last edited:

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
How many centers are there? Sedin, Kruger, Zetterberg, Söderberg, Bäckström. Nyquist surely "competes for one of thoose spots ", that is atleast one center to many.

Maybe they are afraid of a repeat of Sochi where Bäckström and Zetterberg did not make it to the finals for different reasons

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
How many centers are there? Sedin, Kruger, Zetterberg, Söderberg, Bäckström. Nyquist surely "competes for one of thoose spots ", that is atleast one center to many.

Maybe they are afraid of a repeat of Sochi where Bäckström and Zetterberg did not make it to the finals for different reasons

Why would we only send 4 centers at most? Remember Sochi?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Don't know the only whc forward who didn't suck and has the potential to put up a lot of points it's senseless.

Team Snub
Nyquist - Zibby - Rakell
Lindholm - Wennberg - Rask
Nylander - Backlund - Burakovsky
Fast - Berglund - Johansson

Lindholm - Klingberg
Edler - Larsson
Klefbom - Enström

Still a good team. it feels satisfying that Sweden actually has this depth which we never had before.

Add in:

Läck (yes I would pick him # on team B)
Enroth
Gustavsson

Not that bad.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Man Edler is so under appreciated. The guy has been playing the best hockey of his career the past few years. Really surprised with no Klingberg either.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Man Edler is so under appreciated. The guy has been playing the best hockey of his career the past few years. Really surprised with no Klingberg either.

The surprising snubs on this team should not be on defense.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Still a good team. it feels satisfying that Sweden actually has this depth which we never had before.

Add in:

Läck (yes I would pick him # on team B)
Enroth
Gustavsson

Not that bad.

No it's not that bad, what's bad is that despite the depth we still can't get a WHC team that doesn't embarrass themselves

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Don't they still have room to add 3-4 more forwards? Only one spot left on defense, I hope for your guys sake it doesn't go to Kronwall. I lived in Jonkoping for a bit so you guys are always my international second team.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

Sweden is so strong on D-men now so sure he can be left out, even if he is #5 ppg for Swedish D-men this season - not many Swedish fans care for that as VAN is not followed very much.

He also did well with Karlsson when they played together and by that alone it would be no big upset if Edler actually was on the team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Don't they still have room to add 3-4 more forwards? Only one spot left on defense, I hope for your guys sake it doesn't go to Kronwall. I lived in Jonkoping for a bit so you guys are always my international second team.

Nope, full roster is announced. Kronwall is on it unfortunately and I wouldn't be surprised if he's given tons of icetime....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad