World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Nope, full roster is announced. Kronwall is on it unfortunately and I wouldn't be surprised if he's given tons of icetime....

I guess once you have that reputation it follows you forever. Would have definitely taken Klingberg or Edler over him. Klingberg if you want more offense, Edler if you want more defense.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I guess once you have that reputation it follows you forever. Would have definitely taken Klingberg or Edler over him. Klingberg if you want more offense, Edler if you want more defense.

I would have taken Lindholm over all three.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Marcus Johansson?

truth.jpg

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Don't they still have room to add 3-4 more forwards? Only one spot left on defense, I hope for your guys sake it doesn't go to Kronwall. I lived in Jonkoping for a bit so you guys are always my international second team.
No this is the full team
Sweden is so strong on D-men now so sure he can be left out, even if he is #5 ppg for Swedish D-men this season - not many Swedish fans care for that as VAN is not followed very much.

He also did well with Karlsson when they played together and by that alone it would be no big upset if Edler actually was on the team.

Oh for sure as you may or may not have seen earlier in this thread I was an advocate for bringing edler in as the seventh man as we lack physicality on defense but after seeing Larsson in the WHC I was sorta leaning more towards him, but I wont complain about Ekholm either(especially not since he has played three straight WHC:s). Of course Kronwall has nothing to do on this team but that matter has already been discussed so much back and forth.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
THat defense looks so good, Edler and klingberg left off also.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Swedes!

Check my first post (start post) in this thread and let me know if we could add any stats or something for utsocknes. Or add it here and remove it (or whatever) when it is added by me. Cheers!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I just remembered Frank Zappa's question for Ian Underwood at hiring: - What can you do that is fantastic? - Teorareeiouratattattta (for three minutes: hired)

Marcus Johansson, Patrik Berglund and Mikael Backlund are not virtuosos at anything. It's that simple.

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
So bad, why do they do this every time?

I look at finlands team, they took out the best team possible. You can argue that Pulju would have been a more sexy name, but he is young and injured and didnt play in WHC, so it did make sense, otherwise it is hard to have any complains about their team. So why should it always be so hard for swedish coaches to take out the best team?

This beyond terrible, not just because players like Kruger are way to bad to play in a tournament like this (Grönborg fixation of unskilled grinders hasnt payed off in WJC 20, but he hasnt learn a thing from that), but they reward illojal players like Hörnqvist and Söderberg istead of lojal players like Nyquist and Backlund.

Also not taking out Klingberg and instead is having Strålman and Kronwall on the team is putting a big questionmark over what should have been our biggest strenght. After seeing pitts serie, I do not think Kronwall is the worse, because Strålman was really bad there. I think he was a big reason to why tamba lost that serie. I do not want glumpsy d-men that can not handle pressure, espically not when we are having one of the most smoothed players in the world outside the team. But it is like swedish coaches thinks it has to be a limit on skilled players on a team, you have to have a couple that sucks as well to create the best "team"

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
A canadian phenomenon. Unless my first post sux.

It doesn't :) but considering all the other info you added why not go full on and have secondary stats such as Hits, Blocked shots, fo%, toi etc... :)

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So bad, why do they do this every time?

I look at finlands team, they took out the best team possible. You can argue that Pulju would have been a more sexy name, but he is young and injured and didnt play in WHC, so it did make sense, otherwise it is hard to have any complains about their team. So why should it always be so hard for swedish coaches to take out the best team?

This beyond terrible, not just because players like Kruger are way to bad to play in a tournament like this (Grönborg fixation of unskilled grinders hasnt payed off in WJC 20, but he hasnt learn a thing from that), but they reward illojal players like Hörnqvist and Söderberg istead of lojal players like Nyquist and Backlund.

Also not taking out Klingberg and instead is having Strålman and Kronwall on the team is putting a big questionmark over what should have been our biggest strenght. After seeing pitts serie, I do not think Kronwall is the worse, because Strålman was really bad there. I think he was a big reason to why tamba lost that serie. I do not want glumpsy d-men that can not handle pressure, espically not when we are having one of the most smoothed players in the world outside the team. But it is like swedish coaches thinks it has to be a limit on skilled players on a team, you have to have a couple that sucks as well to create the best "team"

the problem is Krüger isn't really gritty, he isn't anything really so why is he anywhere even close to being in the ****ing NHL in the first place?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Is this an interresting fourth line?

Hagelin - Steen - Silfverberg? If Z need the oxygen Steen can play wing.

Landeskog - Söderberg - Zetterberg etc.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
It doesn't :) but considering all the other info you added why not go full on and have secondary stats such as Hits, Blocked shots, fo%, toi etc... :)

Need help with that. I'm a b-team first poster :)

Anyone who starts a new thread, feel free to use my stats!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Alternative team:

Sedin - Sedin - Lindholm
Forsberg - Bäckström - Johansson
Landeskog - Rakell - Silfverberg
Hagelin - Zibanejad - Fast
Nyquist

Lindholm - Hedman
Ekholm - Karlsson
Ekman-Larsson - Hjalmarsson
Brodin

Lumquest
Markström
Lehner

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I just remembered Frank Zappa's question for Ian Underwood at hiring: - What can you do that is fantastic? - Teorareeiouratattattta (for three minutes: hired)

Marcus Johansson, Patrik Berglund and Mikael Backlund are not virtuosos at anything. It's that simple.

I like the music reference - good taste - but Hörnqvist and Krüger are not doing anything fantastic either. Nor does Kronwall at this stage versus Lindholm, Larsson, Edler, Klingberg, Brodin or Enström. Yes I do value him for face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad