World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team North America (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Galchenyuk is a way better goal scorer than....Eichel,Larkin,Mathews,Drouin......30 goals last year proves that.:laugh:

At Center. Eichel, Larkin and Matthews all have more upside...He could replace RNH and I would be fine with that...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oh yeah, didn't mention it before. Love the Matthews pick :yo:.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Penguins fan here. Drouin is awesome. He should be part of the TOP6 here, seriously. Habs fans complaining about him being in over Galchenyuk are funny.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Who cares about upside the tournament is in September....please learn hockey.....:yo::yo::yo::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The first two will have a year in the NHL under their belt, and will be that much better ...Larkin will have played twice at WC's, Eichel and Matthews once each, where all three were lights out...plus Matthews had that year in the Swiss A League...at 17/18 no less, where he was near the top of the league in scoring, and where he led his team in scoring in the playoffs

When players are this friggen good, and have this MUCH upside, THE FUTURE IS NOW!

As for Galchenyuk? Good as he is, people won't be nearly as excited, nearly as willing to pay big bucks, to see him play...FOR GOOD REASON!

As for learning Hockey? Two bits, I've already forgotten more than u'll ever know...Three bits says, I've been around a helluva lot longer...

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
The first two will have a year in the NHL under their belt, and will be that much better ...Larkin will have played twice at WC's, Eichel and Matthews once each, where all three were lights out...plus Matthews had that year in the Swiss A League...at 17/18 no less, where he was near the top of the league in scoring, and where he led his team in scoring in the playoffs

When players are this friggen good, and have this MUCH upside, THE FUTURE IS NOW!

As for Galchenyuk? Good as he is, people won't be nearly as excited, nearly as willing to pay big bucks, to see him play...FOR GOOD REASON!

As for learning Hockey? Two bits, I've already forgotten more than u'll ever know...Three bits says, I've been around a helluva lot longer...
i know 100 million times more about hockey than you will ever know.....yes the future is now and Galchenyuk is a proven 30 goal scorer they are not......goodbye schoolboy.:shakehead:):laugh::yo::amazed:

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

I agree that Galchenyuk should have been on the team, but man 1 season over 46P and it's like a travesty he isn't considered elite.

I could see the argument for players over RNH as he's just come off an injury riddled season, but he's definitely more deserving than Drouin/Matthews/Miller.

players on the team who've had 50+P seasons facing other team's top lines: Gaudreau, Monahan (x2), RNH (x2), Saad, MacKinnon(shared), and if you want to count Scheifele when Little went down sure

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
RNH: Why? I can think of at least 5 to 7 players who'd be more deserving.

Also, even though I'm from Zurich, and even though I think Matthews is a beast, I believe he's only there for marketing reasons. This entire team was created to showcase McDavid, Eichel & Matthews.

Anyway, I believe the lineup may be something like this:

Drouin - McDavid - MacKinnon
Gaudreau - Monahan - Saad
Larkin - RNH - Eichel
Miller - Couturier - Scheifele
Matthews

Rielly - Ekblad
Ghost - Parayko
Murray - Jones
Trouba

Murray
Gibson
Hellebuyck

This team is going to be so much fun to watch, as a Flyers fan I'll obivously be drooling over a Ghost - Parayko pairing :popcorn:

Can't wait!!!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This team is going to be so much fun to watch, as a Flyers fan I'll obivously be drooling over a Ghost - Parayko pairing :popcorn:

Can't wait!!!

Me too! Ghost is awesome on the PP.

Parayko is a stud, my favourite non-Oiler player. Future Franchise D.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
i know 100 million times more about hockey than you will ever know.....yes the future is now and Galchenyuk is a proven 30 goal scorer they are not......goodbye schoolboy.:shakehead:):laugh::yo::amazed:

hmmm...if I was a condescending as u...with my luck...I probably get censured...so I won't take the bait...

Glachenyuk is not going to replace Druoin at left wing...Not with what the latter showed in this years SC playoffs...So following ur ( wild hyperbole ) he's a MUCH better choice as a natural center ( potentially shifted to wing ) than Eichel, Larkin or Matthews?

Even factoring in their youth...Not sure many would agree

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
hmmm...if I was a condescending as u...with my luck...I probably get censured...so I won't take the bait...

Glachenyuk is not going to replace Druoin at left wing...Not with what the latter showed in this years SC playoffs...So following ur ( wild hyperbole ) he's a MUCH better choice as a natural center ( potentially shifted to wing ) than Eichel, Larkin or Matthews?

Even factoring in their youth...Not sure many would agree

I know it'd be stupid to leave Larkin off the team after he went to the all star competition and won best skater but I'd gladly take Galchenyuk over him.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Galchenyuk would have been a 3rd or 4th line winger on a team like this. I don't think it's going to make much difference if he's on the bench or not.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

So basically this tournament is just marketing ...

Anybody who is trying to rationalize why a 30 goals scorer was not selected over a guy with no NHL experience or another guy who played in the AHL and NHL on XBox One this season is grasping at straws big time.

For people who don't realize only 28 players scored 30 goals in the NHL this season.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I absolutely hate the idea of this team. I'd hate it even more if I was American. Eichel and Gaudreau and maybe a couple of others should be on the U.S. team. It's not a true best on best if a country is unable to ice it's best roster because of this under 23 silliness.

Having said that this looks like a team that could win against some of the powerhouse national teams.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I can't wait to see USA and Canada play in 2018 hopefully.

The hate will just boil over. McDavid and Eichel don't like eachother and they shouldn't. They're enemies.

Players know who will be on future Olympic teams and this must be one of the most awkward moments in their careers to play with career long enemies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Absolutely love this team, pulling for them since USA hockey is run by idiots

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I absolutely hate the idea of this team. I'd hate it even more if I was American. Eichel and Gaudreau and maybe a couple of others should be on the U.S. team. It's not a true best on best if a country is unable to ice it's best roster because of this under 23 silliness.

Having said that this looks like a team that could win against some of the powerhouse national teams.

Wasn't really on board with the idea of a young guns team but let's be serious, USA hockey wasn't gonna pick pretty much any of these guys anyway with how much of a joke the roster turned out to be.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

The hate will just boil over. McDavid and Eichel don't like eachother and they shouldn't. They're enemies.

Players know who will be on future Olympic teams and this must be one of the most awkward moments in their careers to play with career long enemies.

Why are they enemies? Because they were drafted #1 and #2 in the same draft?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012

:laugh::biglaugh:

that is just too much.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Why are they enemies? Because they were drafted #1 and #2 in the same draft?

Rivals not enemies.

Plenty of these guys have history, playing with and/or against each other in youth tourneys, CHL, college, the Bigs , where ever. Don't foresee a problem with them coming together as a hungry, ultra talented and very fast team, with a chip on their collective shoulders/ something to prove to the game's more established stars...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
EDIT:

Think Eichel will be playing RW now that I think about it more. Lack of right handed guys.

Gaudreau - McDavid - Schfeiele
Drouin - Matthews - MacKinnon (this was almost a line in Halifax)
Saad - Monahan - Eichel
Couturier - RNH - Larkin
Miller

Couturier will be a C for sure for the shutdown line.

Maybe Gally didn't make it because there is no room for him at C. MTL fans have squawked that he needs to be at C to be at his best. Well, he wasn't going to get that chance in this team so they went with other players instead.

Just a thought.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Couturier will be a C for sure for the shutdown line.

Maybe Gally didn't make it because there is no room for him at C. MTL fans have squawked that he needs to be at C to be at his best. Well, he wasn't going to get that chance in this team so they went with other players instead.

Just a thought.

Of course, he's a natural center and there's no room for him there. His value drops off as he gets shifted to wing. Is he gonna displace Drouin, on left wing, in a top 6 role? Would he be more valuable than other natural centers, likely shifted to wing?

If not, his services -- despite being a very good player -- are not needed...

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Of course, he's a natural center and there's no room for him there. His value drops off as he gets shifted to wing. Is he gonna displace Drouin, on left wing, in a top 6 role? Would he be more valuable than other natural centers, likely shifted to wing?

If not, his services -- despite being a very good player -- are not needed...

I think maybe Galchy's downfall was that you see a clear emphasis on speed for your offensive guys - hence Larkin, JT Miller, Drouin being picked at the expense of Fabbri, Galchyenuk, Jenner. Thats not to say the latter are bad skaters, but the top end speed is still developing

Anyways, this team is STRONG. If the big names on this team can really step up and hang with the elites of other teams, than they have a shot to do damage. The only teams I cannot see them beating are Canada and Sweden. With the way Russia's defence is, I dont think a win here is out of the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad