World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team North America (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We have some character guys in Matthews, Marner and Rielly.

His ascent in the line up is quicker then I think even a lot of Leaf fans would have predicted. He's went from 13th forward to 1st line winger. I guess the only other thing I'd be curious to see is if he got a chance to play centre.

Objectively, you guys should be happy. Rielly playing top pairing minutes with Ekblad, Matthews worked his way up to the top line. Marner reminds me so much of Nuge, right down to the same #93. Hopefully you guys appreciate Nuge more through this tournament, the subtleties and his hockey IQ stand out.

Matthews has shown his versatility and team first approach. He's got a fan in me, after Parayko, Matthews is going to be my favourite non-Oiler player.

I'm so happy with the top line. Finally McLellan! Scheifele and Matthews are perfect line mates. These 3 will get heavy minutes, if we're going to beat the big 3 European powers, this line will have to dominate. And they can!

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
We have some character guys in Matthews, Marner and Rielly.

His ascent in the line up is quicker then I think even a lot of Leaf fans would have predicted. He's went from 13th forward to 1st line winger. I guess the only other thing I'd be curious to see is if he got a chance to play centre.

He's fitting in great as a two way winger that can play any line. McDavid will work best with guys that can get open when he has the puck, finish off chances and cover for him on the defensive end. Matthews and Scheifele makes the most sense.

I'd like to see Gaudreau/Eichel and Drouin/MacKinnon with Couturier and Monahan or RNH centering. If they don't have at least one two way player on each line, NA will get eaten alive in their own end.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He's fitting in great as a two way winger that can play any line. McDavid will work best with guys that can get open when he has the puck, finish off chances and cover for him on the defensive end. Matthews and Scheifele makes the most sense.

I'd like to see Gaudreau/Eichel and Drouin/MacKinnon with Couturier and Monahan or RNH centering. If they don't have at least one two way player on each line, NA will get eaten alive in their own end.

Objectively, you guys should be happy. Rielly playing top pairing minutes with Ekblad, Matthews worked his way up to the top line. Marner reminds me so much of Nuge, right down to the same #93. Hopefully you guys appreciate Nuge more through this tournament, the subtleties and his hockey IQ stand out.

Matthews has shown his versatility and team first approach. He's got a fan in me, after Parayko, Matthews is going to be my favourite non-Oiler player.

I'm so happy with the top line. Finally McLellan! Scheifele and Matthews are perfect line mates. These 3 will get heavy minutes, if we're going to beat the big 3 European powers, this line will have to dominate. And they can!

I was kind of curious in seeing Gaudreau with Matthews just because I think Matthews has some Monahan in him (just a little less experience) but RNH has looked good in this tournament. I don't know if it's just a case of being shell shocked in that Oilers uniform, maybe a change of scenery is needed OR this is the year the Oilers show improvement.

Drouin and MacKinnon should never be broken up though imo.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I was kind of curious in seeing Gaudreau with Matthews just because I think Matthews has some Monahan in him (just a little less experience) but RNH has looked good in this tournament. I don't know if it's just a case of being shell shocked in that Oilers uniform, maybe a change of scenery is needed OR this is the year the Oilers show improvement.

Drouin and MacKinnon should never be broken up though imo.

Nuge has always been solid, be objective :).

I like these lines, we have balance and Matthews-McDavid-Scheifele will be a handful and matches up against any of the top lines in our group.

Can't wait for this to get going.

Suomi we are coming for battle. And you're the favourite, we're the underdogs :yo:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad