2016 World Championships featuring: Leafs Players and Soon to be Drafted Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
:laugh:
it means nothing. (like in the sense of how people are gonna make it out to be - for him, it's great). Generally speaking the MVP goes to the person who scores the most goals/points and I think he was RIGHT UP there with this russian guy.

seriously not diminishing it, but that's how the IIHF roles. good for him on his tournament but it changes nothing for the Leafs.

Even Laine barely gave a **** accepting it

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Congrats Mo Reills on the gold medal.

Congrats uncle Leo on the silver medal.

Congrats Nikita Zaitzev on the bronze medal.

Congrats Auston on an exciting tournament.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
As impressed as I have been with Matthews this tournament I am equally impressed with Reilly. He has really shown that he is on the path to becoming an elite Defenseman in the league. He has really locked it down defensively in this tournament and has been one of the best defenders in the entire tourney.

I know Marner is looking like hes going to be a stud as well but after watching Hanifin play this last two weeks I wonder what could of been if we had him and Moe back there for the next 10 years. Our back end would be pretty solid for years to come. Not saying we made the wrong choice at all, Marner looks pretty damn good himself.

Not saying I think he will be the better player over Marner, just playing what if lol.

it would have been great, but at the time, we didn't have a lot of forward depth in the draft. nylander, and that was it for blue chip players who could be all stars.

now we have nylander, marner and probably matthews.

one of timashov, johnson, kapanen, bracco, brown should fill out the top six.

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
Congrats Mo Reills on the gold medal.

Congrats uncle Leo on the silver medal.

Congrats Nikita Zaitzev on the bronze medal.

Congrats Auston on an exciting tournament.

And congrats to the entire Canadian team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Congrats to Rielly!

He really had an amazing tournament. Played the most minutes of anyone on the team and was constantly relied on. Absolutely deserves the gold.

Good for Komarov getting silver. Was as utterly shut down as the rest of his team. Canada's defense was masterful.

Great tournament for the Leafs and their future #1 C in Matthews :).

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Think Reilly just told Team Canada that he is ready to play for them in the World Cup instead of the U23 team.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Morgan had 25.53 minutes. Tanev had 21.38 minutes. No one else hit 20. Wow!

I wonder if he gets voted to the all-star team?

He was a vital player in the finals. Especially a one-goal gold medal win (not inc. en)

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Did Matthews actually win 14 or 15 face offs against the Russians or did I read it wrong?

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Tanev is the perfect partner for Rielly too, we really need a stud top pairing/good skating RHD.

Great game by Canada.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Great tournament. Especially for Rielly. Bet he's glad Babcock put him through all he did last season to work on his defensive play and giving him that PK time. Really has helped him become a better player.

Lot of credit to the Leafs both present and future at this tournament.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Congrats to Laine but really he did next to nothing against the good teams.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
17yr old wins Liiga playoffs and WC mvps.

impressive.

Impressive for sure but against the good teams he did nothing at all.

All of his goals against teams like Germany, Belarus, Denmark etc. Not many teams of those quality play in the AHL let alone the NHL.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Let's not bash Laine at all. He's a rare talent and WPG will be so happy to have him (yes I'm a Finn) I wanna thank here aswell my canadian homie's for the game. It was a masterful piece of work from ya and ya stripped our weapons away completely. I've allways loved our healthy rivalry and I respect ya 100% Thank you for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad