2016 World Championships featuring: Leafs Players and Soon to be Drafted Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I haven't been able to watch Team Canada yet, how has Rielly looked? What is his ice time like? Is he playing PP and PK? Curious how they are using him.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
Did they take away matthews assist? The desk guys on tsn kept saying matthews got no points but tsn box score says he got one

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
They took Matthews' assist away?

I guess they did, they announced it after the goal over the rink PA. Not sure the exact rule for poking a puck off a guy stick like that though. Must need to have some sort of possession for it to be an assist.

Oh okay, nice he definitely deserved it on that play.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Did they take away matthews assist? The desk guys on tsn kept saying matthews got no points but tsn box score says he got one
Nowhere I've seen. I think those guys are just...off. They look at the play where he got an assist, but can't seem to figure it out.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
US coach ain't that smart i see, instead of sticking larkin with matthews, he keeps icing the scrubiest scrub out there (schroeder) and tunnel vision hero (vatrano) !!

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Possession stats from individual game aren't very valuable, but still interesting. Strong possession from Matthews on a weak US team. He's going to be a possession beast under Babcock's system and with guys like Marner and JVR on his wings.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Matthews needs to shoot more. Matthews and Marner... lot's of pretty passing, nobody ever shoots. Is there anybody available who can shoot?

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Matthews needs to shoot more. Matthews and Marner... lot's of pretty passing, nobody ever shoots. Is there anybody available who can shoot?
Yeah, I'm sure Marner is a goal per game in the playoffs and having 57 shots in 16 playoff games because he never shoots :laugh:.

A good way to create offense is moving the puck. Sure, you might want guys to shoot more but there is nothing wrong with trying to make good plays.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I guess they did, they announced it after the goal over the rink PA. Not sure the exact rule for poking a puck off a guy stick like that though. Must need to have some sort of possession for it to be an assist.

Oh okay, nice he definitely deserved it on that play.

That must be it because he touched the puck in the scramble goal vs Canada and didn't get an assist on that one either.

In the NHL he'd get assists for both :P

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
And Sweden has tremendous d-core with Karlsson, Hedman, OEL, Klingberg, Lindholm etc.

Plus the Nylander boys, Forsberg,Timashov.
Looking like some stellar hockey for us in the future no matter what nation you cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad