2016 WJC - in Finland

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
This team should be better than the last one, I think. Asplund, Eriksson Ek, Lindblom, Lööke, and Grundström could be great. Also Nylander and Kempe if they are released.

APVJ

Jan 27, 2015
Red Bank, NJ
Holmström-Nylander-Kempe
Asplund-Eriksson Ek-Kovacs
Lindblom-Ehn-A.Karlsson
Ahl-Forsbacka Karlsson-Lööke

Larsson-Forsling
Aho-Englund
Carlsson-Andersson

Söderström
Sandström

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
William Lagesson is likely back on defence also like ducks 2nd rounder Marcus Pettersson

good competition for spots on D this year.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Any chance of Timashov making the team?

Really good chance I'd say. Right now it's extremely hard to predict this team, a big bunch of players will return and then you have to somehow make room for guys like Eriksson Ek, Asplund, Grundström, Kovacs, Timashov, JFK etc.

Timashov's chances increase big time if Nylander is unavailable although I think he makes it anyway with a good season.

Nylander-Holmström-Lindblom
Asplund-Eriksson Ek-Kempe
Timashov-Ehn-Grundström
Kovacs-JFK-A.Karlsson

Aho-Pettersson
Larsson-Forsling
Lagesson-Andersson
Carlsson

Söderström
Sandström

Not really sure which side the wingers & D play but this is my team at the moment. Very hard team to pick with lots of options, especially on D.

Edit: Forgot about Kylington, he's got to be in there somewhere.

Last edited:

MrStench

Dec 12, 2009
Really good chance I'd say. Right now it's extremely hard to predict this team, a big bunch of players will return and then you have to somehow make room for guys like Eriksson Ek, Asplund, Grundström, Kovacs, Timashov, JFK etc.

Timashov's chances increase big time if Nylander is unavailable although I think he makes it anyway with a good season.

Nylander-Holmström-Lindblom
Asplund-Eriksson Ek-Kempe
Timashov-Ehn-Grundström
Kovacs-JFK-A.Karlsson

Aho-Pettersson
Larsson-Forsling
Lagesson-Andersson
Carlsson

Söderström
Sandström

Not really sure which side the wingers & D play but this is my team at the moment. Very hard team to pick with lots of options, especially on D.

Edit: Forgot about Kylington, he's got to be in there somewhere.

Lööke and Englund were both on the team last year, which means they'll both probably be back. It's impossible to predict with any confidence at this point, but I could see the team being something vaguely like:

Lindblom - Holmström - Nylander
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Lööke
Kovacs - Asplund - A. Karlsson
Grundström - Ehn - Törnqvist
Forsbacka Karlsson/Timashov/Stenlund/Ahl/Anyone of about a dozen others

Lagesson - Forsling
Englund - Aho
Carlsson - Lindgren
Kylington

Söderström
Fagerblom
Sandström

I get the feeling the powers that be prefer a player like Lindgren to Rasmus Andersson, and on European ice, it's probably the savvy call.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
What are the chances Stenlund, Vejdemo or Bernhardt make this team? All three were picked as overagers in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th round respectively. Haven't really seen much of them but that's pretty impressive. All of them are really big as well.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Added some high draft picks this year. We might have a quite big (tall at least, team this time):

Oscar Lindblom - William Nylander
- Dmytro Timashov

Adrian Kempe - Axel Holmström - Robin Kovacs

Jens Lööke - Joel Eriksson Ek - Henrik Törnqvist

Rasmus Asplund - Christoffer Ehn - Anton Karlsson

Filip Ahl - Kevin Stenlund - Carl Grundström

Fredrik Olofsson - Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - Lukas Vejdemo (C)

Andreas Englund - Oliver Kylington

William Lagesson
- Gustav Forsling

Sebastian Ahl - Rasmus Andersson

Emil Johansson - Marcus Pettersson

Gabriel Carlsson - Jacob Larsson

Linus Söderström - Felix Sandström

Albin Runesson (D) MODO 25 0 4 4 0.16 4 0
Petter Hansson (D) Linköping 15 0 1 1 0.07 2 0
Adam Ollas Mattsson (D) Djurgården 34 0 2 2 0.06 4 -8

Källgren Erik

Bouramman Gustav

Emil Johansson -

Gabriel Carlsson -

"And the swedes send in Ehn, Ek, Ahl and (Fors)-Ling to defend..."

Last edited:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Hope Lindgren gets a shot at least but is likely too lightweight yet to play defence in a 20 year old tourney.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Stats after the tournament (3wins, 1loss):

Joel Eriksson Ek 2+5
Dmytro Timashov 1+3
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson 1+2
Rasmus Andersson 2+1
Gustav Bouramman 2+1
Rasmus Asplund 2+1
Henrik Törnqvist 2+0
Fredrik Olofsson 1+1
Marcus Pettersson 0+1
Anton Karlsson 1+0
Lukas Vejdemo 0+1
William Lagesson 0+1
Jens Lööke 1+0
Carl Grundström 1+0

comments from coach Grönborg per NHL.com:

When asked for players who impressed, Gronborg mentioned the play of forward Fredrik Olofsson (Chicago Blackhawks), defensemen Sebastian Aho (2016 draft eligible), William Lagesson (Edmonton Oilers) and Andreas Englund (Ottawa Senators), and goaltenders Kallgren and Felix Sandstrom (Philadelphia Flyers).

"I didn't really know much about Olofsson and he hasn't really played that much on different national teams, but he had a strong showing here," Gronborg said. "Our goaltenders had good games. Sebastian Aho had a great camp. I'm still surprised he wasn't drafted [in 2015]. There might be a reason for that, but he's a leader on the team.

"Lagesson and Englund [against Finland] showed why we need them, as they are big strong guys who can take care of the front of the net

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I fear one of Lagesson/Englund will always be on the ice during the tournament. They want to play an offensive style of hockey but that requires D that can move the puck.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I fear one of Lagesson/Englund will always be on the ice during the tournament. They want to play an offensive style of hockey but that requires D that can move the puck.

Fear? That seems harsh. I kinda like both of them, they are a good complement to the smaller puck movers and bring a good mix.

The centers on this team looks really strong(even stronger if you add Nylander), and I like that. Nylander, Holmström, Eriksson-Ek, Asplund, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Ehn. Stenlund and Franzén among others as possibles too. That's a great group.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Fear? That seems harsh. I kinda like both of them, they are a good complement to the smaller puck movers and bring a good mix.

The centers on this team looks really strong(even stronger if you add Nylander), and I like that. Nylander, Holmström, Eriksson-Ek, Asplund, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Ehn. Stenlund and Franzén among others as possibles too. That's a great group.

I just don't think they fit in very well on a team that's trying to play a possesion game. In general I think the best way to defend is to have the puck as much as possible, this is especially true on the big ice. Lagesson & Englund are solid players but I don't want to see them play big minutes just to compensate for their "offensive" D-partner's abilities. Bottom pairing + PK, sure.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad