Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v5) Next: @Bos | Mon, Apr 18| 11am ET/8am PT | Happ vs Buchholz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He pitched last night and asking him to pitch twice within 12-14 hours isn't ideal.

It was yesterday afternoon.

Unless you throw like 30 pitches, you gotta be available 2 days in a row. What makes it worse is yesterday wasn't a save situation, Gibby brought him in because he warmed up and hadn't pitched since Thursday. Ok fine, but to have him not available today because that decision was made yesterday is annoying.

Anyway, pitch trax had that pitch as a clear strike, however this disagrees

I thought it was good, but interesting that 2 pitch trackers have quite a difference. I believe this one takes it straight from gameday.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Why because he's fast? I take Saunders everyday. My only hesitation with him right now is the Jays giving him so many off days.

he steals bases
he's a distraction on first base
he offers a different dynamic to our team
poses a very respectable O.B.P
His defence is better then Saunders - yes I said it
He's generally a healthier player (Revere is normally a pretty durable player)
seems to have more energy

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You're right, Gibbons wanted to lose today, and told Osuna to stay in the dugout with them to celebrate the loss together. Storen messed up.

not sure why you're being so condescending to someone who corrected your incorrect comment.

Obviously he was unavailable, but it wasn't because 12-14 hours when yesterday's game ended 22 hours ago.

I guess Gibby thought he threw too many pitches yesterday to be available today. Unless there's something up with Osuna we don't know about, I disagree with that decision.

Which is fine, every single manager makes decisions I disagree with, and a bunch of the time they're correct and I'm wrong. But I'll still say when I think Gibby does something wrong. Not calling him a horrible manager like some choose to do, just saying I disagreed with his choice in said situation

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
not sure why you're being so condescending to someone who corrected your incorrect comment.

Obviously he was unavailable, but it wasn't because 12-14 hours when yesterday's game ended 22 hours ago.

I guess Gibby thought he threw too many pitches yesterday to be available today. Unless there's something up with Osuna we don't know about, I disagree with that decision.

Which is fine, every single manager makes decisions I disagree with, and a bunch of the time they're correct and I'm wrong. But I'll still say when I think Gibby does something wrong. Not calling him a horrible manager like some choose to do, just saying I disagreed with his choice in said situation

Yeah I agree I just don't get why a relief pitcher can't go two days in a row and isn't even an option out there in the pen. It's just a bit much to me and if we end up blowing that game I have some real questions.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
he steals bases
he's a distraction on first base
he offers a different dynamic to our team
poses a very respectable O.B.P
His defence is better then Saunders - yes I said it
He's generally a healthier player (Revere is normally a pretty durable player)
seems to have more energy

Saunders is a 20 stolen base guy right about. He steals too.
Different dynamic = lame excuse to keep inferior player in lineup
His OBP is average. The exact same as Saunders.
No, it isn't. Saunders only has slightly less range with Revere's bad fly ball routes, and Revere has the worst arm in baseball since Damon retired while Saunders has a very good arm.
I'll concede that.
Seems to have more energy means jack and ****.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

I hate the in-game pitch trax. Its just a generic box and isn't based on how the strike zone is actually called.

Like in real time you could tell that was probably at the very least borderline, no?

JoeParez

Respect This Man
Jun 19, 2007
How about the thought that maybe Gibby just wanted to see Storen in an actual closing/save situation?

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008

It's the same thing as last year, people questioning Gibbons when they don't know half of it. Any forum I go to it cannot be avoided. And I admitted that it was 22 hours ago instead of 12, regardless he wasn't available but let's find a way to blame Gibbons just in case.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Saunders is a 20 stolen base guy right about. He steals too.
Different dynamic = lame excuse to keep inferior player in lineup
His OBP is average. The exact same as Saunders.
No, it isn't. Saunders only has slightly less range with Revere's bad fly ball routes, and Revere has the worst arm in baseball since Damon retired while Saunders has a very good arm.
I'll concede that.
Seems to have more energy means jack and ****.

Not true over the course of their careers. Saunders career OBP is .302. Revere is .328.

Saunders did have career high OBP of .341 his last year with the Mariners, which might indicate he had figured things out.

Not sure of the ballpark factor. Seattle's stadium is a hitter's nightmare.

It's easy to see why the Jays chose Saunders. He can run and play the field, has a similar OBP and offers far more power than Revere.

In other words, Revere is who he is and Saunders is a player with some mystery considering the difference hitting in Seattle vs. hitting in Skydome.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Saunders has stolen 20 bases only once in his career... 4 years ago. He has not come close in the last 3 years while mostly injured. He's not a durable player and he is not fast. He is hardly a factor on the base pads anymore. You can't possibly say he will steal 20 this season. But I’d be happy to bet on that
different dynamic is important. Speed is important…
MUCH better range and his arm is only slightly worse. Saunders arm is not terrific. players are running on him this year.
High energy is important

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It was yesterday afternoon.

Unless you throw like 30 pitches, you gotta be available 2 days in a row. What makes it worse is yesterday wasn't a save situation, Gibby brought him in because he warmed up and hadn't pitched since Thursday. Ok fine, but to have him not available today because that decision was made yesterday is annoying.

I thought it was good, but interesting that 2 pitch trackers have quite a difference. I believe this one takes it straight from gameday.

Weird. Gameday looks fairly definitive. It'll be interesting to see where Brooks Baseball and Baseball Savant have it.

ortizstrike.png

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

So now that we have more info I'll retract my statement. I thought there might be something fishy, Osuna being in the dugout after just throwing 20 pitches yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad