Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v5) Next: @Bos | Mon, Apr 18| 11am ET/8am PT | Happ vs Buchholz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
would they though? I mean you kinda want to keep a backup catcher option. You PH him and then he goes out of the game Martin gets hurt you're in trouble. Does Donaldson catch then?

And it's not like he's such a great hitter you take that chance. I think you might just toss your best pitcher hitter up there and save Thole.

I can't imagine a manager would choose to have a pitcher hit in a tie game in extra innings when he has a regular batter on the bench. Even if that player is Thole.

And yes, if Martin was hurt and Thole was out of the game, Donaldson would catch. In that case they would have two pitchers in the line up, because a pitcher would have to come into the game and play right field or 1B (assuming Bautista or EE go to third).

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Watching the Red Sox feed, kind of funny how they are complaining about the pitches when every one they have complained about is a strike on their own pitch tracker.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think we get a break here - a bit high, but that's a ball game

Another good start, good job Happ

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thank god. Got out of this series with a split - that's good to see.

Edit - I was wrong they play Baltimore next :(

O's haven't lost at home yet either .. This will be a tough interesting series

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Watching the Red Sox feed, kind of funny how they are complaining about the pitches when every one they have complained about is a strike on their own pitch tracker.

Noticed that too..the last strike was clearly in the zone, but they were deflated by the storybook ending being derailed.

Fun game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad