Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v22) Next: @ CLE| Sun, Aug 21| 1pmET/10amPT | Stroman vs Kluber

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I still don't get the whole balk thing. ANd if he indeed balked, why did they reverse the call?

3rd base ump called the balk, home plate ump has called time out at the same time. Home plate ump's call trumps the 3rd base ump's call from my understanding.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I still don't get the whole balk thing. ANd if he indeed balked, why did they reverse the call?

because time was called before the balk was called. Nothing can happen while time is enforced.

He was balking the entire time, it's unfortunate the ump finally called him on it while time was called.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I feel it necessary to point out that by the #s, Rajai Davis was maybe a marginally better 2-strike hitter as a Blue Jay than he is this year. At worst it's a wash. So Pat's point about the difference between Indians Rajai and Jays Rajai is somewhere between completely wrong and entirely irrelevant.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
3rd base ump called the balk, home plate ump has called time out at the same time. Home plate ump's call trumps the 3rd base ump's call from my understanding.

Yep. Time was called before the balk. Therefore play was dead and the balk call is void since you can't balk when you're not legally allowed to deliver a pitch.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

In this instance yes. Time being called trumps everything.

Just not sure if you're saying that home plate ump always trumps the 3rd base ump(which isn't the case) or just if it did here.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
heck if I know :laugh:

oh see he knows ;)
thanks for that. but hes Rocking NOW and Tulo is on.

Well I knew he couldn't call a balk with nobody on because a balk advances every baserunner a base, if there's no baserunner that can't happen.

But for some reason there's a automatic ball thing stuck in my head, if they balk with nobody on it could be an automatic ball or something. I'm not sure, I'm probably wrong on that one but I feel like I've heard it somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad