Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v22) Next: @ CLE| Sun, Aug 21| 1pmET/10amPT | Stroman vs Kluber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not to defend Gibbons, but the bullpen had been spent from the two previous nights. So the big three were not available. So he had no other choice but to close it out the way he tried to do it.

Hard to defend Gibbons. Stroman was at 100 pitches. His arm was not falling off.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Another blown chance with boston losing.

Could be the difference when this teams is forced to play a wild card game

I wasn't aware they were locked into a wild card spot already. And here I was thinking that they were still leading the division. Silly me I should've known that it was as simple as just assuming they'd end up in the wild card. Typical Blue Jays giving up before it's even settled, I guess.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hard to defend Gibbons. Stroman was at 100 pitches. His arm was not falling off.

Stroman had looked a little bit shakier in the last inning or so, plus with him performing better it makes sense to get him out of the game on a positive note when the pen has mostly been very good lately.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Stroman had looked a little bit shakier in the last inning or so, plus with him performing better it makes sense to get him out of the game on a positive note when the pen has mostly been very good lately.

I don't get that at all. It wasn't necessary. And Cecil has been poor all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->