Speculation: 2016 UFA's and Who should we target?

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
...not to be crude but we need to get more ********** on this team...Simple as that. Hartnell types who can produce and also have an edge to their games. This team is just way too easy tom playa against sans the 4th line. All the do is lean on people...they don't make it hard enough on the opposition to play 60 minutes.

Hartnells contract is not great and a risk, but one can certainly assume he would have given 100x better effort and gotten more results than the folks on the 2nd and 3rd lines. It was worth the risk AND the buyout, if needed in another season.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Hartnells contract is not great and a risk, but one can certainly assume he would have given 100x better effort and gotten more results than the folks on the 2nd and 3rd lines. It was worth the risk AND the buyout, if needed in another season.

I should have been more clear in that I'm not campaigning to actually bring Hartnell here due in large part to what you described. I was speaking more in terms of the type of all around player he is. Can score goals, throw his body around, get under the skin of the opposition and is just a pain in the ass to play against...we need a couple of guys who play the game with a bit of a chip on their shoulder as opposed to the Nelson's of the world who play like it's a Sunday afternoon beer league.

We need a MAJOR spike in our overall team intensity if we are ever to beat teams late in the playoffs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad