Speculation: 2016 UFA's and Who should we target?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kulemin would be one expensive fourth liner.

Depth defenseman screams like Tom Gilbert.

Backes.

Staple is not buying the possibility of Stamkos.

Eriksson isn't a top liner. Not like anyone around this organization would know what one of those are anyway.

No 'return' on the Halak investment?

Still uncertaintly regarding Grabo.

Eberle + for Hamonic is the new flavor of the week.

Staple contradicting himself.

Regarding Hamonic for 4th overall.

Strome and Nelson

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
If Martin and Frans are gone next year and Snow and Capuano are still here I might seriously consider disowning this team until management gets canned. The only thing that keeps me engaged with the team are that I still like some of these players.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How's he contradicting himself?

He said that the Isles would need a top line winger or defenseman in return for Hamonic and then says he's not sure Eberle is the answer at 1RW, but also says he could see Eberle +

Just a lot of jumping around for him

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Nothing against Staple but he doesn't seem to have the greatest read of what the team will or won't do. His answers seem more based on opinion then having inside sources.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
He said that the Isles would need a top line winger or defenseman in return for Hamonic and then says he's not sure Eberle is the answer at 1RW, but also says he could see Eberle +

But, that's his opinion on Eberle. He didn't say it was the team's.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

i think he's trying to say that eberle is not a number one right wing.

thanks for putting all those tweets together for us!

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
2 years ago, Isles finally made moves to get a legit goalie and actual forwards to play 2nd/3rd line. If got them to this stage, no all questions directed to Staple are about trading pretty much everyone...unbelievable.

Isles need to tweak the team, no doubt, but let's not get lost on the lotto team 3 years ago. Time to adjust the team, but the Isles overpaid guys bc they as a
Team needed to, now they are looking quite overpaid. However, Kulemin on the 4th would be expensive, but hard to move that contract and he does contribute - just not at his salary.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

It's his opinion - who cares? EDM would be dumping salary in trade for TH - EDM would need to add more bc of (a) salary and (b) EDM is getting the better player.

Could Eberle work on Isles? Sure, however, Isles taking on that risk AND contract.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
What kind of deal can we expect Troy Brouwer to get? If we lose KO, I wouldn't mind signing him for a #2RW.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
odds are that we won't get a player like lucic, what about chris Stewart ... guy plays nasty and can score ...

I think someone like Stewart is a must add if we lose Martin, and even if we keep Martin I'd want him. It would allow us to have some grit through more than just the 4th line.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Isles need to tweak the team, no doubt, but let's not get lost on the lotto team 3 years ago. Time to adjust the team, but the Isles overpaid guys bc they as a
Team needed to, now they are looking quite overpaid. However, Kulemin on the 4th would be expensive, but hard to move that contract and he does contribute - just not at his salary.

Yes Kulemin would be an expensive 4th liner. But if we want to be a good team, the 4th line is where he belongs.

Same goes for Boychuk.

Ya they both make a **** ton of money, but it's time to face facts - they just aren't good enough to play as a top 9 fwd or top 4 dman.

The nhl is a young, fast, skilled league and those guys can't keep up anymore. All they do is chase. Guys who chase are useless in todays game. Totally useless.

Best case scenario would be for both to be either traded or bought out in the summer. Personally I wanna see them both gone.

This team has no future with them playing in their current roles.

Last edited:

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
...not to be crude but we need to get more ********** on this team...Simple as that. Hartnell types who can produce and also have an edge to their games. This team is just way too easy tom playa against sans the 4th line. All the do is lean on people...they don't make it hard enough on the opposition to play 60 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad