2016 Training camp (and season prep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
The Sharks seem to randomly allow players to choose their numbers. Pavs had to "earn" 8, Meier was handed 28 and I remember Jamie McGinn commenting after he was traded that he was able to get rid of his "training camp number".

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The Sharks seem to randomly allow players to choose their numbers. Pavs had to "earn" 8, Meier was handed 28 and I remember Jamie McGinn commenting after he was traded that he was able to get rid of his "training camp number".

I do like it when players just adopt the training camp number though like Hertl with the 48, Braun with 61, and Wingels with 57. Player numbers are surprisingly cookie cutter for the most part. So many 19s and 4s and 30s out there.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Really? He played ONE GAME wearing a different # before changing to #8.

Rookies are given numbers in 60-80 range (invitees 90s).

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
So in attendance at Captain's skates right now:

Dillon, Schlemko, Marleau, Sorensen, Goodrow, Meier, Dell, Jones, Armalis, Haley, Carpenter, Mueller, Ward, Kelly, Ryan, Hertl, Tierney, Jevpalovs, Schoenborn, Wingels, Chartier, Braun, Bergman, Karlsson, Heed, Demelo, Goldobin.

Apparently Paul Martin is too cool to come.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

He's probably out surfing right now.
i

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

Dillon, Schlemko, Marleau, Sorensen, Goodrow, Meier, Dell, Jones, Armalis, Haley, Carpenter, Mueller, Ward, Kelly, Ryan, Hertl, Tierney, Jevpalovs, Schoenborn, Wingels, Chartier, Braun, Bergman, Karlsson, Heed, Demelo, Goldobin.

And Nieto.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I feel like this is a great opportunity for Meier, Mueller, Goldobin, and Sorenson to really show their stuff. With so many players out, Mueller has to be one of the top 4 D ou there. All 3 of those wingers have to be pretty high and getting lots of minutes. It could be a great chance for Hertl too. He can really get some practice in at C.

Also just a thought, where's Jeremy Roy?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I feel like this is a great opportunity for Meier, Mueller, Goldobin, and Sorenson to really show their stuff. With so many players out, Mueller has to be one of the top 4 D ou there. All 3 of those wingers have to be pretty high and getting lots of minutes. It could be a great chance for Hertl too. He can really get some practice in at C.

Also just a thought, where's Jeremy Roy?

He can still be sent back to Juniors, so he's in the QMJHL with the Armada playing preseason games right now. He'll be in San Jose starting Thursday for the rookie camp, and I imagine he'll stick around in the main camp briefly.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
He can still be sent back to Juniors, so he's in the QMJHL with the Armada playing preseason games right now. He'll be in San Jose starting Thursday for the rookie camp, and I imagine he'll stick around in the main camp briefly.

How long did Meier and Roy stick around last year?
Edit: I found it.....Roy was sent back on day six of main camp; Meier on day 11

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

And Acolatse (and Setoguchi - who's heading to LA soon). Winnik seems to have headed out to Washington as he wasn't there Monday. And Igor (former Jr Shark heading to St Louis for their rookie camp on Wednesday).

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
The rookie tournament roster has been released.

Article from Pashelka:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2016/09/13/sharks-announce-schedule-rookie-camp/#.V9hL30hEyaA.twitter

Here's rookie roster that will participate in the tourney in Colorado:

http://files.constantcontact.com/1b43dac7201/04590730-d67c-413f-81c6-18e48a7c8a0e.pdf

Here's the roster of remaining players who I guess will not:

http://files.constantcontact.com/1b43dac7201/4c79d7c0-a450-4bd0-b1e1-285f876e163d.pdf

For the most part, it looks like all the "rookies" were in the CHL last year, with a handful of college and european spoilers. Biggest pieces to watch will probably be Sorenson, O'Reagan, Meier, Leblanc and Armalias. Couple over-agers and a few more recent picks might stand out - but those 5 probably have the best shot at any NHL time this year. Other than that, the U50 roster is pretty empty. It's basically a line of Jevpalovs - Carpenter - Goldobin with the Barracuda's D-Corp. Gonna be interesting to see how Heed looks compared to DeMelo and Ryan. Would like to see Ryan get a few games this year as injuries inevitably steal a game or two from the more established guys. Hopefully DeMelo can earn a full-time spot, but with our depth at defense, I am not sure that is gonna happen anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad