2016 Training camp (and season prep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Only found out Heed's # as he was wearing it yesterday. (Still waiting to hear what # Blackwell will be wearing.)

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Armalis wore #66 last year, and since you don't wear that number in the NHL (and the early 30's are the usual numbers for goalies), it makes sense for him to divide it in half.

LS, do you know if these are their (the new players') official numbers within the organization? Thanks :)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Armalis wore #66 last year, and since you don't wear that number in the NHL (and the early 30's are the usual numbers for goalies), it makes sense for him to divide it in half.

LS, do you know if these are their (the new players') official numbers within the organization? Thanks :)

All I know are on my website. http://tealpuck.com/playerlink.html

The only guys I don't know: Blackwell, Willows

Pulled from the rookie tourney roster, etc.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I Seto still at the captain's skate? Apparently he will be doing PTO with LA Kings.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Devin Setoguchi in Los Angeles? Does he really think that that team/city is a fit for him when making a comeback?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I Seto still at the captain's skate? Apparently he will be doing PTO with LA Kings.

Was there today

Have there ever been this many rookies at Captain's skates before?

Seem to be more than in past years (if I had the time, I could go rummaging for my notes from previous years). Could be due in part to rookie camp "starting" the week after Labor Day than the week of (more time for guys to get to California). And <50 and NHL camps starting a week later as well.

I do think that Karlsson and Donskoi making the roster (somewhat unexpectedly) has shown that a good camp (and prep/cap skate) can go a long way to proving dedication, and making a reputation for yourself among the players (and brass) of the organization.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Was there today

Seem to be more than in past years (if I had the time, I could go rummaging for my notes from previous years). Could be due in part to rookie camp "starting" the week after Labor Day than the week of (more time for guys to get to California). And <50 and NHL camps starting a week later as well.

I do think that Karlsson and Donskoi making the roster (somewhat unexpectedly) has shown that a good camp (and prep/cap skate) can go a long way to proving dedication, and making a reputation for yourself among the players (and brass) of the organization.
Where do they stay if they are rookies?.......showing up Capt. practice before camp starts for guys who don't live could get expensive right?
Just wondering how that works......

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Where do they stay if they are rookies?.......showing up Capt. practice before camp starts for guys who don't live could get expensive right?

Most of the guys she's mentioned have already signed an NHL contract with the Sharks so far. I'd imagine they have some kind of paycheck or signing bonus already.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Most of the guys she's mentioned have already signed an NHL contract with the Sharks so far. I'd imagine they have some kind of paycheck or signing bonus already.

Most of these guys might be covered by AHL housing (IOW, team covered apartment living).

The former Sharks (and one former Jr Shark) participating live off season (or have family) locally.

Perhaps an investment of $1k or so.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

That makes sense. I think it's good for the younger players to spend as much time working with established players as possible. Especially the guys we all hope make an impact on the big club sooner rather than later.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
When does camp officially start? (Even though almost the entire leadership is gone...)

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
We aren't on the list of teams rumored to be interested in Russel, right? :crosses fingers:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I wonder if Goodrow got asked/forced to change numbers or if he let Boedker have 89 (to go back to wearing his junior number 23)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad