new PP line
Mozyakin/Lyubimov-Datsyuk-Kuznetsov
Ovechkin-Orlov/Belov

Bobrovsky in net

With good old Bykov that line would be Semin-Radulov-Kovalchuk :yo:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
With good old Bykov that line would be Semin-Radulov-Kovalchuk :yo:

You mean like back spasms Semin, torn groin Radulov and major regress Kovalchuk? I don't think even Bykov would be that stupid.

I hate Znarok's choices, but let's be realistic here.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Telegin has really been flying the past 2 games. Starting to assert himself, and that is welcome news for Russia. He has a lot of talent.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Orlov coming in made the team look somewhat rusty today, I think they didn't have enough time to adapt to each other. I hope they pick up their game for the match against Sweden, because the lines need to operating much more smoothly. But a good win nonetheless today.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Telegin has really been flying the past 2 games. Starting to assert himself, and that is welcome news for Russia. He has a lot of talent.

Agreed he looks good. He could probably play on the bottom 6 for an NHL team. Really good speed and strength on the puck.

Another good day for Russia, you guys are playing good hockey right now. Definitely the favourites, the Moscow crowds were great again.

Can't wait until Canada plays in front of the Moscow crowd, the atmosphere there is amazing.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
You mean like back spasms Semin, torn groin Radulov and major regress Kovalchuk? I don't think even Bykov would be that stupid.
Oh, Bykov would absolutely take Kovalchuk to show how much he supports him after a tough season.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Oh, Bykov would absolutely take Kovalchuk to show how much he supports him after a tough season.

Kovalchuk hasn't been that consistent for Team Russia, but he does have a very good slapshot and can help the team in difficult situations.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If I understand correctly, if all other games will end as expected with no more surprises (which isn't for sure, of course), win over Sweden will mean that we will face Germany in QF and, if we get through, Canada in semifinals; loss to Sweden will mean that we will face Finland in QF and, if we get through, Czechs/USA in semifinals.

Edit: totally forgot that also Canada and Finland are playing on Tuesday, so it makes no sense to make such forecasts.

Last edited:

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
They just need to take one point off them

Switzerland just scored 1-0, on their first shot after a breakaway. I think the shots are 10-1 for the czechs. Maybe they could manage to win, but if it is a draw in the end, you can expect them to take their goalie even if its a tie since they must have 3 points. If this goes to overtime, dont expect them to try and get the 2 points.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Ovechkin, what a great player! He makes so much out of his ice time and it´s impossible to predict every move he will make!
Ok, enough with the sarcasm. Ovechkin continues to play "well" against sh'tty teams and totally useless against better ones.

Here is my old thread where I 2 years ago put some time to calculate his statistics vs teams:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1608095&highlight=

I would rather have Kovalchuk who perhaps doesnt shine every game, but he always manages to score in the more important games, unlike Ovechkin. I would even prefer Radulov.

By the way, Datsyuk is finished, not sure what he is going to do in World Cup? Just report him as injured so that we can sub him for Dadonov or something.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I don't like Znarok at all. Too many talentless pluggers, too many skilled young players left off the roster.

The biggest problem of course is not currently fixable. Poor blueline that cannot move the puck effectively. Hopefully in five years this changes.

Ovechkin will Ovechkin. He is not a big ice player. He is neither bad nor great on it.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Ovechkin, what a great player! He makes so much out of his ice time and it´s impossible to predict every move he will make!
Ok, enough with the sarcasm. Ovechkin continues to play "well" against sh'tty teams and totally useless against better ones.

Here is my old thread where I 2 years ago put some time to calculate his statistics vs teams:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1608095&highlight=

I would rather have Kovalchuk who perhaps doesnt shine every game, but he always manages to score in the more important games, unlike Ovechkin. I would even prefer Radulov.

By the way, Datsyuk is finished, not sure what he is going to do in World Cup? Just report him as injured so that we can sub him for Dadonov or something.

When it comes to Ovi it's kind of like he lost his recklessness.

He looks like a moving turret too often out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad