Speculation: 2016 NHL Draft

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Maybe but the Ducks still have a Russian scout in Konstantin Krylov. No chance Rubstov falls to 24 imho. If he does take him and run.

http://thehockeywriters.com/german-rubtsov-the-next-ones-nhl-2016-draft-prospect-profile/

I agree he isn't likely to fall that far, especially with reports that he's willing to come over to NA this year. If a talent like that falls to us, should snap him up regardless of nationality. Top 15 guy easily in my books, but you never know with these things.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Some interesting tidbits from a (finnish language) interview of Juolevi. Apparently everyone out of the top three prospects have 15-28 teams interviewing them, which is higher than normal and several teams have told the players that they are expecting to see more trades during the draft than usual.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Clayton Keller looks like the real deal. Wouldn't mind him if we trade for the 8th or 9th pick.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I want Keller sooo bad, but if we trade for the 8th or 9th and somehow get Nylander we can draft Asplund with our late picks, they had chemistry in WJC. Still prefer Keller.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I want Keller sooo bad, but if we trade for the 8th or 9th and somehow get Nylander we can draft Asplund with our late picks, they had chemistry in WJC. Still prefer Keller.

I'd be happier than a kid in a candy store if we land Keller. I think he's going to be a star in this league.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
If we get the 8th or 9th overall we can land one of, Keller, Jost, Rubstov, Brown and McLeod. I wouldn't mind Sergachev and Chychrun either. All of them have a lot to like.

My particular wishlist out of them:
1. Keller
2. Rubstov
3. Brown
4. Sergachev
5. Jost
6. Chychrun

Overall I could see us do a trade with Montreal while they may do one with Edmonton. But I can't see us getting Galchenyuck. So maybe, and thats a huge maybe

Fowler for 9th + Fucale or Lindgren + something I have no Idea of.

mytduxfan*

William Karlsson and Cam Atkinson, I am down

William Karlsson is a 4th line C. If that's what you're hoping for out of a 1st round pick, you've got limited ambition.

Clayton Keller looks like the real deal. Wouldn't mind him if we trade for the 8th or 9th pick.

His lack of size is a concern for me. I reckon he'll end up on the wing as a result, not that that is a bad thing.

If we get the 8th or 9th overall we can land one of, Keller, Jost, Rubstov, Brown and McLeod. I wouldn't mind Sergachev and Chychrun either. All of them have a lot to like.

My particular wishlist out of them:
1. Keller
2. Rubstov
3. Brown
4. Sergachev
5. Jost
6. Chychrun

Overall I could see us do a trade with Montreal while they may do one with Edmonton. But I can't see us getting Galchenyuck. So maybe, and thats a huge maybe

Fowler for 9th + Fucale or Lindgren + something I have no Idea of.

Personally, I'd want to move up and get either get Dubios or Tkachuk. As far as your list:

1. Keller - I'd be happy with him and he's probably the best guy if we stayed at 8-9th OA.
2. Rubstov - He'll got mid-to-late round. No need to consider him here.
3. Brown - IMO, he's just a big kid in a little league. Not enough skill for my liking. Pass.
4. Sergachev - He's a great skater, but not very physical. We don't need another D prospect, so pass.
5. Jost - The definition of "jack of all trades, master of none".
6. Chychrun - see comments on Sergachev.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not sure if those Asplund characterizations are very apt. One report said that he's one of the more creative guys in the draft. People often mistake lower end roles in mens' leagues with according lower production to mean limited upside.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
If we get the 9th pick, there's probably a good chance Subban is an Oiler, and moving up for Dubois is rather impossible.

EDIT: After reading a few more things, maybe they are looking at Fowler regardless of Subban, after all, so scratch that. Although moving up that far seems really unlikely.

mytduxfan*

If we get the 9th pick, there's probably a good chance Subban is an Oiler, and moving up for Dubois is rather impossible.

EDIT: After reading a few more things, maybe they are looking at Fowler regardless of Subban, after all, so scratch that. Although moving up that far seems really unlikely.

That's my view. I listened to MB on TSN and he made it clear that Subban isn't being shopped and that conversation around Subban are "very short". Let's face it, MTL's season was lost on the fact their D couldn't handle Price going down. Adding Fowler would help that. Not to mention that Markov is 37 years old now and someone gotta replace him eventually. However, Fowler is only available now.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

I think they're looking at Cam as Subban's long term partner.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Will Keller be available at 8 or 9? He can be the best forward out of this draft after the big 3. I think Rubstov as well btw. All the tools are there.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Will Keller be available at 8 or 9? He can be the best forward out of this draft after the big 3. I think Rubstov as well btw. All the tools are there.

Honestly, there's probably a good chance of it. I'd be stoked to get Keller. Dude is one hell of a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad