2016 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

lids19

Jan 29, 2008
Nhl draft in buffalo

Just wondering how to get nhl draft tickets? Are they available to the public or just Sabres ticket holders?

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Just wondering how to get nhl draft tickets? Are they available to the public or just Sabres ticket holders?

I'm not sure how widely available they'll be since I've never tried to get tickets to a draft. I will say that tons of people get dibs on them before the general public. NHL/media personnel, players, family/friends, and season ticket holders get first dibs. I would also think (hopefully, since I am one) that mini-pack holders get lumped in with season ticket holders for getting first dibs. I also remember reading somewhere that there isn't a restriction on how many tickets a season ticket holder could reserve, at least not more than usual.

The draft will very likely sell out quickly considering Buffalo and Toronto fans will want to see the draft. I would pay close attention to announcements related to tickets around the end of the NHL season. I think they'll announce more once the draft lottery is concluded.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I'll have a go. It's tough because the explanations were just a sentence or two, but here we go!

1) M - Defender with elite skating, smarts, skill, defensive abilities. (franchise d)
2) D - Big smart offensive centre (average defense).
3) B - Small offensive centre, leader in points (struggled between D and B).
4) H - Elite shooting offensive winger. (lacks defense)
5) C - Big, smart offensive winger who plays both ends well.
6) N - Small, two way defender (above average all around).
7) E - Fast, big, two-way winger. (poor stick-handling)
8) J - Productive, fast skating big winger (no two-way game).
9) G - unknown european winger with tools.
10) O - unknown european defender with size and skating.
11) L - Great skating winger with average skill set.
12) F - Athletic winger, not much skill
13) P - Toolsy defender without much info.
14) A - Big defensive centre.
15) R - Smart defender, lacks skating, good shot and IQ.
16) K - Defensive centre.
17) I - Average forward with good shot.
18) Q - Depth defender.

Thank you!

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Out of frustration over this thread becoming a discussion of citizenship issues, there is information on line that goes beyond: "He is so. He is not." Maybe go to a legal dictionary or wikipedia. I personally would prefer to go here to learn about prospects rather than arguing the fine points of citizenship law.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
is there a top 3? Rank the top 10 in tiers

How do you rank the top 10 this year? How do you feel the talent tiers sort out? I've heard a lot of talk of a big 3 and I supported it for a long time but I'm starting to feel Laine/Matthews have pulled away from pulju and Dubois has moved up.

I currently have it:

Matthews
Laine

Pulju
Dubois

Julovei
Sergaechev
Tkachuk

Nylander
Chychrun
McLeod

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
How do you rank the top 10 this year? How do you feel the talent tiers sort out? I've heard a lot of talk of a big 3 and I supported it for a long time but I'm starting to feel Laine/Matthews have pulled away from pulju and Dubois has moved up.

I currently have it:

Matthews
Laine

Pulju
Dubois

Julovei
Sergaechev
Tkachuk

Nylander
Chychrun
McLeod

Chychrun is too low. Sergachev is too high. I cant see him going top 6 in this draft.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Matthews

Laine

Puljujarvi

Chychrun
Dubois

Keller
Nylander
Tkachuk

Juolevi
Sergachev

HM: Jost, McLeod, and Bellows

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I currently have it:

Matthews
Laine

Pulju
Dubois

Julovei
Sergaechev
Tkachuk

Nylander
Chychrun
McLeod

Bob certainly feels there's a big 3, and has been for a long time.

I just don't get how Laine has separated himself from Pulju when Pulju has been playing better hockey lately, they go back and forth and it's just what type you prefer.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
For me its:

Matthews
Laine
Pulju

Dubois
Sergachev
Chychrun
Tkachuk

Nylander
Juolevi

Only did 9 because 10 is a bit of a toss up. The D are also hard to project. Chychrun is probably the safest, but might have the lowest ceiling. Sergachev imo has the highest ceiling, but I also think Juolevi could be a Klingberg, but could also bust. Not as high on Tkachuk as some, but I do think he's in a tier above Nylander, and Dubois has been rising. I think the tiers could be arranged anyway you want to, but the true tier is the top 3 from the rest which I don't think will change and will go in that order.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I just don't get how Laine has separated himself from Pulju when Pulju has been playing better hockey lately, they go back and forth and it's just what type you prefer.
My reasoning is that Laine is much easier to project and you know what he is, he's an elite shot who is amazing at getting into scoring positions, he just feels like a guy who will be a consistent 35+ goal scorer. Puljujarvi has a more complete game, has more tools and is an elite skater, but I see a lot more that could go wrong, even if he has a slightly higher ceiling. I'd be ecstatic with either but prefer Laine.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton

I am unaware of any flip flopping since the wjc and have seen nearly everyone rank Laine higher. Besides that, when you watch him you see things in laines game that are just better than pulju that few players can do. I don't think pulju will be any worse or better than I did 3 months ago but now I feel Laine has played himself above pulju's talent and Dubois has played himself into pulju's talent level.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My reasoning is that Laine is much easier to project and you know what he is, he's an elite shot who is amazing at getting into scoring positions, he just feels like a guy who will be a consistent 35+ goal scorer. Puljujarvi has a more complete game, has more tools and is an elite skater, but I see a lot more that could go wrong, even if he has a slightly higher ceiling. I'd be ecstatic with either but prefer Laine.

I can definitely understand if someone picks Laine over Pulju, no problems with that, but I don't get the different tier talk.

I am unaware of any flip flopping since the wjc and have seen nearly everyone rank Laine higher. Besides that, when you watch him you see things in laines game that are just better than pulju that few players can do. I don't think pulju will be any worse or better than I did 3 months ago but now I feel Laine has played himself above pulju's talent and Dubois has played himself into pulju's talent level.

And Pulju can do things Laine can't and is a very rare prospect, skating and overall game goes to Pulju. Pulju has been the better of the 2 since WJC when you look at everything they do on ice, and yet Pulju gets comments like he's only living on WJC hype and has been unimpressive while Laine has been beasting, he has but so has Pulju and nothing suggests they are on differnt tiers or someone would have closed on Pulju but not on Laine.

None of the rankings ever have any tiers between them.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
I can definitely understand if someone picks Laine over Pulju, no problems with that, but I don't get the different tier talk.

And Pulju can do things Laine can't and is a very rare prospect, skating and overall game goes to Pulju. Pulju has been the better of the 2 since WJC when you look at everything they do on ice, and yet Pulju gets comments like he's only living on WJC hype and has been unimpressive while Laine has been beasting, he has but so has Pulju and nothing suggests they are on differnt tiers or someone would have closed on Pulju but not on Laine.

None of the rankings ever have any tiers between them.

Obviously no rankings have tiers, I meant I have yet to see a ranking since then that has Laine going after pulju. And like I said, pulju is doing well and is playing better in the fel post wjc than before, but so is Laine and Laine is doing it to a greater extent imo. Not just stats but for added elements to his game and how well he is executing what he already has. And what pulju is better than Laine at is not as rare as what Laine is better at and I feel the ability to close the gap between what the other one is better at also is in favour of Laine.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Obviously no rankings have tiers, I meant I have yet to see a ranking since then that has Laine going after pulju. And like I said, pulju is doing well and is playing better in the fel post wjc than before, but so is Laine and Laine is doing it to a greater extent imo. Not just stats but for added elements to his game and how well he is executing what he already has. And what pulju is better than Laine at is not as rare as what Laine is better at and I feel the ability to close the gap between what the other one is better at also is in favour of Laine.

I'd say it's pretty rare to have a 6'4 prospect with elite skating, all around game and conditioning Pulju has.

Pulju has during the season developed more than Laine, Laine had in the offseason/at the start of the season, and Pulju has started to show his deadly shot and started to score goal scorers goals which was the biggest question mark around his game.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
My top 10 in tiers:

1) Matthews

2) Laine

3) Chychrun
4) Puljujarvi

5) Dubois
6) Tkachuk
7) Nylander

8) Keller

9) Jost
10) Fabbro

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So many rankings with Pulju out of the top 3. I don't see any way that it actually happens. He had a rough patch where the points weren't coming earlier in the year, but has been great of late and looked like a beast in the WJC's. One of the best performances along with Laine of 17 year olds in that tournament in a long time. If Laine didn't have one of the most lethal wristers and one-timers from a 17 year old in quite some time then Pulju would likely be ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad