2016 NHL Draft - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
BUFFALO – Matt Filipe interviewed with Bruins general manager Don Sweeney on Thursday as part of the NHL Combine. He is roommates with Boston University’s Charlie McAvoy, one of the first defensemen expected to be picked later this month.

Filipe is right in the middle of the buildup toward the 2016 NHL Draft. The Lynnfield native is not taking the process for granted.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...nhl-combine/jBTA0l2PjUzxPyAhs010GI/story.html

He was on my baseball team in middle school. Crazy.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Right now I don't see a potential top pairing defenseman in the Boston Bruins organization or system. That includes the current line-up. Does anyone see a current or future top pairing defensman anywhere in the system or prospects?

Nope and that's why I think we should trade for one. I'd see if Anaheim would take the SJ pick + Marchand or Vatrano (my preference is Marchand) for Lindholm. Move Chara to 2nd pairing.

Very little difference at all between Chychrun and Fabbro right now. Both have top pairing defenseman potential with Sergachev really getting some attention with his potential.

Honestly, the cost to move up is not worth it.

Get one of the top four and enjoy watching them develop. Jake Bean was the only one I haven't seen enough to comment on and would be hesitant to use the #14 on. I'd be more inclined to grab Johansen with the #29-30 pick and go with Jost at 14 if they were stupid enough not to grab one of these four.

The difference is left shot vs right shot. We're good on the right and weak on the left. Also, we don't have the time for them to develop. Bergeron and Krejci are reaching the end.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
we're good on the right and weak on the left.

Dude no we are not. I've tried responding to you before regarding this and you ignore it every single time. This team is far better off on the left side of the D than the right. You're absolutely out of your freaking mind if you think our RHDs are stronger than our collective LHDs. In freaking sane.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
Dude no we are not. I've tried responding to you before regarding this and you ignore it every single time. This team is far better off on the left side of the D than the right. You're absolutely out of your freaking mind if you think our RHDs are stronger than our collective LHDs. In freaking sane.

Yeah I'm with you, just to expand...

Left:
Chara, Krug, Seidenberg, Zboril, Lauzon, Grzelcyk, O'Gara, Morrow, Sherman, Arnesson

Right:
McQuaid, C Miller, K Miller, Carlo, Benning, Trotman

This team desperately needs RHD.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't think there's any question the left side is better than the right. Both in the NHL and throughout the organization. Really not close IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad