2016 NHL Draft - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good idea. The name of 1st thread was starting to become depressing.

Sharks playing and producing much better than I anticipated, honestly, so too are our Bruins, still more than happy having 2 first picks and would wager a 3rd pick when Loui is moved

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sharks playing and producing much better than I anticipated, honestly, so too are our Bruins, still more than happy having 2 first picks and would wager a 3rd pick when Loui is moved

My gut says we'll only end up actually picking 1 player on draft day in the first round :)

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Pierre Luc Dubois is a beast.5 more pts tonite vs Val Dor who are ranked in top 10 in CHL. 87 pts in 57 games as a 17 yr old.REAL DEAL

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/p...te-fabbro-is-basically-an-nhl-player-already/

Didn't see this posted anywhere. I'm still aboard the draft Fabbro train. 66 points in 45 games (yes, I know, BCHL, got it). I wouldn't be sad seeing a McAvoy/Bellows/or Tufte in a Bruins jersey on June 24th, but I am (and I know Coach Parker is as well) cheering for Fabbro.

Yeah big Fabbro fan and given the talk today and the hole still here I am even more certain that Fabbro in the 1st and Johansen in the 2nd needs to happen. The other 1st is a BPA situation.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Julien Gauthier, plays for Val-D`OR might be available at around the spot the B`s have picks if he`s projected in to go in the first round? If not, he should be, real nice looking kid

Big right winger, soft hands

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Has anyone seen Libor Hajek play?

He's a 6-2, 195 left-shot defenseman who it looks like can really skate. Read in places that he's physical and can play on both special teams. Seems to be putting up a decent number of assists, as well.

Most rankings I've seen have him going late in the 1st round.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Has anyone seen Libor Hajek play?

He's a 6-2, 195 left-shot defenseman who it looks like can really skate. Read in places that he's physical and can play on both special teams. Seems to be putting up a decent number of assists, as well.

Most rankings I've seen have him going late in the 1st round.
Yes, I see him all the time. Poor bugger plays with the my Blades. :help:

6'2 is a little generous but I could see him ending up that big. The thing that stands out with Hajek is his skating. He's an absolute beautiful skater for a kid his size. So smooth. The thing that sells you on him though, is his composure. He really slows the game down and thinks the game years beyond his years. He isn't as dynamic as Provorov, for example, but his combination of skating and composure make him a reliable, all-situations work horse. He came in pretty hypes and he has lived up to it for the most part. He's physical ... enough. I think he could give more in that department though, given his size. Too bad for him he is on such a **** team, as I think this kids stock could soar on a contender.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Yes, I see him all the time. Poor bugger plays with the my Blades. :help:

6'2 is a little generous but I could see him ending up that big. The thing that stands out with Hajek is his skating. He's an absolute beautiful skater for a kid his size. So smooth. The thing that sells you on him though, is his composure. He really slows the game down and thinks the game years beyond his years. He isn't as dynamic as Provorov, for example, but his combination of skating and composure make him a reliable, all-situations work horse. He came in pretty hypes and he has lived up to it for the most part. He's physical ... enough. I think he could give more in that department though, given his size. Too bad for him he is on such a **** team, as I think this kids stock could soar on a contender.
Thanks, Fonz.

So, would you say that you'd be pretty happy with Hajek with either of the Bruins' two first round picks?

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Thanks, Fonz.

So, would you say that you'd be pretty happy with Hajek with either of the Bruins' two first round picks?

Well, I like Hajek as a player, but he doesn't compare to recent top 20 D out of the WHL. Pulock, Reilly, Dumba, Honka, Provorov, Pouliott, Bowey; he's not in that world. If we pick in the 25-30 range I would be happy with Hajek as a pick, but I wouldn't want to go off the board to get him.

If we are picking in the top 25 I would prefer Jake Bean, Dante Fabbro or Charlie McAvoy. If we are picking in the top 10 I would prefer Chychrun, Sergachyov or Juolevi.

If we could get Hajek in the 2nd round I'd be ecstatic. Very late first would be ok.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Fonzerelli, do you have a Twitter for hockey thoughts?

No. I'm not tech savvy enough for the newer gadgets. I like browsing them, but it's all I can do to remember a forum password. I'm still struggling with embedding tweets in this forum. Wouldn't know the first thing about making my own tweets. If it's something teenagers do I'm immediately intimidated

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
They have Fabbro back up to 13th overall. Damn.

Dante won BCHL Defenseman of the year with 63 points in 43 games. His smarts and decision-making abilities are already NHL ready.

ISS has him at 20, Central scouting at 18. The important one though, McKenzie's poll of scouts, had him at 17. None of us can read the minds of the Bruins scouts, but I seriously hope they are watching. We desperately need talent at RHD.

Coach, have you seen/heard of any B's scouts watching BCHL games this year?

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
ISS has him at 20, Central scouting at 18. The important one though, McKenzie's poll of scouts, had him at 17. None of us can read the minds of the Bruins scouts, but I seriously hope they are watching. We desperately need talent at RHD.

I was at a game in Trail where the Bruins scouts were there to watch RD Dennis Choloski of the Chilliwack Chiefs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Everyone has been at the Vees games. It has been a zoo up there because of Fabbro and Jost. Teams are coming in and talking to them directly.

Surrey Eagles get a lot of visits from scouts as well as Nanaimo Clippers. Have to admit, when I go it is to watch some of my former players and then chat with them before/after games.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
Everyone has been at the Vees games. It has been a zoo up there because of Fabbro and Jost. Teams are coming in and talking to them directly.

Surrey Eagles get a lot of visits from scouts as well as Nanaimo Clippers. Have to admit, when I go it is to watch some of my former players and then chat with them before/after games.

Good deal, I guess there'd be a bigger concern if teams (the Bruins) weren't scouting those two at this point. I only bring it up because, IIRC, I think I remember Dom last year at one point say the Bruins didn't have as much of a scouting presence in the OHL last year, and that caused concern about them taking OHL prospects in '15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad