Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 57th Overall (WSH) - Carl Grundstrom - RW - Modo Hockey [6-0/180]

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I think the team name is going to be changed to
the "Euronto Leafs" .. LOL!

Looks like these last two guys are very strong on 2-way playing, btw..

Mad Brills*

all 3 picks have played against men in pro leagues this past season FWIW.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't mind it, he can also stay in Europe a couple of extra years like Andreas Johnson.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Loving it!!!

They're going positional need and much more guaranteed picks. Already playing against high-level compete.

Great pick! Exactly the type of player I was hoping for!!

Mar 12, 2009
Don't think this was a bad pick at all. not a fan of the other one though

Most people aren't, but most people are only familiar with the mainstream scouting consensus lists. People weren't happy about Nielsen and Dzierkals last year, now they love them. I'm not sure why people feel it's an absolute must for everyone to know their amateur, barely educated (as far as the scouting world) reaction to every pick, when often their feelings change once they come to learn about the player.

Another winger... not at all liking the 2nd Rd rn.
This sentiment of whining and inability to be pleased seems common in this thread. Draft a guy before his consensus ranking, everyone complains. Draft a player that the consensus had higher (Grundstrom) and people complain because he's a winger...now that we took a goalie, I guess we're going to complain that we took the wrong goalie, according to the lists we read.

Based on the lists, I don't think there would be as much complaining if Grundstrom was picked 31 and Korshkov was picked 57.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Grundström is a fighter, always competes. I have seen a lot of games, and it's worth a shot picking him. Not a safe bet by any means, but I guarantee that he will put in the necessary work.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Love this pick! Grundstrom is one of my favs. Was hoping he'd be someone we take at 31

Scratch

Jan 3, 2016
This is the player I chose for the Leafs poll in the 2nd round. Glad we got him, he's a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad