OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

My undefeated streak is in serious jeopardy w this Hawks panthers game.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Giants reportedly hire Adam Henry as WR coach

Henry, 43, coached wide receivers at LSU, Beckham's alma mater, from 2012-14. Beckham played under him for the final two years of his collegiate career. Henry previously was an assistant with the Oakland Raiders from 2007-11, serving as a offensive quality control coach and a tight ends coach.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Giants reportedly hire Adam Henry as WR coach

Henry, 43, coached wide receivers at LSU, Beckham's alma mater, from 2012-14. Beckham played under him for the final two years of his collegiate career. Henry previously was an assistant with the Oakland Raiders from 2007-11, serving as a offensive quality control coach and a tight ends coach.

Great hire.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
amazing how we get one last brady/manning showdown in a conf title game assuming peyton hangs em up after this year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Really like that Spags is staying around. I love his aggressive approach. Hopefully we give him some more tools to work with this season. Considering the success of the offense, I don't think the Giants are that many pieces away.

One good safety. One great LBer (should be obtained in draft), and one good pass rusher (can also be found in draft or FA, no?).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
McAdoo is cleaning house. I love this. All of Coughlin's ****** position coaches and strength coaches are going out the door. This is fantastic.

So nice to see a lot of these Coughlin guys leave. Not only did McAdoo know them, but he didn't want them on his staff. A clear sign that this was a big issue with TC and his typical loyalty problems.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
McAdoo has said all of the right things so far. He sounds hungry, which is excellent news. I really hope that means he'll more fully modernize the team.

Really like that Spags is staying around. I love his aggressive approach. Hopefully we give him some more tools to work with this season. Considering the success of the offense, I don't think the Giants are that many pieces away.

One good safety. One great LBer (should be obtained in draft), and one good pass rusher (can also be found in draft or FA, no?).

The thing with Spags is that he's always committed to utilizing the strengths of whatever players he's got (e.g. Whitlock). He puts guys in a position to succeed and makes major adjustments as the game goes on, which many other defensive coordinators are too stubborn to do. If Reese can manage to fill in some talent around the good pieces we already have on D (Hankins, Prince, Collins, and a couple of more marginal guys) Spags should be able to at least solidify things next year and get us into the middle of the pack defensively. Will injuries go down with the new staff they'll bring in? With Eli and OBJ and a healthier offensive line an average defense is probably enough to get us into the playoffs, where it will, as always, be a matter of getting hot at the right time.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So, what are the Giants fanbase's thoughts on the Eagles hiring Doug Pederson?

Edit: Also, Jim Schwartz is apparently becoming our new DC.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Denver D is insane.

Rooting for ARI this game and into the Super Bowl if they make it. Fitz deserves his ring.

if Cam and Co. become cocky, they will suffer and Arizona will win it. Carson Palmer needs to be quick with his throws, because the pass rush is coming hard. Kuechly and Davis don't play around.

*Bob Richards*

I know its not all his fault and a million things happened since then, but man what a time and place for Gostkowski to miss his first XP in seemingly forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad