OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Really surprised that the Eagles aren't waiting to interview McDermott or Matt Patricia, but then again, I don't mind Coughlin as HC

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Coughlin withdrawing from Eagles HC consideration.

Thank you.

Sounds like he was going to take it but they wouldn't let him pick his OC. He turned it down due to uncertainties at OC. I said on the Flyers board that TC with less control than the Giants gave him would be a good hire. Certainly sounds like they didn't give him the control he wanted.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sounds like he was going to take it but they wouldn't let him pick his OC. He turned it down due to uncertainties at OC. I said on the Flyers board that TC with less control than the Giants gave him would be a good hire. Certainly sounds like they didn't give him the control he wanted.

I'm assuming they want to keep Pat Shurmur to help retain Bradford. The two of them got along very well

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

There are certain powers I'd grant a head coach. Picking his own coordinators/assistants is one of them... well, to a degree, of course.

But hey, if it keeps TC off the Eagles :D

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Poor JR. He had to go out and fall on his sword because of the ****ing love-fest for Coughlin from the media. Such a disgrace, really. I've never seen such insanely biased media before in NY. I get that there was love for TC. I loved TC. He was a huge part of the Giants and is a great man. But holy crap. It's been nuts since the resignation.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I really question how this coaching search went & it feels an awful lot like Philly forced NYG's hand here.

I predict both Reese & McAdoo will be fired in 3 seasons.

That said, we have probably 3 years left of Eli's prime. It makes sense to try & keep the offense going. I am very happy Sullivan is staying because he's been good for Eli historically. It's a bit odd Spags hasn't been officially announced yet. I think we definitely could use a shakeup at the position coaches of most positions.

This weekend I think NE, Den, AZ, & Sea win.

BarbaraAlphanse

Went 4-0 last week. My predictions:

NE
Arizona
Seattle
Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad