OT: 2016 Football Thread I: Giants bring back Beatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
It's not like he had many other options than swallowing his pride if he wanted an NFL paycheck this season.

Maybe Reese should swallow his own pride. He drafted a bad OT in the top 10 & then telling every free agent OT that visits that the clown is being handed the LT job and even though they've been far more successful they will have to move to RT.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Pretty harsh no? The guy played on a very bad ankle for what 10 to 12 games? We havent seen the real Erik Flowers yet the kid is a monster with a mean streak and a very high thresh hold for pain something we Giants fans should embrace..

I am also very pleased to have Beatty back 4 good linemen is better than 3

Maybe Reese should swallow his own pride. He drafted a bad OT in the top 10 & then telling every free agent OT that visits that the clown is being handed the LT job and even though they've been far more successful they will have to move to RT.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Pretty harsh no? The guy played on a very bad ankle for what 10 to 12 games? We havent seen the real Erik Flowers yet the kid is a monster with a mean streak and a very high thresh hold for pain something we Giants fans should embrace..

And when he didn't have a bum ankle and played with Pugh, he was very good at runblocking. His runblocking grade fell off once Pugh went down and his ankle got worse. He struggled like just about every single rookie LT does.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And when he didn't have a bum ankle and played with Pugh, he was very good at runblocking. His runblocking grade fell off once Pugh went down and his ankle got worse. He struggled like just about every single rookie LT does.

Yeah, but all rookie LTs are terrible and will never become any good. The LTs that make it were never rookies...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Did Perkins play any snaps in preseason? I haven't seen anything on him and normally turn the games off around half-time/the third quarter.

Probably won't watch the game tonight. Just feel like there aren't any interesting enough position battles for me to watch a game with no starters.

Would still feel really bad if the Giants let Brady beat them though. **** that noise.

EDIT - never mind, nfl.com has preseason stats up. 14 carries.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Man Hackenburg really is trash. He doesn't even look like he belongs on the practice squad.

At least the Jets finally found a punter. It's been a while. Special teams unit as a whole actually looks really good this year.

Hoping they keep all of Anderson, Marshall and Peake. Get rid of Thompkins and go with the upside, young guys.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Man Hackenburg really is trash. He doesn't even look like he belongs on the practice squad.

At least the Jets finally found a punter. It's been a while. Special teams unit as a whole actually looks really good this year.

Hoping they keep all of Anderson, Marshall and Peake. Get rid of Thompkins and go with the upside, young guys.

I honestly have no idea what the Jets were thinking with Hack. I was appalled by the pick when it was made and am still perplexed to this day. I had to check to make sure it wasn't the 7th round. 54 yards on 31 attempts is so bad that it's kind of impressive.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I honestly have no idea what the Jets were thinking with Hack. I was appalled by the pick when it was made and am still perplexed to this day. I had to check to make sure it wasn't the 7th round. 54 yards on 31 attempts is so bad that it's kind of impressive.

I though to myself, "Man, 50 yards on 11 completions? That's impressive." Lol.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010

His technique didn't improve in college. It didn't improve last year. I expected a jump this year with a full offseason. Still looks awful. If he turns into some monster I'll gladly eat crow. But I'm not really worried tbh.

My main point is Reese &/or McAdoo anointing him LT. Several better players were brought in via UFA and all told they'd have to move to RT(obviously this is reported I wasn't in the room). I'm thinking this is a strong reason why we have Newhouse at RT again which we all can agree is a disaster.

My angst is on Reese for A) drafting him way too early B) not adding another OT

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jets would be smart to IR Petty. They will be using him as a 3rd stringer, anyway .This way, they can keep four QBs but not have to worry about losing a roster spot.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jets would be smart to IR Petty. They will be using him as a 3rd stringer, anyway .This way, they can keep four QBs but not have to worry about losing a roster spot.

If they were REALLY smart they'd cut their losses and just get rid of Hackenberg. No sense wasting resources on his development. Petty is your developmental QB and he's actually progressing. Hack is hot garbage and not worth his jock strap.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If they were REALLY smart they'd cut their losses and just get rid of Hackenberg. No sense wasting resources on his development. Petty is your developmental QB and he's actually progressing. Hack is hot garbage and not worth his jock strap.

No reason to cut a second round pick just yet. That would be pretty terrible. Let Petty stay on IR. You still develop him that way. Neither looks like a starter, but you're right that Petty definitely looks at least competent in comparison to Hack.

Lol, I am still so mad that they took Hack. Why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
How does a guy like Romeo Okwara not get drafted? Big school obvious talent and I think 8 sacks senior year? I am not calling him to be a star but he has 3 sacks in 3 games and is in on the QB almost every snap. How was he not even worth a 5th or 6th pick can someone explain?

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I know Hackenberg was god awful last night but it's important to remember that they said they weren't messing with his mechanics until next year. This is supposed to be a redshirt year. Not that I'm high on the kid but just trying to cling to one optimistic view.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Milliner and Amaro cut. Milliner is unfortunate, injuries really ruined him. Amaro just never panned out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
God I can't wait to beat up on the cowboys. Even with our OL still working it's s*** out, with Flowers struggling in preseason & Beatty just coming back; Eli throwing to OBJ & Shepard is going to be nasty.

And against a rookie QB we should be able to get around our questionable pass rush, with the secondary & the run D...watching JPP-Hank-Snacks-OV go head to head with that monstrous Dallas OL should be a great test of the revamped DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad