2016 Fantasy Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I was just offered Michael Floyd and Kirk Cousins for Lamar Miller. I countered with L. Green and Gillisee for le'veon Bell. At least when I try to trade for star players I offer people I'm starting not low end bench filler

That was one of the better offers I received from that guy.

He's just hoping you accidentally hit the accept button.

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
Nelson looking slow and disinterested, not even trying out there. Frustrating as hell because you know you cant bench him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
really don't know why i even bother starting guys on TNF.

1 pt from thomas last week. 1 point from meredith so far tonight

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
really don't know why i even bother starting guys on TNF.

1 pt from thomas last week. 1 point from meredith so far tonight

Same, but its stronger than me. Lol, i know i'll be watching so i feel i have to start them. Although so far i'm happy with my last second decision to bench Howard

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ugh. I started Meredith and Jordy in the same league. And in that league, I'm facing the worst team in the league, and I already lost to that person earlier in the year.

He had Green Bay's defense and Ty Montgomery, so I basically lost already. Ugh...

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I like the Broncos upcoming schedule after Houston. (SD , OAK, NO). Would be nice if you could make the trade after this week.

One thing about Ware that hurts him imo is if he fumbles he's done and Charles is in full time. Ware doesn't really have a problem with fumbles but he had a couple bad ones this year Chiefs don't score a ton of pts so i doubt Andy Reid's tolerance for mistakes like that will be low when you have Charles on the sidelines.

I like Martin better than Anderson, but I read that Martin suffered a setback.

I'd hold out and see if he ups his offer. You're OK with Ware even if he doesn't. It's a tough call.

I think that I'd keep Ware to be honest. I think even with Charles coming back, they're going to split carries. And Ware has proven that he can be productive with 10-15 carries, which is probably what Charles will get too. Plus, CJ's touches have been seriously trending downwards. From roughly 20 the first couple weeks, down to 11 and 10 the last two. Plus, Booker is supposed to have earned more carries according to the coach.

Martin I would do

Update on this item.

Ended up trading Ware for Christine Michaels. I thought this was a pretty good move, gonna take a hit this week probably but he'll border on RB1 status for 4 weeks till Rawls gets back, and then we'll see, but I think CMike's got this job locked up.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I started Jordy Nelson and Jordan Howard last night. They combined for 4.6 points.

Suuuper.

and I started Merideth in my other league.

Damnit!

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Need to pick up a defense this week in one league. Dallas is on a bye. I'm kinda leaning towards Oakland. I know the Raiders defense blows but i'm simply looking at this from a turnover perspective. Is Bortles going to do well against them or is going to continue to suck and throw a bunch of interceptions. I don't watch much of the Jags so any help would be appreciated. Oakland is 8th in total takeaways.

I also read this article that had alot of positive things to say about the defense.
http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/16294/dj-hayden-were-going-to-be-a-great-defense

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Update on this item.

Ended up trading Ware for Christine Michaels. I thought this was a pretty good move, gonna take a hit this week probably but he'll border on RB1 status for 4 weeks till Rawls gets back, and then we'll see, but I think CMike's got this job locked up.

Nice. I would have done that - not that what I would do is the be-all...

As for WRs last night I sat Cobb and played Jeffrey in a modified PPR. 19.3 points vs. 0. Cool.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Need to pick up a defense this week in one league. Dallas is on a bye. I'm kinda leaning towards Oakland. I know the Raiders defense blows but i'm simply looking at this from a turnover perspective. Is Bortles going to do well against them or is going to continue to suck and throw a bunch of interceptions. I don't watch much of the Jags so any help would be appreciated. Oakland is 8th in total takeaways.

I also read this article that had alot of positive things to say about the defense.
http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/16294/dj-hayden-were-going-to-be-a-great-defense

Bortles is a turnover machine from what I've watched, but they could also score a lot if they are on their game. Plus, it's a west coast team traveling to play at 1pm eastern... I don't like Oakland's defense this week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dumb question:

I added Vinatieri when Bailey was questionable with a back injury. Both are really really good fantasy kickers. I have both rostered at the moment, but obviously, having two kickers on a team is not ideal. Who should I keep?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Dumb question:

I added Vinatieri when Bailey was questionable with a back injury. Both are really really good fantasy kickers. I have both rostered at the moment, but obviously, having two kickers on a team is not ideal. Who should I keep?

Depends on how much roster space you have. I think Vinatieri is the better option, but with a bye coming up you will need another kicker anyway and need to roster two for another week. If you don't have the room, plug Bailey back in next week, move Vinatieri, and move on.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Depends on how much roster space you have. I think Vinatieri is the better option, but with a bye coming up you will need another kicker anyway and need to roster two for another week. If you don't have the room, plug Bailey back in next week, move Vinatieri, and move on.

There are 10 bench spots. I have the roster space, but I'd obviously rather not carry two kickers.

Hmmmm. I was leaning Vinatieri.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
this is the lineup i am starting this week:

eli manning
legarrette blount
james white
kenny britt
mike wallace
hunter henry
isaiah crowell
gostkowski
cardinals d

... i am number one in my league.

Mine is better and I am in a much worse position.

Eli
Jones
D-Jax/Michael Thomas
Melvin Gordon
Duke Johnson
Julius Thomas
Allen Hurns
Dan Bailey
BUF DEF / SEA DEF

My team was so promising at the start but everything went downhill (7th place, 2-4-0). Coleman broke his hand, Gordon went back to rehab, Decker is out for the year, Martin is injured AGAIN, Dez is hurt and just hasn't been good at all. Then Jones/Manning/SEA have all bene underwhelming, I so wish this was a keeper league so i could sell off whoever has value and build for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad