Pre-Game Talk: 2016 Canucks Development Camp

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Just coming of grave yards this morning so i was feeling like a zombie when i got there. So just a couple of notes.

Liked OJ good skater, great passing and stick work

Boeser kid loves hockey loves to battle. His skating looks better then this time a year ago.

Demko looked big and like a player. Already rocking new nucks coloured gear.

Stecher smart shifty guy good with the puck liked his skating.

Lockwood kid can flat out skate might be something there

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dave Tomlinson and Iain McIntryre singing the praises of Alexis D'Auost, a 20-year old winger out of the QMJHL...IMac incorrectly labelled him a "fifth rounder nine days ago" in his piece today (can't find any reference to him as a Canuck draftee, as a hockey writer, does he do any homework?)....had 98 points with Shawinigan...hope he gets an invite to the prospects tournament.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Hey guys neutral fan here. I was glad to attend the camp this morning and see what you guys have to offer for prospects. I actually met Demko and Boeser. Boeser is a really down to earth nice guy, but that has already hopefully been well documented. Demko is cool and has a good sense of humour.

Boeser: Puck handling looked good today and his skating has largely improved during his year in North Dakota but his shot looked a bit off. Wasn't ripping it as he usually does.

Juolevi: Defending and skating was good but holy **** he couldn't handle the puck during the drills for the life of him. Not worried at all but man he was slumping in that regard today.

Demko: Big guy shuts the door and was sound as he's always been. Excited to see what he'll do in Utica next year.

Stecher: This guy may be 5'10 but he's a thick 190. Has the build of Barrie. He was very impressive today in many regards to skating, puck skills, and defending.

Other impressive players today were Rylan Parenteau (G), William Lockwood, Cole Candella, and Tate Olson.

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hey guys neutral fan here. I was glad to attend the camp this morning and see what you guys have to offer for prospects. I actually met Demko and Boeser. Boeser is a really down to earth nice guy, but that has already hopefully been well documented. Demko is cool and has a good sense of humour.

Boeser: Puck handling looked good today and his skating has largely improved during his year in North Dakota but his shot looked a bit off. Wasn't ripping it as he usually does.

Juolevi: Defending and skating was good but holy **** he couldn't handle the puck during the drills for the life of him. Not worried at all but man he was slumping in that regard today.

Demko: Big guy shuts the door and was sound as he's always been. Excited to see what he'll do in Utica next year.

Stecher: This guy may be 5'10 but he's a thick 190. Has the build of Barrie. He was very impressive today in many regards to skating, puck skills, and defending.

Other impressive players today were Rylan Parenteau (G), William Lockwood, Cole Candella (D), and Tate Olson.

Just coming of grave yards this morning so i was feeling like a zombie when i got there. So just a couple of notes.

Liked OJ good skater, great passing and stick work

Boeser kid loves hockey loves to battle. His skating looks better then this time a year ago.

Demko looked big and like a player. Already rocking new nucks coloured gear.

Stecher smart shifty guy good with the puck liked his skating.

Lockwood kid can flat out skate might be something there

Thanks for these reports :D

Contradictory statements on OJ's stick skills though :P

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Thanks for these reports :D

Contradictory statements on OJ's stick skills though :P

Haha. I personally thought he had issues mainly with the pylon drills but also looked rather lackadaisical doing so. Probably not too thrilled with those drills I guess. Great player - I had no idea he was 6'3 though! If he can put some muscle on, look out.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Haha. I personally thought he had issues mainly with the pylon drills but also looked rather lackadaisical doing so. Probably not too thrilled with those drills I guess. Great player - I had no idea he was 6'3 though! If he can put some muscle on, look out.

Well there you have it, he's a pylon. Great, another bust.

:sarcasm:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I remember watching these same videos when we just drafted Cody Hodgson. Heck the reason I joined these boards was because of the 08 draft... much excitement back then, many prospects. Unfortunately none of them are playing for the Canucks and even in the nhl anymore. So keeping my expectations at a minimum.

With that said I am definitely more confident with this group being led by Olli, Boeser and Demko.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Does it even matter which position Stewart is listed at? Just list him at Penalty Box and call it a day.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Impressive interview form Demko. He seems like the rare kind of guy where Raw Physical Talent, Intelligence, and Drive all come together.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Impressive interview form Demko. He seems like the rare kind of guy where Raw Physical Talent, Intelligence, and Drive all come together.

reminds me EXACTLY of Cory Schnieder. the resemblance is uncanny.

Troy Stecher is turning heads at camp, have now read from multiple people on twitter how impressive he looks, in addition to Linden, Green, and Benning talking highly of him.

I think he's going to have a monster year in the AHL, he could evolve into our Tyson Barrie. He has very similar thick frame like him.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
reminds me EXACTLY of Cory Schnieder. the resemblance is uncanny.

Troy Stecher is turning heads at camp, have now read from multiple people on twitter how impressive he looks, in addition to Linden, Green, and Benning talking highly of him.

I think he's going to have a monster year in the AHL, he could evolve into our Tyson Barrie. He has very similar thick frame like him.

If Stetcher turns into Tyson Barrie I'm going to be very happy. We've had almost magical amounts of luck with undrafted prospects over the last decade or so.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Heard Jasek looks very good. Can anyone elaborate?

Jasek is an intriguing prospect. Chances are he amounts to nothing (just based on draft position) but we know so little about him. I believe I read that he was projected to be a high pick after his draft -1 year, and last year Travis Green spoke highly of him.

Unfortunate that he didn't get drafted into the CHL. Can he still be signed by a CHL team? Hopefully that's the case, or this year he's able to stick at the highest Czech level.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
From some of the reports I've read on CDC from attendees, it seems like Stecher may just play his way onto the opening night roster.

Sounds like he has a very polished game.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
From some of the reports I've read on CDC from attendees, it seems like Stecher may just play his way onto the opening night roster.

Theres almost no way. Benning when he was talking about Stecher didnt even have him in the top 8. He has to be lights out at camp.

The log jam is too much.

Sbisa
Tryamkin
Pedan
Larsen

Battling for 2 spots.

Larsen plays an already offensive game, we cant have a Stecher/Larsen pairing who both shoot right handed.

Youd have to waive Pedan, Send tryamkin to the AHL. Trade one of Larsen/Sbisa.

Likwit19

Nov 14, 2015

He is 3 or 4 years older than most of the other guys, no?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i really care so little about these prospect camps.

last year people were talking about how good mackenze stewart looked at this ****.

can't wait for the prospects tournament to hear you guys talk about how great some small forward is who excels in the terrible team structure.

what was his name during the prospects tournament a couple years ago? No Scorefat was it?

When these players start showing something in the preseason ill get excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad