Trouba goes Superman!

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
did the concussion spotters have the nite off or is the league bending the rules for the meathead.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
I'm sure he was taking the spatial dimensions of where Necas' head was in comparison to his skates while he was smashing his face into the boards after missing a blatant attempt to elbow him in the face.
It's because of his computer brain that on the street he's often mistaken for a Math Professor. He's just got that always-thinking, furrowed brow look.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Then outlaw hitting.

If you want physicality in the game, there are no half measures. These are men at the top of their sport. Make it the women’s game and every game can end 15–12.

Matt Cooke was suspended for 9 games and the first round of the playoffs in 2011. Did that deter anyone from ever throwing an elbow? What about Raffi Torres?
It's plainly dishonest to suggest we can't differentiate between hitting and a flying elbow and you should feel bad for suggesting it's no distinction.

The penalty for a flying elbow should be a 20 year suspension. Flying elbows are the works of pure scumbags and a 20 year suspension is morally fine for that. It would stop IMMEDIATELY

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
It's plainly dishonest to suggest we can't differentiate between hitting and a flying elbow and you should feel bad for suggesting it's no distinction.

The penalty for a flying elbow should be a 20 year suspension. Flying elbows are the works of pure scumbags and a 20 year suspension is morally fine for that. It would stop IMMEDIATELY
You’re wrong, but entitled to your opinion.

Reactions: Vaheh

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
If he would've connected with that flying elbow it would've been one of the most epic hockey hits of all time!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
These types of people will absolutely kill someone..........then they'll feign concern and suggest they never try to hurt anyone, and it was a freak accident..........see ADAM JOHNSON>

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Just for clarity's sake, can you define what makes an elbow a flying elbow?

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I'm 50/50 on that. I doubt the elbow was really gonna come flying out like that if necas stayed up. It's just the natural reflex when your target moves and you landed on nothing to shift and reach.
i'm gonna say..... naaaa.... it was coming out...
1715185644541.png

1715185570588.png

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Subban professing his love for Trouba on ESPN. I love it.

Such a fan of Necas, almost as much as Lias Anderson. But, everyone at MSG was looking for someone to crush him with his rushes into the zone. If your going to carry the puck like that someone needs to stop with you.

With that said, Trouba is really lucky he didn’t catch Necas with the elbow. It was a real awkward dodge but Necas but the elbow was close there.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
The whining is hilarious.
To be fair, Necas was smart to duck out of the hit. Hard to be certain if the elbow comes out if Necas stays upright.
With that said, where is all of the whining when Svech dangerously sticks his leg out and sends Igor flying? Could have easily tore his knee apart. Anyone?
His stick got between the goalies legs so of course he tripped him. It was a penalty for sure but come on.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Trouba's elbow comes out to stop himself from literally going head first like superman into the boards. Nothing burger play. The Cane fell down to avoid the hit.
He went superman into the boards because he tried the flying elbow.

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad