OT: 2016 Blue Bombers Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
great, fun game.
next week is 1 hell of a test.

Rest of the season is a hell of a test. Away to Calgary which has been a graveyard, at home to Edmonton, and then home and home clashes with BC and Ottawa. Still not sure if the Bombers are legitimate contenders or just an average team that has been getting it done vs. other average/bad teams, we'll soon find out.

In the end though, they essentially just need one more win to seal a playoff berth.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Best thing for me this season has been the development of that offensive line. Keep that core of Bryant, Bond, Goossen and Chungh together, and you've got a line that figures to be in the top half of the CFL for a long time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really fun game to be at today. Friends took us and I really enjoyed the game. I am glad for the fans that the team is doing ok. As has been pointed out they are going into a meat grinder of a schedule now so I am guessing it will be humbling but I see some progress.

Good point about the O Line Hank they have been doing a solid job.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Best thing for me this season has been the development of that offensive line. Keep that core of Bryant, Bond, Goossen and Chungh together, and you've got a line that figures to be in the top half of the CFL for a long time.

Agreed, from the beginning of the season to now is like night and day, goes to show move the pieces around either because of injury or you want to and you might stumble onto something that works real well.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
guess you hope they go 0.500 for the rest of the season. that's pretty acceptable.
D-wise, we may get eaten up by calgary.
ottawa doesn't worry me.
edmonton's almost a coin flip.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rest of the season is a hell of a test. Away to Calgary which has been a graveyard, at home to Edmonton, and then home and home clashes with BC and Ottawa. Still not sure if the Bombers are legitimate contenders or just an average team that has been getting it done vs. other average/bad teams, we'll soon find out.

In the end though, they essentially just need one more win to seal a playoff berth.

It's going to be tough. Calgary is a write off but Edmonton is a game they should win (and would probably pretty much clinch a playoff spot in the west). The home and home against BC might be for home field playoff game. I couldn't imagine how crazy IGF would be for a home playoff game. Ottawa is in free fall though, that is two games Winnipeg should win. I can honestly see 12 wins as a realistic goal (EDM, BC (1), OTT (2)). Would probably not be enough for 2nd place though. Likely need 13 wins to finish in 2nd (or at very least win both BC games at get to 12).

The thing is we still need to be better on offense, IMO. Now I only listened to the game as I was at work, but we are still not taking advantage of the chances given to us all too often, IMO. Nichols needs to be better. It's that last remaining piece between Bombers and a true top end contender.

Gotta love the makeup of that. The smart positional center to anchor the line with two nasty guards on either side. The anchor star tackle to protect the QB's back. Lots has been said about Bond coming in, we all know about big free agent splash Bryant and his ups and downs, and Chung was the story last year as a great rookie. The guy I'd like to point out in Goossen. Much maligned as he was drafted very young in a high draft spot (#2?) and clearly not ready for big time he is really coming into his own, IMO. He is not a mean nasty guy so he tends to get overlooked (or attacked) but he is really solid positionally and does a good job. Center is traditionally where you need a smart lineman to identify defensive formations and communicate to the rest of the line and Goossen fills that role well, IMO.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Not sure why everyone just assumes the Bombers will lose in Calgary. While Calgary is a tough team to play, the Bombers are also a tough team to play. The Bombers may not be as polished, but this may be the test they need to show they belong at the top.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Out hunting, missed the game entirely, what was the crowd like at investors?

Darth Jet

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg
I think it was around 26k, not bad but still could be better. But as always the ones that are there will always make a lot of noise when needed. One of my favourite games was the 07' semi final against MTL. 21k in the stands but we were so freakin loud, stopping MTL on all those 3rd and 1.

Anyways, pretty pumped for the game next week. I believe we can beat them but no one can take a play off. If the same D that showed up in the first half shows up against Calgary we will be down by 30 after half. I hope Wild is okay because I really didn't like Burnett. Loved Loffler's monster hit along the sideline, that guy plays with an edge and hits like a truck. So here is to a good game next weekend, lets's go for 8 in a row!

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I think it was around 26k, not bad but still could be better. But as always the ones that are there will always make a lot of noise when needed. One of my favourite games was the 07' semi final against MTL. 21k in the stands but we were so freakin loud, stopping MTL on all those 3rd and 1.

Anyways, pretty pumped for the game next week. I believe we can beat them but no one can take a play off. If the same D that showed up in the first half shows up against Calgary we will be down by 30 after half. I hope Wild is okay because I really didn't like Burnett. Loved Loffler's monster hit along the sideline, that guy plays with an edge and hits like a truck. So here is to a good game next weekend, lets's go for 8 in a row!

You know it's a beauty hit when you can hear the pop of the equipment smashing together.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Well the Riders sure made me look good on my pro line ticket! Got the help we need to help boost our playoff chances. Things are looking up.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
dear mods:

Any chance of pinning the Bombers thread? I've seen other cities/teams do it for their respective major league teams. CFL is one of big 5 in NA ? (though MLS seems close) Could make it bolded blue or gold.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
25900 and change. Bottom line there was gorgeous day... not a good start time and to be honest... the Argos just aren't that big of a draw here.

Saturday afternoon sucks for attendance here it is still the last couple weeks of cottage season and has always been this way it seems. I wont go unless its after thansgiving.

Sunday is a much better day for a day game.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll be honest, once I saw the nice weather I last minute went golfing for 18 and watched later on PVR. Gotta enjoy nice days like those that came late in Sept. I mostly never like 1pm games anyway.

That next Friday nighter could be a fun one though!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Saturday afternoon sucks for attendance here it is still the last couple weeks of cottage season and has always been this way it seems. I wont go unless its after thansgiving.

Sunday is a much better day for a day game.

Two thumbs up on this post!

CFL should stick to night games until October!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'll be honest, once I saw the nice weather I last minute went golfing for 18 and watched later on PVR. Gotta enjoy nice days like those that came late in Sept. I mostly never like 1pm games anyway.

That next Friday nighter could be a fun one though!

hmmm, I saw the nice weather and decided it would be a perfect afternoon to head out to IGF and watch the Bombers!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
bombers are 6 points ahead of the Argos.
Argos have 5 games remaining.
Odds are that WInnipeg's in the playoffs, barring a huge collapse by the Bombers and a crazy win streak, which would involve winning at least 1 of 2 from calgary and beating Edmonton

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Why another afternoon game. Urgh have to listen to radio again since im at work.

Hoping for a good performance. Id be ok if bombers keep it close and end up losing. This calgary team is ridiculously stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad