GDT: 2016 | "Because Oilers" | Draft Lottery | 13.5% | 4.30.16 | 5:00PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I refuse to cheer for ping pong balls with numbers on them. I hate this team being a draft lottery team.

I'd much rather watch this team play playoff hockey. I'm getting a vibe that there are less fans like me and more fans that prefer the lotteries.

Lol. You're really going to prop yourself up above the rest of us with something that you know is complete BS?

Not one of us, not a single one would take this lottery position over being in the playoffs this year.

We are just trying to make the best of the situation that we are in. We didn't make the playoffs, so lets cheer for the best possible asset to help get us there.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Im so mixed about this. Like how could you not want another #1? In reality though its a embarassment and I we dont deserve it at all.

I actually hope they just trade this pick.

I don't think the Oilers are any more or less embarassing by winning the lottery. But they are better, and that's what I care about most.

I'm good either way though. The lottery takes a back seat to what could be the biggest offseason in Oilers history this summer.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just ran the lottery and vomited in my mouth a little. Canucks got the 1st overall, Flames 2nd overall and Leafs 3rd overall. :cry:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Just ran the lottery and vomited in my mouth a little. Canucks got the 1st overall, Flames 2nd overall and Leafs 3rd overall. :cry:

Odds are good some version of this happens. Just realize this is only a fraction of what all of those fanbases felt when the Oilers won McDavid.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, we are probably going to fall to fifth. We got our moment last year, not expecting to win and ending up with McDavid. I wouldn't make making Chiarelli actually do some work.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I refuse to cheer for ping pong balls with numbers on them. I hate this team being a draft lottery team.

I'd much rather watch this team play playoff hockey. I'm getting a vibe that there are less fans like me and more fans that prefer the lotteries.

Completely off base. If you read the GDT's, and PGT's you'd see no one wants to lose. But reality is we lost, so you might as well hope for the best asset you can get, and enjoy pissing off the people who troll, and degrade, us regularly.

There is a huge difference in value between picks 1-2 and 3 and then 4-6. No matter how bad the team was this year, and how people are saying they don't want another first overall, picking top 2 instead of 3rd could be the difference between acquiring a true #1 defenceman this offseason.

Bring on the #1. I don't care.

Also, so much this.

we'll be able to get a better defender with the first, than say the fourth.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Happy lotto day everyone!

I got Colorado at 1, Vancouver at 2, and Buffalo at 3. Honestly, I'd be ok with that. As long as Toronto or Calgary don't get 1st or 2nd, I don't really care

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

Uh, no, none of us want to be here. But we might as well make the most of a ****** situation and hope Chia can pull us out of the fire.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Odds are good some version of this happens. Just realize this is only a fraction of what all of those fanbases felt when the Oilers won McDavid.

Oh yeah, for sure. I'm prepared for the worst. Honestly I'm sorta okay with Canucks/Leafs winning or getting top3 picks but I really don't want the Flames to get a top2 pick. #3 is fine but top2 would hurt. But then again, as you say, it's nothing compared to what they must've felt when we won McDavid last year :D

I got Colorado at 1, Vancouver at 2, and Buffalo at 3. Honestly, I'd be ok with that. As long as Toronto or Calgary don't get 1st or 2nd, I don't really care

It would be fun if some unexpected team won the lottery. New Jersey, Columbus, Ottawa or even Winnipeg would be fun to see win.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Vancouver is vomit worthy, but not the end of the world. They already got lucky with the twins though.

As long as CGY doesn't win I am a happy camper.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Vancouver is vomit worthy, but not the end of the world. They already got lucky with the twins though.

As long as CGY doesn't win I am a happy camper.

I would much rather Calgary win it over Vancouver. We already have the better of the two in McDavid. I would like to see Vancouver perpetually in 9th place in the west and not making the playoffs.
I would love a Battle of Alberta playoff series.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Honestly, we are probably going to fall to fifth. We got our moment last year, not expecting to win and ending up with McDavid. I wouldn't make making Chiarelli actually do some work.

I'd rather pick 5th than 4th because won't that mean the Leafs fell out of the top 3 as well?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Really hoping we get a top 3 pick, but I think we used up all the draft luck last year. My prediction is Arizona at 1, Columbus at 2, Toronto at 3. Us at 4

Jun 9, 2011
I'm still so astonished that we have McDavid that I can't have any ill will to any teams winning, but I want to win everything hockey unless I only have so much luck, then please direct winning to a playoff situation.

2 teams I would love to see win (if not us) are Vancouver (because they had to put up with management issues much like ours were the last few years) and Arizona (let the hometown kid draw in some fans).

Jun 9, 2011
We win the lottery, and AM is traded to Montreal for a package deal involving Subban.
Book it!
I hope not. 9 million in salary that has to be protected in an expansion draft over Matthews is not a decision I would make. He makes another high end player with salary expendable.

Dooman

Mar 8, 2006
If the Oilers *do* win the Lottery this year. I'm fairly certain this would qualify us as a dynasty. 5 in 7 years.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
If the Oilers *do* win the Lottery this year. I'm fairly certain this would qualify us as a dynasty. 5 in 7 years.

This team has sucked so much that the league will change the draft rules because of it. Even though the team STILL isn't in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad