2016 ATD Lineup Advice Thread

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
I've never seen him as a two-way guy to be honest, but I am a little surprised to see he was 5th in Selke voting in 91.

Fleury was probably 5th in Selke voting for the same reason Paul Ysabart was 9th in voting the next year.

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Without looking at fleury or ysabart those years my guess is SH goals

Nope. Fleury and Ysebaert both scored a few shorties that year but it wasn't what I had in mind.

Ron Francis in his Selke year of 1995 is another member of this group.

Last edited:

overpass

Jun 7, 2007
Except that Francis was on another level defensively than them.

+/- leaders?

Yes. All three led the league in plus-minus and won the Alka-Selzer Plus-Minus Award.

Leading the league in plus-minus usually means a few Selke votes for a forward.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Top 2 I would consider very good. The next 2 I woul consider ok. The bottom 2 I would not want on any pk.

I agree. Laprade and Bergeron are easily top unit guys. I'd consider Ullman a bonafide 2nd unit all-time guy. I'd prefer to have a 4th guy better than Olmstead but if I don't, he'll do. I draft better penalty killers than Sandford and Litzenberger in the AAA draft.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
You don't know Litzenberger much at all, do you?

A bio largely based on 6+ PMs from respected veteran ATDer pappyline to come before the month is up. (Certainly, it'll be finished before the 1st round of the ATD playoffs is done.)

Hopefully, those 6+ PMs had legitimate sources in them.....

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I promise to post every one of the PMs I've received on Litzenberger in the 1st round of the playoffs (after seventieslord collects and tallies the rankings - against my simple and direct request for anyone else to do so because I personally feel there's bias there).

I'll have a great bio on Litzenberger up and posted during the 1st round of the playoffs.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I promise to post every one of the PMs I've received on Litzenberger in the 1st round of the playoffs (after seventieslord collects and tallies the rankings - against my simple and direct request for anyone else to do so because I personally feel there's bias there).

I'll have a great bio on Litzenberger up and posted during the 1st round of the playoffs.

No offense, but unless he posts them himself, I'm not giving them much weight.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
The thing about Litzenberger is that before the car crash, he was well on his way to a hall of fame career. We don't need pappy to tell us that he was a great hockey player in Chicago. I would be more interested to find out what sort of player he was in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad