2016 ALCS: (2) Cleveland Indians vs (WC) Toronto Blue Jays

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Well promising first inning from Merritt. I'm still not confident with an untested lefty against the barrage of righties the Jays have, especially one with bad AAA numbers like Merritt. If he can get through 5 with a lead though he's done his job.

The way Estrada looked it won't matter. He's going to give up a bunch of runs if he keeps pitching like that.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm not really enjoying the TBS crew

Everything is "unbelievable" to them

Ron Darling is not as good when he's not in the Mets booth. He seems to be sort of easily impressed by everyone. I initially did not like the idea of Smoltz getting the FOX job to replace McCarver over him, but the more I listen the last year or so I think they made the right call. Amazingly, Harold Reynolds was considered too.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He's leaving pitches all over the middle of the plate, they just are not swinging because they are not familiar with him. I don't know how well he will fare the 2nd time through, in reality though he probably only needs to get through 4 innings. I think Miller goes 3 and Allen 2.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah that's def pretty disgusting for a rookie pitcher.

Luckily they have Estrada in there, so at the minimum he should be able to keep the Indians bats mitigated.

Just get the man some damn run support.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I don't think they'll stretch them for a combined 4. You might see someone like McCalister come out first.

Jays best shot is to get to Merritt 2nd time through. Otherwise, I think Francona does go for the knockout punch. Miller 6th 7th, Allen rest of the way.

Estrada not as sharp as his first two starts, but it's a testament to the Indians that 2 runs down, 7 innings to go, feels like a losing cause.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Merrit is on pace for a perfect game and already you guys are talking about when the Indians will go to the bullpen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad