2016 ALCS: (2) Cleveland Indians vs (WC) Toronto Blue Jays

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, this was the ALCS that I wanted to see, although I will readily admit that I was expecting a Rangers/Red Sox series.

On that note, I'm predicting that the Jays will advance, so guess who just got the kiss of death? :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Eerie how these 2 cities meet again in a championship to decide the league/conference 5 months later.

I have gotten everything wrong in the AL so far, so for what it's worth, Blue Jays in 6. If CLE had just 1 of Carrasco or Salazar starting, I'd pick them. Just feel the deeper Toronto rotation will be key.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Eerie how these 2 cities meet again in a championship to decide the league/conference 5 months later.

I have gotten everything wrong in the AL so far, so for what it's worth, Blue Jays in 6. If CLE had just 1 of Carrasco or Salazar starting, I'd pick them. Just feel the deeper Toronto rotation will be key.

Salazar will be back.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Jays in 6 or 7. Neither team is winning the WS unless somehow LA or San Fran gets out of the NL which is a very long shot.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Should be a fun series. Don't have any hate towards Cleveland unlike the previous 2 teams we beat. If they had a fully healthy staff they would have been really difficult to beat, as they stand now with Kluber and maybe Salazar we're in better shape but it's still anyone's series. Hope the offense shows up, that's probably the key to this series. How Toronto's offense fairs, it's been very hot and cold.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
fox is going to double or triple down on pushing the cubs. both cleveland and toronto will be a pretty low draw in the world series. the nlcs will probably be insufferable.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Who is Cleveland's 4'th starter? I know they have Kluber, Bauer, Tomlin and Carrasco+Salazar either can't pitch and can't start.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
As someone who really only follows NL + AL East and missed most of their sweep of Boston, can someone please give me a sparknotes of the Indians season/roster

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Yep! The rematch.

But THIS time, Toronto will move on.

Of course, I thought they'd get past KC last year, so anything's possible.

I mentioned in another thread that the current Jays' management team is the same duo that basically built this version of the Indians. No matter who advances, it wouldn't surprise me if Shapiro/Atkins are proud. :laugh:

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Indians finally facing an AL team is an actual series that is not the Red Sox, Mariners, Orioles or Yankees.

And I don't hate the Blue Jays, so that's nice.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
The only AL team (besides my own) that made the playoffs who I don't despise. Hate Red Sox, Orioles and Rangers and combined won 0 playoff games :D

Will Kluber pitch on short rest twice this series if it goes 7? With a banged up rotation and all. Is it possible/probable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad