2016-2017 Training Camp Thread

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for the help. I pretty much have everybody's status figured out after your posts.

I will probably wait for opening day rosters to be announced before posting the chart. The camp version is a mess.

By the way, per the AHL board here, Craig is the only player under AHL contract to the Monsters.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well this is his first time on NA ice. They're probably giving him more opportunities so he can adjust.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Guys like Brodeur are in camp as a training camp invitee (FA). The two years after they have been drafted originally (NJ for him) has passed and he was not re-drafted. They can be signed by any team at any time.

Jeremy Brodeur never got drafted. You are thinking of Anthony. How is he doing btw? Has he gotten to play more than 1 period?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Few more cuts on top of that today:
Blue Jackets Camp Roster Moves: Sept. 30
Four players assigned to AHL; three on waivers for purpose of assignment

The following players were assigned to the Cleveland Monsters, the Blue Jackets' American League affiliate: Forwards Paul Bittner, Ryan Craig and Jordan Maletta as well as defenseman Blake Siebenaler. In addition, center Alex Broadhurst, left wing Brett Gallant and defenseman Jaime Sifers will be placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment to Cleveland.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How many monsters centers have to go through waivers on their way down? Broadhurst, Sedlak, Tynan, who else? I don't keep track of this that closely so I hope this gets corrected if I'm wrong. My guess is that this will be Sedlak's first time through waivers but nothing new for the other two.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Assuming it's based on veteran 2-way contract (need to clear waivers) vs ELC (does not need to clear waivers), the remaining veteran 2-ways in camp are:

Sedlak
Tynan
Harrington
Ramage
Yevenko
Forsberg

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, I am hoping that the Monsters camp schedule/roster will be announced today. If it is, I will post it in the Monsters thread.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The camp roster is at 45. I only have 44. Who am I missing?:

Forwards (24)
Anderson
Atkinson
Bjorkstrand
Brown
Calvert
Campbell
Clarkson
Dubinsky