2016-2017 Training Camp Thread

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Still..

Bourque, Boll, Tyutin, Clarkson, Campbell, Falk. All gone in a single offseason.

Replaced with Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Gagner, Werenski, Nutivaara, and maybe Sedlak/Dubois.

That's an amazing roster turnover in such a short amount of time.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Still..

Bourque, Boll, Tyutin, Clarkson, Campbell, Falk. All gone in a single offseason.

Replaced with Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Gagner, Werenski, Nutivaara, and maybe Sedlak/Dubois.

It takes out a group of 6 guys no one else wanted to bringing in 6 guys who may or may not be ready for the NHL.
It's an improvement to dump the dead weight but to be seen if they guys are ready in 2016-17.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Even though I don't understand what is being said in the vast majority of his posts, I'd like to give a shoutout to Tulipunaruusu. He was hyping nutivaara a while ago, and I was not buying it at all.

While I wouldn't go as far to say he's the best prospect as he had stated, I am very impressed.:laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Even though I don't understand what is being said in the vast majority of his posts, I'd like to give a shoutout to Tulipunaruusu. He was hyping nutivaara a while ago, and I was not buying it at all.

While I wouldn't go as far to say he's the best prospect as he had stated, I am very impressed.:laugh:

Yeah you have to find the diamonds in the mountains of ******** he posts.

He's going on about pyramids, how's that going to persuade people to take Nutivaara seriously? :laugh::laugh:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Porty seems sure 8D and Dubois sent down. It seems obvious really. Can't imagine Dubois is still in camp for any reason other than veteran osmosis.

Pretty much this. Cape Breton's next game is Saturday is so he may be up here to take in the opening night festivities.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
What do you guys expect from Gagner this season? Has he looked good in preseason?
He's looked great in preseason, but it's preseason. I'm expecting a middle-six center role where he should function mainly as a distributor. He's had Foligno and Saad on his wings in the last couple games, and I've liked that line a lot, since it pairs Gagner, the team's weakest defensive center, with two of the most defensively-responsible wings, and also relieves the wings of the burden of creating their own chances on the offensive end.

Again, all we've seen from him is preseason, but I'm quietly hopeful that Gagner could have a pretty good year.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Still..

Yeah, from a seemingly quiet summer, that's a pretty big turnaround - more than I was expecting. They may be gambling on the rookies but I think it's a good thing after last year.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He's looked great in preseason, but it's preseason. I'm expecting a middle-six center role where he should function mainly as a distributor. He's had Foligno and Saad on his wings in the last couple games, and I've liked that line a lot, since it pairs Gagner, the team's weakest defensive center, with two of the most defensively-responsible wings, and also relieves the wings of the burden of creating their own chances on the offensive end.

Again, all we've seen from him is preseason, but I'm quietly hopeful that Gagner could have a pretty good year.

Thanks. I mostly remember Gagner as the only player since Lemieux in 1989 to get 8 points in a single game. Also, his output is odd in that he had his best season - 49 points - in his rookie year.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Blue Jackets fans! Is Werenski worth a pick up in fantasy? Will he see some PP time.

I had to toss Kronwall to the IR. REALLY deep league, so Werenski is still there. So is Gagner. Help an old rival out! Thanks guys. I have Dubi and Jenner on my team, why not add one more!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Blue Jackets fans! Is Werenski worth a pick up in fantasy? Will he see some PP time.

I had to toss Kronwall to the IR. REALLY deep league, so Werenski is still there. So is Gagner. Help an old rival out! Thanks guys. I have Dubi and Jenner on my team, why not add one more!

Sure. Id take a chance. Right now he's on our top pair and was among leaders in TOI for our PP.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
What do you think, does columbus have any interest in Teemu Pulkkinen. Just a long ahot cause kekalainen knows him well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad