2016-2017 Training Camp Thread

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Here you go.

The Blue Jackets turned creative Tuesday, reaching the NHL’s 23-player roster limit with an eye-opening move that ultimately isn't a big deal. It was all about the salary cap.
Center Alexander Wennberg, the club’s third-line center, was sent to minor-league Cleveland so that the Blue Jackets could get under the roster limit. But Wennberg won’t be gone long. He might not even set foot in Cuyahoga County.
Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen wouldn’t confirm plans, but sources told The Dispatch that Wennberg will be recalled this afternoon and play in Thursday’s season opener against the Boston Bruins at Nationwide Arena.
The Blue Jackets kept center Pierre-Luc Dubois, the No. 3 overall draft pick in June, on the roster. More specifically, the Blue Jackets kept Dubois’ contract on the books when the NHL stamped rosters as official at 5 p.m.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2016/10/12/jackets-roster-moves.html

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm so sick of this 1st line, 3rd line discussion..

We have a relatively flat distribution of ability over three lines. The lines that get tweeted around have to have some order to them, but it doesn't imply the same roles that most other clubs have with an overloaded top scoring unit, perhaps a sheltered line or a checking/scoring unit. Over the year we'll see how guys are being used in terms of minutes, zone starts, and matchups.

So yeah, Porty knock it off.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Wow.

It's after 10:00 am on opening night and no Game Day Thread.

Expectations and excitement for Blue Jacket Hockey in this community must have reached a new all-time low.

Go Bucks!

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I love Wennberg. I think he is going to be a really great player...but for the love of God, can no one teach him how to win a faceoffs? When a player is as bad as him at faceoffs and going to be taking to many, u think the coaching staff would make him practice this 2 hours a day. That's a lot of possession for a top line to give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad