Not open for further replies.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
I wonder if the Ducks try to land Jimmy Vesey. Left shooting LW and more than cost controlled. What if the Ducks throw a possible top 6 role into the mix? It could be worth the gamble.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I would be really happy for getting Vermette, but if he`s just speculating i will be super pissed because that dude got me all excited.

And Markus, no, Vesey is not cost controlled at all. He can chose the highest bidder. What is the max contract he can get? Something around 3M?

If so then i certainly do not want him for that. Rather would have kept Perron

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I would be really happy for getting Vermette, but if he`s just speculating i will be super pissed because that dude got me all excited.

And Markus, no, Vesey is not cost controlled at all. He can chose the highest bidder. What is the max contract he can get? Something around 3M?

That's not exactly accurate. Max deal is like 950k for 2 years with possible bonuses that could lead to salary over 3 mill. He still has to hit those bonuses and if he does he is likely performing at or above what Perron was doing for us. He's also much younger and would be an RFA after that first deal so much more useful team control.

All that being said I just don't see it happening. I think the Ducks would be a good fit as far as opportunity goes but I don't thi n k we check his other boxes. Not in North east. Near his family. No ties. About the only chance the Ducks have is if he is the kind of guy who wants to go out on his own and get away from his family and support to prove it.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Vesey has to sign an ELC, I'd call that cost controlled.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ah, this can turn into phrasing wars :laugh:

For us Vesey is not cost controled at all because we don`t even hold rights to him and when he will sign he will pretty certainly i think go for the max contract, which will be 3+M with bonuses. With our RFA situation that`s not that attractive or cost controlled, in my opinion.

My bad, i could have explained my thoughts more precisely.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I like vermette, i do think the player that fits best with him style wise is cogliano. Perhaps getting Antoine lessons the need to get 2 wingers in a trade.

Rakell-getz-perry
Winger(tatar)-kes-silf
Cogs-vermette-garbutt
Ritchie-wagner-boll/raymond

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hudler seems like a distinct possibility and a Murray type move. And I still think he and Holland have something worked out, Fowler won't start the season on this roster.

Agreed on both accounts. I actually think Hudler would be a really good pickup. Plays RW if I remember correctly, but is also a left shot. May be a good fit on the PP.

I agree about Detroit as well. I think it will be Fowler for Tatar and Sheahan. I don't like it, but makes a lot of sense for both teams.

I think it's citing a guy who may just be speculating

Yeah, I strongly question the validity of this. Plus, a 2 year deal? Just doesn't seem like something we'd do. I'd like Vermette, but I think at this point, he's at best, a 3rd/4th line center. Would be a good pickup though.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I wonder if the Ducks try to land Jimmy Vesey. Left shooting LW and more than cost controlled. What if the Ducks throw a possible top 6 role into the mix? It could be worth the gamble.

Vesey would be a terrific addition, but I think there's zero chance he comes here. Chicago can offer the same circumstances that we could, and they're more of a contender. Plus, Vesey has obviously seen what they did for Panarin.

I think Murray should have prioritized Perron more, but there's less risk with Vesey. Much of his contract would be bonus related. That could help with the budget.

Ah, this can turn into phrasing wars :laugh:

For us Vesey is not cost controled at all because we don`t even hold rights to him and when he will sign he will pretty certainly i think go for the max contract, which will be 3+M with bonuses. With our RFA situation that`s not that attractive or cost controlled, in my opinion.

My bad, i could have explained my thoughts more precisely.

I get what you're saying, but I'd still call that cost controlled personally. Would be a terrific addition, but I'd say that guy is either going east or to Chicago. No way he comes here.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I get what you're saying, but I'd still call that cost controlled personally. Would be a terrific addition, but I'd say that guy is either going east or to Chicago. No way he comes here.

He is certainly much more cost controlled than the regular UFA, sure. I can agree on that.

And yeah i also copmletely don`t see him considering us. Except if he hates Nashville so much he left them and is ready to revenge with us. Or also, if he`s actually ducksgo. Not sure which of the both scenarios is more realistic :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad