Speculation: 2016-2017 Trade Rumors III - Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
If this takes a little bit longer Cam will become a bottom pairing defenseman, an overpaid one for sure.

Funnily the fans of east coast teams rate him this way. Damn the way he plays is made for the east coast. With his skating he would turn heads around there.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Ever since the league started to Crack down on fighting and rivalries corsi stat nerds replaced the old school fans.
This website is the product and why hockey is not as entertaining as it used to be
There is no co relation nor causation between the two.

Also, cracking down on rivalries? Are you seriously making that argument three years after the league has rearranged PO format that promotes rivalries?

Hockey is as entertaining as ever, possibly even more as players are faster, stronger and more skilled.

Boot

Oct 20, 2010
If this takes a little bit longer Cam will become a bottom pairing defenseman, an overpaid one for sure.

Funnily the fans of east coast teams rate him this way. Damn the way he plays is made for the east coast. With his skating he would turn heads around there.

He didn't even make the cut for being in the "bottom pairing D to the rangers" post. I think we should just cut our losses and buy him out.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ever since the league started to Crack down on fighting and rivalries corsi stat nerds replaced the old school fans.
This website is the product and why hockey is not as entertaining as it used to be

Back in the good old days when we had to walk to the rink in the snow, and it was uphill both ways.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

That's not whats funny to me. What's funny to me is that any time I see a main boards Fowler thread, I don't even need to open the thread to know that Machinehead, Aufheben, and Flyline27 are dominating the conversation. I swear those three talk about Fowler more than Ducks fans do.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's not whats funny to me. What's funny to me is that any time I see a main boards Fowler thread, I don't even need to open the thread to know that Machinehead, Aufheben, and Flyline27 are dominating the conversation. I swear those three talk about Fowler more than Ducks fans do.

It's honesty bordering on pathetic, every single time his name gets mentioned the same group of hero chart worshippers come along to spew their crap. The extent of their argument is " the numbers don't lie", even after repeatedly having it explained to them why those stats are flawed. One of them is a mod, you'd think he'd have better things to do than to consistently troll Fowler threads and bait Ducks fans.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Don't forget Heraldic the Sabres fan. Must be upset his team didn't offer sheet Lindholm or trade for Fowler so now he has to piss on Fowler any chance he gets.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's honesty bordering on pathetic, every single time his name gets mentioned the same group of hero chart worshippers come along to spew their crap. The extent of their argument is " the numbers don't lie", even after repeatedly having it explained to them why those stats are flawed. One of them is a mod, you'd think he'd have better things to do than to consistently troll Fowler threads and bait Ducks fans.

And they want us to believe it's not cause people sneered at the Rangers for passing on Fowler.

Edit: in a thread that had nothing to do with the Rangers he managed to post 18 times about Fowler.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2108333

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Don't forget Heraldic the Sabres fan. Must be upset his team didn't offer sheet Lindholm or trade for Fowler so now he has to piss on Fowler any chance he gets.

He had a temper tantrum when everyone here laughed at his Ennis for Fowler proposal and he's been pushing the Fowler hate ever since.

And they want us to believe it's not cause people sneered at the Rangers for passing on Fowler.

Edit: in a thread that had nothing to do with the Rangers he managed to post 18 times about Fowler.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2108333

I can't think of any other explanation for it, some of the same posters will readily admit that advanced stats aren't gospel and require context, yet the hate blinders come on when Fowler's name comes up.

Oct 18, 2011
prime ticket put out an off-season special...could it be any more of a PR show? They make it sound like carlyle is the savior, and a roster that has lost a ton of talent over the last 15 months should be a cup favorite.

they tried to talk up jared boll and mason raymond, two players who are probably best served in the AHL. i don't expect media to call out murray for signing boll, after he traded maroon, doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
It's not like they're going to say, "Sorry fans. Your GM is a joke and signed two AHL players for the NHL team and hired a coach that will have the team get out shot 40-15 every game. This season will be a disaster."

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
It's not like they're going to say, "Sorry fans. Your GM is a joke and signed two AHL players for the NHL team and hired a coach that will have the team get out shot 40-15 every game. This season will be a disaster."

True.

So that's why we come here to the board to get slapped up the side of the head with a cold, dead fish.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We're at the point of the offseason where a move has to be coming in the next two weeks or we're rolling with an AHL bottom 6 and holes in the top 6

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Isn't training camp this year mid-to-late September? We have a little over a month before they start, unless I'm mistaken.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Trades usually dont happen during training camp i could be wrong

That's probably usually true, and GMs certainly prefer to have the group they want together by the time camps roll around. The key word is usually, though. This isn't really a usual offseason, and while Murray would certainly prefer to have things sorted out before then, he'll adjust if he has to.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Other teams will be mostly figured out, and will want to go into the season with what they've assembled.

While people may be optimistically hoping Murray will trade for a forward once the Swedes are sorted out, it's pretty unlikely that there will be a partner. I guess Detroit's situation is an opportunity though.

As the season nears, what is available is mostly bargain bin reclamation projects and other teams' preseason castoffs.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hudler seems like a distinct possibility and a Murray type move. And I still think he and Holland have something worked out, Fowler won't start the season on this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad