2016-2017 Trade Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well if we aren't going for a big fish then we probably should just stand pat cause the last thing we need on this team is more dead weight in the long run in the coming years w/ bad contracts.
Yeah if it's not Duchene or maybe......maybe......Johnson/Drouin/Palat/Flip then I'm good to just stand pat

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Yeah, you either go big (Duchene, maybe Johnson or Drouin though I have doubts that the latter is even available) or stand pat.

Rentals rarely make a big difference and since we're likely going @ Chicago in round 1, it doesn't make sense to go for rentals when we're an underdog in the 1st round.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I don't think San Jose overpaid, not by much anyway. Hansen is a very good swiss army knife type player signed for another year.

Nashville is NOT going to trade for Filppula, not unless they've already traded away a D-man. Filppula has to be protected in the expansion draft, Poile would not do something so stupid, especially with how often he has mentioned the expansion draft in relation to acquiring a player.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Filppula seems like a very odd target considering his age and what he would do to our expansion protection (doesn't seem like a player that would necessitate us moving a piece even as valuable as Ekholm). I just don't see Poile making that kind of move. That said, no real issue with him as a player (34p in 59g and +1 on a bad Tampa squad).

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
If he waves his NTC why do we still have to protect him? Is it such that they waive only to go to a certain place so its still valid that they can't be moved to vegas?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If he waves his NTC why do we still have to protect him? Is it such that they waive only to go to a certain place so its still valid that they can't be moved to vegas?

Because the NTC is still in effect. The only time it's not is if a player is traded before the clause takes effect (this happened with Subban.)

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
It actually has nothing to do with his NTC (which is a list of 16 teams he can't block a trade to), the problem is his NMC (No Movement Clause), that's why he has to be protected. Also, it is correct that once they go into effect, they are there for good, trade or not.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Soo, apparently the asking price for Duchene is a forward prospect + top-end d-prospect + 1st. So from us Fiala + Fabbro/Girard + 1st. That's a whole lot of futures. Dunno if I do that. The Isles have offered Barzal + Pulock + 1st.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Soo, apparently the asking price for Duchene is a forward prospect + top-end d-prospect + 1st. So from us Fiala + Fabbro/Girard + 1st. That's a whole lot of futures. Dunno if I do that. The Isles have offered Barzal + Pulock + 1st.

I would strongly consider this.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN

I'd do that in less than a heartbeat, but I'd be shocked if that was all Colorado wanted.

Losing the prospects hurts, but the core of this Predators team is extremely young, so there are several years to recover from that.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
I would strongly consider this.

Great for this year, but kills us in the expansion draft. We'd have to replace the prospect with one of our top-4 d-men.

I'd be fine if Poile does nothing today. The only upgrades to the roster at this point would be goalie (which we won't do), 2C, 4C, and Smith. Smith is actually playing pretty well with Fiala, so I don't know if I'd mess with that. A 2C would be the big target. If the price is too high, just get a big, strong, defensively responsible, penalty killing, good faceoff 4C. you know, like Gaustad.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The piece that really hurts there is Fiala. The kid has top-6 potential and I have no doubt that he's a gonna be a legit top-6 F in this league. Would like to see at least one more season from him. Or this season in the playoffs see how he does.

David, yep true but still Wilson and Smith are wildly inconsistent and Arvy has only one good year under his belt so any depth (especially young guys on ELC) is needed in the offense. Of course, Duchene would boost it himself.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
To Colorado: Fiala, 1st , Fabbro
To Nash: Duchene

To Buffalo: Colin Wilson, Colton Sissons
To Nash: Evander Kane

Forsberg-Johan-Arvy
Kane-Duchene-Neal
Jarnkrok-Fisher-Smith
Mcleod-Fiddler-Watson

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
one never knows, but i think we would ultimately regret that trade.

Quite possibly Steve.

Having said that, I trust this management team/scouting staff to find quality defensive prospects even in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Their history would seem to support that.

Fiala is really starting to come on, and the same management team hasn't had the same history in finding forward talent. Having said that, we've been prepared to trade Fiala for some time now. And we are stronger on the wings at forward than we are at center- which is pretty bad right now.

The 1st will be mid/late 1st in a weaker draft. It hurts, but the return here would be significant.

After this trade, you would have two top-line quality centers that are 26 or younger. You've got some very good wingers with Forsberg, Neal and Arvy to go with those centers. And you have a very good top 5 defense (counting Irwin).

To me, the toughest part of the trade is not giving up those assets to the Avs, but what would you then need to give up in order to not lose one of that core to Vegas.

But, like I said, I don't think that Colorado would go for it at all.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
one never knows, but i think we would ultimately regret that trade.

Well and in this case it's not exactly what the trade costs you either. If you use all prospects to bring Duchene is now you,ve got to leave one more forward unprotected unless you are willing to lose a Dman.

Duchene, Joey, Forsberg, and whom? Neal or Arvy? Leaving either exposed means probably needing to pay Vegas big time to keep either, and then they could just grab Jarnkrok.

So really it's a 2 top prospects, a 1st, plus whatever it costs you to keep from losing one of your top forwards you wouldn't have had to expose otherwise.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If the price is too high, just get a big, strong, defensively responsible, penalty killing, good faceoff 4C. you know, like Gaustad.

Exacly what we missed on Boyle. The guy has played more playoff games than anyone in the league the past 5 years.

And trigg, that would probably be a trade where the return we got would be a way worth less than Irwin is to us. Still would like to see Irwin-Subban pairing and see if Ek could be expendable.

And yes, that would screw our ED, but if Poile could pull off a protecting Arvy somehow. All the more reason to do this trade after ED. Would get an extended look on Fiala and should we trade him.

If Poile lands Duchene/Johnson a top-4 D has to go, and I hope he could bring in Quincey/Hamhuis/Kulikov as a rental to us. Then get a permanent top-4 replacement on Ekholm in the offseason. That is the only way that doesn't screw our ED plans.

Standing pat is fine to me, too.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN

you do this immediately. I have little doubt that Duchene wouldn't sign with us when his contract is up which is I believe 2 years later after this year and he'd probably sign for his career here. He loves Nashville. Not to mention, Yakov Trenin and Justin Kirkland have top 6 potential so while losing Fiala might hurt, we can fill the void in a couple years of growth and development with these other guy, while still keeping our team very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia