2016-2017 Trade Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
We have one of these every year. Nothing so far this season.

With the way we are shaping up it looks like we're going to have to fight for a wild card spot.

#1 thing we need is to get healthy. I feel like I'm saying this alot year in and year out.

But do we need a shake up. You can tell there is still something missing.

Wanted to open up a discussion thread for any potential trade ideas for the rest of the season. Have at it and Cheers!

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
At this point I don't think I'd be ok with a trade, unless we could do something like get an Avalanche forward on the cheap. IMO we're a team without great chemistry and if Poile does his patented trade deadline overpayment we will regret it again.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
1st for Franson?

On a more serious note. I wouldn't mind an upgraded version of Bass. Someone who you could ice game in, game out, but who wouldn't hesitate to respond to that **** Arvy, Fiala and co have to put up with

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
1st for Franson?

On a more serious note. I wouldn't mind an upgraded version of Bass. Someone who you could ice game in, game out, but who wouldn't hesitate to respond to that **** Arvy, Fiala and co have to put up with

Like I said in the Fisher article thread, Chris Neil. Give them a pick or a prospect in return.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Like I said in the Fisher article thread, Chris Neil. Give them a pick or a prospect in return.

This is exactly who I was thinking of. You and Gh24 both hit it on the head. We need a guy that we can ice nightly but stick up for our young guns.

Chris Neil is exactly who I'd like.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
I would rather make no trades unless we're sellers.

Western conference is the weaker one this year so that's the preds only saving grace.

The fact we are tied with Carolina and one point ahead of Toronto this late in the season doesn't bode well. *yes I know they are eastern conference teams.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Size, grit and experience for the bottom-6 and Third pair. I don't know who would be available, or what I'd pay for them, but this team really needs a couple Gaustad types.

This has been overshadowed this off-season by the Weber-Subban move, we pretty much replaced our bottom pairing and an entire line of forwards this summer. Not saying Nystrom and Gaustad were amazing, but played their roles.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Size, grit and experience for the bottom-6 and Third pair. I don't know who would be available, or what I'd pay for them, but this team really needs a couple Gaustad types.

We saw what Ladd went for last year to the black hawks.

I'd pass on sending a 1st and top prospect for anything this year.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
With the expansion draft this year, it be foolish to pay for anyone at the trade deadline.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Just an observation but when you are looking to add players you seek to improve a team. That being the case you must agree to what or who the problem is. If it is a 4th liner like Bass that is tagged as the problem then there is no use for a trade. Decide if the team is a buyer or seller. And not every fan favorite is a core player. It is no secret that Josi and Rinne are my favorite Preds but from a team standpoint at the trade deadline Poile has to shop Rinne. Aging but could be the guy that comes in and takes a team with a injured tender thru the playoffs. He can still get on a roll at times someone may take the chance he could catch fire in the playoffs. And if the team is out of the playoff picture theres little reason to remain attached.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It'd be dumb to trade Rinne this season, imo. Yes, he's aging, but he still has some in the tank, I mean he was just named star of November last month. If we make the playoffs anything can happen and he still has the ability to steal games. Keep in mind we still have to protect a goalie, if we keep Rinne we have to protect him and leave Mazanec exposed.

Next year he can split the load with Saros to see how Saros handles it, Rinne can still be very valuable with our franchise just by helping him out and can be one of the best back-ups/1b's in the game.

I can see Rinne playing out his contract with us, but if we move him I think the time would be in his last year.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Losing tonight isnt a season breaker but we should get a feel for the team heading forward.

With a loss, and continued downward play. I see ribs gone and possibly fisher gone at TDL. Hopefully for a 1st and a prospect each á la Ladd last season.

Dano is a everyday player for the 'peg right now.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they just go with what they got. No need to give up anything.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Losing tonight isnt a season breaker but we should get a feel for the team heading forward.

With a loss, and continued downward play. I see ribs gone and possibly fisher gone at TDL. Hopefully for a 1st and a prospect each á la Ladd last season.

Dano is a everyday player for the 'peg right now.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they just go with what they got. No need to give up anything.

Fisher is going nowhere. He'll retire before being traded.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Fisher is going nowhere. He'll retire before being traded.

So we'd rather get nothing? I'm sure he values winning the Stanley cup. Why not have a chance help Nashville and still comeback to club next season?

Preds can/if trade for the playoffs and he can sign back in Nashville in the offseason he's a UFA.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's way WAY too early to be talking about being sellers at the deasdline. That's ridiculous talk. We were this bad last year as late as January before it turned around.

But it's exactly the right time to discuss how long Poile is going to let this go on before he feels forced to make a shake up move. Expectations for this season were sky high and not making the playoffs would likely push Poile into retirement, so I cant see him sitting idly by if this tailspin continues past Christmas

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
An experienced bottom-6 forward or bottom-2 d-man. Nothing else. Like Drake said, no need for anything great with the expansion draft coming up.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
It's way WAY too early to be talking about being sellers at the deasdline. That's ridiculous talk. We were this bad last year as late as January before it turned around.

But it's exactly the right time to discuss how long Poile is going to let this go on before he feels forced to make a shake up move. Expectations for this season were sky high and not making the playoffs would likely push Poile into retirement, so I cant see him sitting idly by if this tailspin continues past Christmas

I don't think it's too early.

At best this team is borderline wildcard team right now and that's being generous because the western conference is weaker this year.

Eastern conference preds are 1 point from DFL.

I'd rather trade off UFA's and stock up than trade away assets or get nothing.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

They turned it around last year because they hit on a blockbuster trade for Joey. There is not going to be a deal of that magnitude this time.

This team is missing something intangible. Nothing ever seems to be easy for them this season. Who is really going to be out there and affordable come deadline time that will impact this team in a significant positive way?

I think by the time the deadline gets here this team will be on the 'seller' side of things. Move Ribs for something and bring Kamenev up from the Ads. Unless that will expose him to Vegas. Damn expansion draft murkiness.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
We're still in a decent spot for a wildcard. 3 points behind LA and Calgary. We've played the same number of games as LA but 3 less than Calgary. Only 1 point behind Dallas but again, we've played 3 less games than them.

Need to start picking up points soon though. Playing better on the road would help.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
They turned it around last year because they hit on a blockbuster trade for Joey. There is not going to be a deal of that magnitude this time.

This team is missing something intangible. Nothing ever seems to be easy for them this season. Who is really going to be out there and affordable come deadline time that will impact this team in a significant positive way?

I think by the time the deadline gets here this team will be on the 'seller' side of things. Move Ribs for something and bring Kamenev up from the Ads. Unless that will expose him to Vegas. Damn expansion draft murkiness.

I'm thinking it's Weber. They were so reliant on his hard slap slot to create offense and rebounds and chaos for their opponent while relying on his defense to clear up the defensive lapses that they don't know quite what to do now that he is gone and they don't have that to rely on. Going to need our guys to step up and fill Weber's role now that he is gone and help keep that energy going. Thinking they are also having to adjust to playing w/ Subban and haven't quite figured it out. Subban imo is going to have to play better/harder defensively. Guys imo seem to get by him too easily. The team was so used to playing w/ Weber and had chemistry/were in sync; now they are having to adjust to Subban who's style is different than Weber's. Either way they are going to have to step it up and figure it out. Need our play makers to make plays and our defense to defend and everybody to contribute. When you have confidence in your team/players you tend to also play better as a team. Everybody's going to need to communicate better to each other, be in sync, and on the same page to build some chemistry together. Right now we don't seem to have any consistency going. One game they seem in sync then the next not. Seems also like the team has to rely too much on the crowd's energy to get them motivated/going rather than each other. They also shouldn't have to wait until they are down to get motivated to step up their game and play hard. Mike as captain is going to need to spark his team to get them to play at a high level from the beginning of the first period to the end of the game. Mike can lead this by example by playing hard every shift himself. If I was Mike I would give his team a pep talk and/or give them the death stare that Weber does when the team is losing to motivate them to come out to play hard. Either way this team has the players/tools to succeed just going to have to go and do it. I know they can do it. It's just going to require everybody to come together and step up their game and have confidence in each other/chemistry together that they can do it and are going to need to play their part to make the team successful. Every player should be focusing on just making sure they are playing their best/hard and imo the rest will follow. We don't need any passengers on aboard this team but playmakers. Every player needs to step up their game and that includes Peks too.

Last edited:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
If I saw a guy like Ardvisson busting his tail every shift, it would get me going. But a few of our guys are prima donnas Joey cough cough, who think they don't have to work hard every shift.

I think the disruption on D losing Weber has hurt a lot. Particularly Ekholm who has been terrible so far this season. The offense is supposed to flow from the D. The D being out of synch just puts the offense in a hole.

How do we fix it? I'm not sure a trade would help at this point. May just need to see how things shake out in the expansion draft.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If I saw a guy like Ardvisson busting his tail every shift, it would get me going. But a few of our guys are prima donnas Joey cough cough, who think they don't have to work hard every shift.

I think the disruption on D losing Weber has hurt a lot. Particularly Ekholm who has been terrible so far this season. The offense is supposed to flow from the D. The D being out of synch just puts the offense in a hole.

How do we fix it? I'm not sure a trade would help at this point. May just need to see how things shake out in the expansion draft.

I know. If the whole team was busting their butt every shift like I see from Ardvisson and still lost I would be fine w/ that but that's not what I see from our players. Most of the time I see lackadaisical plays occurring which is what led to getting scored on or losing or people not covering their man/staying on top of their man or playing their body. Also don't see alot of battle going on or fight until we are down and embarrassed and then we show up or go out kicking butt. Should be doing that from the beginning and not letting up and not just when we are down. The push back and hard work ethics should be there from the beginning to the end. Every players should be responsible for their man and do a great job of covering their man cause when they don't their fellow teammate has to and ends up collapsing to cover two opponents instead of one and that tends to lead to break downs and getting scored on. That would be my number one advice for the team is to just make sure they are on their man like white rice. Make it hard for their opponent to score on them. Also they need to fight harder and not let up during the battles along the wall in the offense zone to create turnovers and more scoring chances. Lastly Peks needs to step up his game and it would be nice to seem him back to where he was the player that would stand on his head. Haven't seen that in a while.

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Do you guys think the players are tuning Lavy out? Historically he's had a pretty short shelf life. I'd consider moving on if we can't figure it out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad