2016-2017 Trade Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I'm torn between cutting bait at the right time and this would be selling too low.

I'd be fine if we waived him... He's on a clear trajectory downward and has been since his second full season. Not just by the numbers, his play has become noticeably worse on the ice.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Smith does this every year though. We want him traded at the deadline, then he gets hot and becomes one of our best scorers down the stretch. As bad as he has been this year, that doesn't seem likely. Of course, Forsberg wasn't scoring in the first 1/2 of the season either and he has caught fire...

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I didn't think Smith would make it to 20 goals last year with how he was playing but he got hot and did it. I think it's a little late for him to pick up enough goals to make 20 this year though but maybe he will get hot come playoff time out of nowhere. The kid works his but off at least. It's not from lack of effort. The contract is the hard part to take. Thing is we are not at the cap so does that really matter right now?

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
except for that whole 3 straight 20 goals seasons, when he wasn't....... :huh::banghead::facepalm:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said he was always awful, I said his career has been downward trajectory since his second full season, which is a fact...

He was awful last year and then his hot streak at the end salvaged his season, overall he still wasn't very good last year.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said he was always awful, I said his career has been downward trajectory since his second full season, which is a fact...

He was awful last year and then his hot streak at the end salvaged his season, overall he still wasn't very good last year.

While he has scored 20 goals over the last 3 seasons I agree with you. His total points have gone from 52, 44, and then 37. Now he is on pace for 23. There is no questions his production has declined in the Lavi era. Strange thing is I thought he would be one of the players that would excel in this system but that has not been the case.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Smith does this every year though. We want him traded at the deadline, then he gets hot and becomes one of our best scorers down the stretch. As bad as he has been this year, that doesn't seem likely. Of course, Forsberg wasn't scoring in the first 1/2 of the season either and he has caught fire...
Maybe. Not to be a truther but I went back and looked at the last 3 season game logs for March and April.

March/April starting 2013-14:

-60 games
-16 goals
-19 assists
-35 points

That's on pace for a 21 goal and 48 point season over 82 games, which is fine. To be fair, I don't know how well he was scoring in comparison to our other key guys.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I would not mind adding depth for 3-7th rounders. I think Duchenne is a guy I would give up a lot for under any circumstance. Johnson, I would not be as interested in, but I would still pursue. Ditto a guy like Drouin. This team has to be flexible because it is imperfect. Always look to improve. We do need depth to go far.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Me. Stand pat is the best choice right now.

Yes and no. Not that our chances are that great this year, standing pat is basically giving up on this year as this team is not consistent enough to accomplish anything. If you can add a quality player like a 2C or some quality depth without getting taken to the bank, I think you have to do it.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yes and no. Not that our chances are that great this year, standing pat is basically giving up on this year as this team is not consistent enough to accomplish anything. If you can add a quality player like a 2C or some quality depth without getting taken to the bank, I think you have to do it.

Well yes if we coudl get Duchene or Johnson for the right price then I'd really look into it. But I don't think standing pat is giving up on this year. When we've acquired at the TDL it has pretty much never worked. Last year we went farther than ever without any acquisitions near the TDL.

No for rentals.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
As much fun as it would be to trade for a center, I think we are just better off holding on to what we have and letting it ride. Despite vastly improved play, I think this team needs more time to gel to reach their full potential.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
As much fun as it would be to trade for a center, I think we are just better off holding on to what we have and letting it ride. Despite vastly improved play, I think this team needs more time to gel to reach their full potential.

With the way Pekka is playing if you do make a trade it better be for something more long term.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I just have this feeling in my stomach we're gonna be halfway through the day tomorrow and we're gonna get Filppula with a package none of us are gonna like.

Hoping for the big fish though.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I just have this feeling in my stomach we're gonna be halfway through the day tomorrow and we're gonna get Filppula with a package none of us are gonna like.

Hoping for the big fish though.

Well if we aren't going for a big fish then we probably should just stand pat cause the last thing we need on this team is more dead weight in the coming years w/ bad contracts. We need guys that are constant and constantly good at scoring goals. We have enough streaky guys on this team as is. Don't need to add more of that just to try to get rentals to maybe get pass an extra round in the playoffs. Rather just ride this team out if that is the case and see where it goes and then try to get an actual goal scorer/constant goal scorer in the future that will help us out in the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad