Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Center and LW for sure

I am pretty sure he has some experience at RW as well

I remember him on wing down the stretch for the Preds last year, Leafs 4th line centre position is kinda up in there, might be Laich but getting younger never hurt.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Watson can play all forward positions. He looked best at RW though. Shame, I thought he was good enough to be atleast the 13th forward.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Watson can play all forward positions. He looked best at RW though. Shame, I thought he was good enough to be atleast the 13th forward.

He isn't.

Watson doesn't do anything well enough to stick, despite many opportunities. He lost his spot to an undrafted Frederic Gaudreau in this camp.

He's shown no offensive ability, not good enough defensively.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
LOL 3rd round pick for Rinaldo then put him on waivers. Nice move Sweeney

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Kind of hope no one picks up Wotherspoon. No room for him this year and Kulak clearly out played him but I wouldn't mind him as our #6/#7 for next year when our contracts clear up.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Pedan cleared there bud. :)

Point stands though.
He went from 3rd pick value to waiver wire in the same amount of time.
In fact, pointing out he cleared hurts your point, as that means no other team wanted him :laugh:

Truthfully though, I like Pedan waay better than Rinaldo, Rinaldo being traded for such a high price shocked most people, and Pedan on waivers during the regular season is much more risky than preseason.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Point stands though.
In fact, pointing out he cleared hurts your point, as that means no other team wanted him :laugh:

Pedan was acquired because of his potential - Rinaldo was acquired with the GM knowing he is what he is.

A better analogy would be Benning paying a 3rd for Dorsett who has been pretty much outplayed by AHLers/PTO guys in Gaunce/Jack Skille.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Point stands though.

Truthfully though, I like Pedan waay better than Rinaldo, Rinaldo being traded for such a high price shocked most people, and Pedan on waivers during the regular season is much more risky than preseason.

It just means no one wanted pedan
on their nhl roster. It does not mean he has no value. Another season in the AHL should have him ready for the NHL . He missed almost an entire season with injuries before the canucks acquired him.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Not at all surprised Watson was cut. Hes nothing more than decent AHL'er. Preds fans hoped and wish waited pined for this guy to develop into a 1C. When he could not cut 1C in the AHL he moved to wing scored enough to get a chance. Never lived up to the hype many placed on him.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
It just means no one wanted pedan
on their nhl roster. It does not mean he has no value. Another season in the AHL should have him ready for the NHL . He missed almost an entire season with injuries before the canucks acquired him.

Oh I agree entirely, he still has value

I'm actually a big Pedan fan from his time with the Storm

I just found the comparison funny and was rolling with it

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
It looks like it'll be a quiet year for waiver pickups, with the expansion draft looming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad