Speculation: 2016-17 Trade Rumors II - Mystery Box Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I'm surprised to see Ducks fans offering Fowler for Kane on the trade board. Murray would need to be fired on the spot for a disaster like that.

Only way there is fowler Kane deal is if it's

Kane (salary retained) +

For

Fowler + cap dump

Too much risk but I do feel Kane is the perfect compliment to a Getz Perry on the ice.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Only way there is fowler Kane deal is if it's

Kane (salary retained) +

For

Fowler + cap dump

Too much risk but I do feel Kane is the perfect compliment to a Getz Perry on the ice.

That's still awful. Kane's issues are bigger than concerns over salary. Fowler isn't going to be traded for someone with locker room issues.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I have zero interest in moving even moving a Ducks window decal for Evander Kane. I don't care that he's skilled. When two non playoff teams decide they just can't take it anymore...i mean if BUFFALO can't stand him anymore...keep him away from here.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm surprised to see Ducks fans offering Fowler for Kane on the trade board. Murray would need to be fired on the spot for a disaster like that.

I'm not that surprised, because it's a small minority. Bad offers like that happen all the time. I don't think the offers are well thought out.

I'd be surprised if Murray was willing to trade for Kane. He doesn't seem like the type of GM to tolerate that kind attitude. I certainly don't think he'd offer an asset like Fowler for him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I have to wonder if Buffalo would expose him to the expansion draft.

It's a poor use of assets, but I think his value to GM's around the league has plummeted. I don't expect him to get a good return, if he is moved. Not equivalent to a player of his ability. Some team that has the cap space will buy him cheap, use him for maybe a year and a half, and then ship him off at the trade deadline leading up to him being a UFA. Or they'll just straight up let him walk.

I think they can expose him and then buy him out if needed. Maybe they don't if they're not hurting for space and can keep him for the year, but the especially cheap cost has to be tempting.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's still awful. Kane's issues are bigger than concerns over salary. Fowler isn't going to be traded for someone with locker room issues.

Locker room issues is an understatement at this point. He comports himself like a classless moron OFF the ice too, and the most recent set of shenanigans has criminal charges reportedly filed against him. For Winnipeg's sake I wanted them to trade him a while ago. Then they did. The thought of him coming to the Ducks disgusts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad