Speculation: 2016-17 Trade Rumors II - Mystery Box Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
If you want to move Despres, Kane might be the sort of situation that makes that easier. Of course, he comes with problems of his own.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Think we'll see Bob make a small move today then a somewhat big move tomorrow. Just a gut feeling

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
I'm on the fence about Kane. He is a good player, but his off ice stuff...
On the other hand Ducks locker room has been shown to be the "no BS will be tolerated" type of group with very strong and serious personalities... so who knows...

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
If they would do Despres for Kane with a small salary retention I'd be all over that. Then target Loui Eriksson in free agency.

Kane - Getzlaf - Perry
Eriksson - Kesler - Silfverberg
Cogliano - Rakell - Ritchie/Noesen
Garbutt - Wagner - Stewart

I could get behind something like that.

The 2way play of that shutdown line of Loui/Kes/Silf ****drools

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Boll was bought out by Columbus. I could see this guy becoming a Duck. Not saying I want it, but definitely a Carlyle player.

Korpikoski reeks of a Murray target, though. Left-shooting LW, former 1st rounder, had an off year, reclamation project, can be had for peanuts. I could even see Murray dropping Cogs to make way. Not that Korp is a Cogs by any standard, that role would have to be taken up by Garbutt, but I can see Korp sliding in below Garb. 1x1 contract. Mark my words.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
If they would do Despres for Kane with a small salary retention I'd be all over that. Then target Loui Eriksson in free agency.

Kane - Getzlaf - Perry
Eriksson - Kesler - Silfverberg
Cogliano - Rakell - Ritchie/Noesen
Garbutt - Wagner - Stewart

I could get behind something like that.

The 2way play of that shutdown line of Loui/Kes/Silf ****drools

We'd need a new owner, one that spends to the cap for that to work. :laugh:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm on the fence about Kane. He is a good player, but his off ice stuff...
On the other hand Ducks locker room has been shown to be the "no BS will be tolerated" type of group with very strong and serious personalities... so who knows...

Kane is almost 25. I don't think the locker room is going to change him. More likely, he'll just pull more crap, and then whip out the victim card and say Anaheim didn't have his back. Until Kane starts taking responsibility for his actions off the ice, I don't want him anywhere near this team.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
You can't change a player's NMC. You can ask a player to waive his NMC. And player's protected as of July 1 is irrelevant.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Kane's a buyout waiting to happen. Maybe not this summer, which can only happen if a Sabre elects for arbitration, but barring a major comeback it should happen next year. Because he's under 26 it'll only be a 250k cap hit in 2018 and a 1M the year after that.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
We resigned him but his deal doesnt take effect till july 1st right? So maybe it can altered prior to it starting.

Since the NMC/NTC can be waived, honored at new team or not, it seems like it's a flexible part of someone's contract. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to a 10 team NTC. I've said this previously, might be a "we'll buy you out or ship you out prior to 7/1 if you don't waive the NMC for expansion draft."

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Kane's a buyout waiting to happen. Maybe not this summer, which can only happen if a Sabre elects for arbitration, but barring a major comeback it should happen next year. Because he's under 26 it'll only be a 250k cap hit in 2018 and a 1M the year after that.

I have to wonder if Buffalo would expose him to the expansion draft.

It's a poor use of assets, but I think his value to GM's around the league has plummeted. I don't expect him to get a good return, if he is moved. Not equivalent to a player of his ability. Some team that has the cap space will buy him cheap, use him for maybe a year and a half, and then ship him off at the trade deadline leading up to him being a UFA. Or they'll just straight up let him walk.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Since the NMC/NTC can be waived, honored at new team or not, it seems like it's a flexible part of someone's contract. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to a 10 team NTC. I've said this previously, might be a "we'll buy you out or ship you out prior to 7/1 if you don't waive the NMC for expansion draft."

We'd still have to protect him if it's changed to X teams. He'd need to waive it completely.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Would that indicate were trying to keep Cam then?

I still think it has more to do with Manson. Manson plays a physical game, young, RH shot, cost controlled defensemen. I don't see anyway that LV would pass him over, especially when our top forwards available would be something like Cogliano or Kerdiles.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Depends how desperate BM gets for a big left shot LW as Kane is exactly the type of player on the ice he's looking for, off the ice on the other hand.....

Would be a gamble, but perhaps not a bad one to take with only 2 years left on his contract if the LW market dries up (assuming Kane wouldn't bring much in return which it's doubtful he would get a big return).

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
We'd still have to protect him if it's changed to X teams. He'd need to waive it completely.
What if he changes his NMC to include Las Vegas on his list of teams he would move to. That would make a fun saga :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would take Kane at a bargin price tbh, would prob play pretty well on getzlaf wing, and should put up 50-60 points with our roster.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'm surprised to see Ducks fans offering Fowler for Kane on the trade board. Murray would need to be fired on the spot for a disaster like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad