Line Combos: 2016-17 Roster prediction

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I would like management to set up the roster to determine what they have in the younger players. Don't care what the swedes do, cause they aren't really the keys to long term success. Just here for insulation to me.

They have to make a decision on who to protect in expansion between gaunce, Rodin, granlund, Etem. Need to see what they can do.

Swedes, Bo, Sven, and Sutter will be protected.

Pencil in Hansen until he gets traded.

On defence, if Larsen plays well, he could be taken. Either way, most likely to lose a young player.

Either it is gaunce our 2012 first rounder. Rodin the 2009 2nd rounder. Granlund who cost us shink the 2013 first rounder.

But we are protecting 3 swedes aged 36 and 32.
Not protecting Sedins and Eriksson will be the dumbest move ever in NHL history

Hagger2016

Jul 3, 2016
Goose "fly" North to "knock down" the Lucic

Regular Fast Paced game

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Sutter Gaustad Hansen
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Etem Granlund Dorsett
*Press Box - Burrows Rodin

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Larsen
*Press Box - Pedan

Markstrom
Miller

Gaustad (6'5") was drafted by Benning and he's a tough - "Big" man. Great in the face cycle, PK, PP in front blocking the goalie's view from the point.

For a Heavy game or vs the Oilers :yo:
Gaustad will even the score with Lucic as well -
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Burrows Sutter Hansen
Pedan Gaustad Dorsett
*Press Box - Granlund Rodin Etem

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Larsen

Miller
Markstrom​

Verbalyst

Jan 9, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Regular Fast Paced game

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Sutter Gaustad Hansen
Etem Granlund Dorsett
*Press Box - Burrows Rodin

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Larsen
*Press Box - Pedan

Markstrom
Miller

Gaustad (6'5") was drafted by Benning and he's a tough - "Big" man. Great in the face cycle, PK, PP in front blocking the goalie's view from the point.

For a Heavy game or vs the Oilers :yo:
Gaustad will even the score with Lucic as well -
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Burrows Sutter Hansen
Pedan Gaustad Dorsett
*Press Box - Granlund Rodin Etem

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Larsen

Miller
Markstrom​

Gaustad is absolute trash. Can't skate, no puck skills overrated PK'er. Only prolonged his career by being an excellent faceoff guy and Nashville spent a 1st on him.

My projected lines
Sedins- Eriksson
Bae-Sutter-Rodin
Etem-Horvat-Hansen
Virtanen-Granlund-Dorsett
Ex:
Burrows, Gaunce

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Tryamkin- Larsen
Sbisa, Pedan

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertschi Horvat Hansen
Etem Sutter Virtanen
Burrows Granlund Rodin
Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Larsen
Sbisa Pedan

Markstrom
Miller

I think THAT'S IT except with Pedan to Biega in your suggestion.

Sbisa goes down if any dman excels in camp & pre-season

Burrows goes down if any extra forward excels in camp & pre-season

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I personally don't mind our roster, lots of youth peppered throughout it. The success of our team largely depends on the development of our youth, it's not a bad situation to be in. We also have some guys trying to fit in, like Boeser, Gaunce, etc. I'm optimistic, I chose not to look purely at the negative.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I think THAT'S IT except with Pedan to Biega in your suggestion.

Sbisa goes down if any dman excels in camp & pre-season

Burrows goes down if any extra forward excels in camp & pre-season

It would be great if Pedan pushed his way onto th team or even as depth but I honestly have no hope for him. He's big yes but was absolutely trash in all aspects last year in my opinion. I see Biega as the safer proper side depth and he plays bigger than his size suggests.bi just personally cannot stand Pedan but would love for him to prove me wrong

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Loui Eriksson
Matthew Tkachuk - Nick Bonino - Dylan Larkin/ William Nylander
Hunter Shinkaruk - Bo Horvat - Jannik Hansen
Brad Richardson - Jared McCann - Derek Dorsett

Ben Hutton - Chris Tanev
Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Nikita Tryamkin
Gustav Forsling
Roland McKeown

J Markstrom
E Lack

:sarcasm:

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Loui Eriksson
Matthew Tkachuk - Nick Bonino - Dylan Larkin/ William Nylander
Hunter Shinkaruk - Bo Horvat - Jannik Hansen
Brad Richardson - Jared McCann - Derek Dorsett

Ben Hutton - Chris Tanev
Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Nikita Tryamkin
Gustav Forsling
Roland McKeown

J Markstrom
E Lack

:sarcasm:

You forgot Kylington/Andersson and Corrado and you can't claim both McKeown and Garrison.

Theodore instead of Bonino + Sbisa

What could have been:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Burrows Horvat Hansen
Shinkaruk McCann Virtanen
Gaunce Richardson Kassian
Rodin

Prospects: Boeser, Tkachuk

Edler Tanev
Hutton Tryamkin
Hamhuis Theodore
Pedan Corrado

Prospects: Forsling, Kylington McKeown

Lack
Markstrom

Prospects: Demko Gaertig

Cap space: Tons and tons.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Sedin-Sedin-Ericsson --> ppg ish
Bae-Bo-Etem --> Etem brings puck retrieval + net front finish
Burrows-Sutter-Hansen --> heavy lifting defensively
Rodin-Granlund-Virtannen --> skilled and easiest match ups
Dorset
(Gaunce playing top line minutes in Utica)

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Guddy Gud
Tryamkin- Larsen
Sbisa-Pedan
(Biega waived)

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Realistically, I see this:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Eriksson
Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen
Etem - Sutter - Burrows
Dorsett - Granlund - Virtanen
Rodin

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Sbisa - Larsen
Pedan - Tryamkin

Miller
Markstrom

Rodin rotates in and out of the lineup unless or until he earns a permanent spot.

Tryamkin and Larsen rotate in and out of that 6th D spot because I doubt Sbisa will be a spare. Biega will likely be the one who gets sent down to Utica.

One change I could see to the forward lineup is either Virtanen or Rodin gets that 2Nd line RW spot, the other plays on the 4Th line, and Hansen moves down with Sutter and Burrows to form a true checking line. Dorsett then becomes the spare forward.

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen/Rodin
Burrows - Sutter - Hansen
Etem - Granlund - Virtanen/Rodin
Dorsett

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Tryamkin and Larsen rotate in and out of that 6th D spot because I doubt Sbisa will be a spare. Biega will likely be the one who gets sent down to Utica.

This will be an interesting one. Considering Botch's rumors that they were trying to move Sbisa's contract for cap space to acquire a forward it seems like they're comfortable with Tryamkin anchoring the left-side on the bottom pair. Larsen and Biega are obviously in competition for that right-side spot, and agree from what we've heard it seems like Larsen will get the chance out of camp. Will be very interested to see how they juggle Sbisa/Tryamkin if someone isn't moved before the start of the year. I don't think you'll see a Sbisa-Tryamkin pair unless we have injuries because that leaves the blue line really limited on offense.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Kane/Hudler/Gagner-Sutter-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Etem-Granlund-Burrows
Dorsett, Rodin

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Seidenberg-Larsen
Tryamkin

I see them moving Sbisa, either in a deal for Kane, or for a low-pick.

If they don't get Kane (or Landeskog or whomever in a pipedream), they'll fill the spot with what they can get from UFA scraps. Unfortunately. And Seidenberg on a one-year 'prove-it' deal would be a very Jimbo thing to do.

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Kane/Hudler/Gagner-Sutter-Hansen
Etem-Granlund-Burrows
Dorsett, Rodin

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Seidenberg-Larsen
Tryamkin

I see them moving Sbisa, either in a deal for Kane, or for a low-pick.

If they don't get Kane (or Landeskog or whomever in a pipedream), they'll fill the spot with what they can get from UFA scraps. Unfortunately. And Seidenberg on a one-year 'prove-it' deal would be a very Jimbo thing to do.

I also think they'll sign Hudler to help strengthen the wingers ...

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Hudler-Sutter-Hansen
Burrows-Granlund-Etem
Dorsett/Rodin/Gaunce

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Sbisa-Tryamkin
Larsen

I dont think Dim Jim will pull the plug on his love infatuation with Sbisa, thus he'll be in the starting lineup. Also, Rodin is a major wild card. If he shows promise, all other wingers could get bumped down a notch.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Realistically, I see this:

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen
Etem - Sutter - Burrows
Dorsett - Granlund - Virtanen
Rodin

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Sbisa - Larsen
Pedan - Tryamkin

Miller
Markstrom

Rodin rotates in and out of the lineup unless or until he earns a permanent spot.

One change I could see to the forward lineup is either Virtanen or Rodin gets that 2Nd line RW spot, the other plays on the 4Th line, and Hansen moves down with Sutter and Burrows to form a true checking line. Dorsett then becomes the spare forward.

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen/Rodin
Burrows - Sutter - Hansen
Etem - Granlund - Virtanen/Rodin
Dorsett

To me, Tryamkin is one of the of the most intriguing guys on next year's team....Wondering from posters what the expectations should be?....I know the 'experts' have already penciled Tanev, Edler, Hutton and Gudbranson into the top four...but with most of last year's depth d-men gone and with Hamhuis' departure, I'm wondering if Tryamkin could surprise and challenge for a top-four spot?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I also think they'll sign Hudler to help strengthen the wingers ...

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Hudler-Sutter-Hansen
Burrows-Granlund-Etem
Dorsett/Rodin/Gaunce

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Sbisa-Tryamkin
Larsen

I dont think Dim Jim will pull the plug on his love infatuation with Sbisa, thus he'll be in the starting lineup. Also, Rodin is a major wild card. If he shows promise, all other wingers could get bumped down a notch.

Agreed with this just hope we dont sign Hudler and also hope but know it wont happen to have Gauncer in there as 4C instead of the wrong Granlund brother :laugh:

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Sedin Sedin Erikkson
Hanson Sutter Rendulic
Horvat Baertschi Virtanen
Burrows Dorsett/Gaunce/Granlund/Etem

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sabres fan coming in peace. re: Evander Kane trade (assuming that charges are dismissed against Kane).

Buffalo: GMTM is likely looking to add salary that comes off the books soon. Players like Miller, Sbisa, and Burrows fit the bill. GMTM is also likely looking to add picks to either use to trade to Vegas to pick/not pick a player, or make a run for Shattenkirk or Fowler.

Vancouver: not likely to give up full value because of Kane's recent behavior. He is talented though, and could be a good fit on your 2nd or 3rd line.

Sbisa: might work, but has two years on his deal.
Burrows: last year of his deal, works for Buffalo.
Miller: doesn't work for Buffalo; already invested in Lehner and Nilsson.

Base deal: Kane for Sbisa or Burrows

Adds for Vancouver: not going to give up Boeser, Demko, Juolevi, or Virtanen, and Buffalo shouldn't expect that type of return. I think Pedan and Cassels hold value for Buffalo. Buffalo needs complementary LHD to play with Ristolainen and Bogosian. Cassels could fill Gionta's RW spot on the Foligno-Larsson line if he develops. Picks always work for Buffalo.

Initial deal to negotiate: Kane for Sbisa/Burrows, Pedan, Cassels, 2017 1st. Adjustments....

thanks

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Sabres fan coming in peace. re: Evander Kane trade (assuming that charges are dismissed against Kane).

Buffalo: GMTM is likely looking to add salary that comes off the books soon. Players like Miller, Sbisa, and Burrows fit the bill. GMTM is also likely looking to add picks to either use to trade to Vegas to pick/not pick a player, or make a run for Shattenkirk or Fowler.

Vancouver: not likely to give up full value because of Kane's recent behavior. He is talented though, and could be a good fit on your 2nd or 3rd line.

Adds for Vancouver: not going to give up Boeser, Demko, Juolevi, or Virtanen, and Buffalo shouldn't expect that type of return. I think Pedan and Cassels hold value for Buffalo. Buffalo needs complementary LHD to play with Ristolainen and Bogosian. Cassels could fill Gionta's RW spot on the Foligno-Larsson line if he develops. Picks always work for Buffalo.

Initial deal to negotiate: Kane for Sbisa/Burrows, Pedan, Cassels, 2017 1st. Adjustments....

thanks
absolutely want nothing to do with Kane,unless its the 1 with the first name of Patrick.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley

thanks

You're probably not going to find a single person on this board comfortable giving up a 1st round pick in the next 5+ drafts.

Sbisa/Gaunce/2nd is about the best I would do. It's not a great offer... but Kane isn't a great person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad