2016-17 Roster Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Copp is waiver exempt. Lowry was not. I am not surprised at any of the demotions.

This. Except I am surprised at the Pavelec demotion.
I was setting myself up with the expectation that Helle would get sent down. Because, waivers.
I really didn't think they would have the stones to send pavelec down. So glad they did!

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
- Finally some good news about Pavs!

- When there are injuries Thorburn better remain in the pressbox while the call-ups play. If he dresses more games than Dano, Petan, Copp, etc. this season it's a crime.

- Please trade Lowry soon before he becomes Thor 2.0.

- Stuart should never take the ice again once the Trouba situation is resolved.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I feel a bit for Little. He's gonna be doing some heavy lifting this year I think. I think he's capable, but he's got his work cut out for him, at least on our end of the rink.

I expect by the end of the year Little will have Connor and Laine on his wings and that's something that has me really excited. I know both kids like to play LW but if you look at where their goals come from it's clear that they prefer opposite sides in the O-zone. Would just have to sort out who belongs on which side in the D-zone.

Luck of Duck

Jan 20, 2013
When do we usually find out about jersey numbers? Any predictions?

Seems like Connor 81 will happen but I think he'd look good with 11 too. Morrissey could go with 6 but I'd like to see him go with 77 personally. Tanev and Laine already have theirs.

Actually I think Armia should get new number now too. I dont think he ever cleared camp with Buffalo and surely did not clear the camp last year. He used to play 10 in FEL, but dont know if he will use that now. Interesting to see.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Gotta feel for Copp.

I wonder if Trouba had been on the team if Copp would have been demoted. I think this sends a message to Trouba that maybe he is not only affecting his career and teammates by holding out, but also negatively impacting his childhood friend. In terms of talent, I don't think it is unfathomable that De Leo moves ahead of him on the depth chart. Lowry-Tanev as the first unit PK? I think Lowry deserves a chance to play with more skilled players than Thorburn to be written off.

Dano will be back. I think playing top unit PP, with DeLeo, Petan, Kosmachuk and Kichton on the Moose will boost his confidence. I think he and DeLeo will be back sooner than later. At least forward depth is not a concern for the coaching staff this year.

Dano-DeLeo-Kosmachuk
Petan-Copp-Roslovic
Howden-Cormier-Lipon
Blomqvist-Olsen-Lodge

Makes for a good lineup.

When Lemieux comes back Chevy has to consider moving a forward for defensive depth.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This. Except I am surprised at the Pavelec demotion.
I was setting myself up with the expectation that Helle would get sent down. Because, waivers.
I really didn't think they would have the stones to send pavelec down. So glad they did!

No one is claiming Pavelec based on his ability and overpriced contract.

Any interested team should be able to bargain with the Jets after the fact with the Jets retaining about 50% for a token draft pick.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
There is absolutely no way Trouba's holdout in any way affected their decision to send Copp down.

He's waiver exempt and didn't prove to a significant degree he should be on the team more than guys like Tanev or Lowry. Maybe if Lowry was waiver exempt and Copp wasn't it'd be reversed, but things like that are actually related to the decision.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
There is absolutely no way Trouba's holdout in any way affected their decision to send Copp down.

He's waiver exempt and didn't prove to a significant degree he should be on the team more than guys like Tanev or Lowry. Maybe if Lowry was waiver exempt and Copp wasn't it'd be reversed, but things like that are actually related to the decision.

I agree. TN doesn't roll that way.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am sure Beyak, Toth, and Edmonds are stunned at today's developments.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yes that is true.
However as another poster put it
Could turn out to be Thorbs 2.0
I feel Copp has way more upside

The guy was the WHL player of the year before joining the Jets, that has to factor into his pedigree, which is sharply contrasted from 2 years ago, when people thought he was in line for a letter. Also with young LWs, don't be surprised if his versatility and tenacity in board battles earns him some late game assignments.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
When do we usually find out about jersey numbers? Any predictions?

Seems like Connor 81 will happen but I think he'd look good with 11 too. Morrissey could go with 6 but I'd like to see him go with 77 personally. Tanev and Laine already have theirs.

Could Morrissey take 77? Isn't that DeLeo's rookie number?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sigh. Finally rid of a brutal hockey in peluso (he honestly should struggle to crack the top 12 on moose) but comes as a bittersweet pill as they make a real stupid decision cutting dano. Sigh pretty never get a full win with this team. Oh well at least peluso is gone.

Team didnt go stupid though. Much better than i expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad