2016-17 Roster Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
No real surprise except for Copp thought he camp wasn't that bad, better than some some. Anyone of the guys that need to be waived going to be claimed?

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I suppose it was to be expected on Copp and Dano since they can pass through w/o waivers. I'm not as high on Copp, although think he's serviceable as 4C, but Dano is a shame.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
wait. strait sent down . according to a lot of people here he was on the team.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Lowry and Thorbs over Copp and Dano.... I'm happy about the other cuts, but really? I know Thorbs is just press box fodder but Lowry over Copp??

It has been discussed before. This is strictly a decision not to waive Lowry and Copp/Dano are exempt.

Cool that Tanev earned a spot.

Would prefer Dano over Burmistrov.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
No real surprise except for Copp thought he camp wasn't that bad, better than some some. Anyone of the guys that need to be waived going to be claimed?

I like Copp getting some time in the A to develop his offense. He has some upside there to be a middle 6 guy IMO and playing 7 minutes a night with Thorburn hasn't helped that develop.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Copp and Dano are better than 2/3 of whoever will be on our 4th line....but asset protection required when trades don't come to fruition. Pretty good luxury to have the likes of Copp, Dano, Petan in the minors.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
When do we usually find out about jersey numbers? Any predictions?

Seems like Connor 81 will happen but I think he'd look good with 11 too. Morrissey could go with 6 but I'd like to see him go with 77 personally. Tanev and Laine already have theirs.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Stafford
Laine-Perreault-Armia
Matthias-Burmistrov-Tanev
Lowry
Thorbur

Edit: Forgot Matthias

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
When do we usually find out about jersey numbers? Any predictions?

Seems like Connor 81 will happen but I think he'd look good with 11 too. Morrissey could go with 6 but I'd like to see him go with 77 personally. Tanev and Laine already have theirs.

He could take 10 as that's what he wore in PA.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
a Lowry-Burmi-Tanev 4th line could be interesting. Hopefully they keep burmi at C since by all accounts he's been struggling on the wing. Hoping we can play a 4th line for normal minutes this year too...

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Stafford
Laine-Perreault-Armia
Lowry-Burmistrov-Tanev
Thorbur

I feel a bit for Little. He's gonna be doing some heavy lifting this year I think. I think he's capable, but he's got his work cut out for him, at least on our end of the rink.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Lowry and Thorbs over Copp and Dano.... I'm happy about the other cuts, but really? I know Thorbs is just press box fodder but Lowry over Copp??

Copp is waiver exempt. Lowry was not. I am not surprised at any of the demotions.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
a Lowry-Burmi-Tanev 4th line could be interesting. Hopefully they keep burmi at C since by all accounts he's been struggling on the wing. Hoping we can play a 4th line for normal minutes this year too...

I don't see that unfortunately, I think the 4th line will be

Tanev-Lowry-burmi/thorburn

Thorbs will check in against the bigger teams

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm OK with a "Lowry/Burmi - Lowry/Burmi - Tanev" 4th line. More upside on that line than any of our 4th lines in the last 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad