2016-17 Roster Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Probably. I'd move someone to try to rectify our defenseman situation.

Right. I think everyone should realize that some of the guys sent to the Moose will be back with the Jets at some point this year. I would think a forward or two will get traded during the year (e.g., Burmistrov, Stafford).

I think Maurice even suggested that this roster will evolve over the year.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
something that shouldn't be ignored:
with this youth movement, the jets are in pretty amazing capspaceland for the next 2 seasons (Trouba's situation, pending).
arguably, you can have Little walk in 2 years and you have legit centre options to replace him. arguably.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Sigh. Finally rid of a brutal hockey in peluso (he honestly should struggle to crack the top 12 on moose) but comes as a bittersweet pill as they make a real stupid decision cutting dano. Sigh pretty never get a full win with this team. Oh well at least peluso is gone.

Team didnt go stupid though. Much better than i expected.

It's better than expected, we just need to trade Burmistrov for whatever pick we can get to open room up in the lineup for Dano.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Right. I think everyone should realize that some of the guys sent to the Moose will be back with the Jets at some point this year. I would think a forward or two will get traded during the year (e.g., Burmistrov, Stafford).

I think Maurice even suggested that this roster will evolve over the year.

I could easily see Burmi or Stafford moved at some point. Agree too on players returning to the Jets lineup: Copp and Dano are likely to be back fairly quickly, methinks.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Lowry and Thorbs over Copp and Dano.... I'm happy about the other cuts, but really? I know Thorbs is just press box fodder but Lowry over Copp??

Lowry would never get waived -- he'd be picked up so fast by 10 other clubs. So even though Copp has had a real good camp, if thats the choice, Copps will be sent down.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Now the big question is out of Morrissey, Chiarot, and Stuart who gets press box duty?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I agree with the Peluso cut from the 23 man roster. I just do not want a central or Western Canada team picking him up on waivers. Peluso is not a good hockey player....... But I have yet to see him lose a fight in a Jet uniform. I do give credit where credit is due. He did the role he was asked to play.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I agree with the Peluso cut from the 23 man roster. I just do not want a central or Western Canada team picking him up on waivers. Peluso is not a good hockey player....... But I have yet to see him lose a fight in a Jet uniform. I do give credit where credit is due. He did the role he was asked to play.

I'd love for any rival to pick up Peluso.

Fool proof solution for Jets players to not lose a fight to Peluso on a rival team: don't agree to fight Peluso. Instead, skate around him and score.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Ideal lineup:

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Perreault Connor
Matthais Little Armia
Tanev Copp Dano

Toby Trouba
Morrissey Buff
Chiarot Myers

Helle